OFFICIAL: 2011 HFNHL Free Agent Results - *** COMPLETE ***

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Correct Bertuzzis is actually a Jet. Also Matt Gilroy shouldn't have signed that RFA contract his QO was actually 2.75 mil or something along those lines so that signing is voided. It would have been nice to have a list of the QO offers ahead of time. Hopefully that Gilroy is the only guy with this problem.

Well i dont think we have that problem with Schnieder :P but its supposedly going to be matched anyways

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
Correct Bertuzzi is actually a Jet. Also Matt Gilroy shouldn't have signed that RFA contract his QO was actually 2.75 mil or something along those lines so that signing is voided. It would have been nice to have a list of the QO offers ahead of time. Hopefully that Gilroy is the only guy with this problem.

This listing of Bertuzzi to Wasington is my fault. When I started to type out the individual results I typed Washington instead of Winnipeg. I guess it's just to hard to say Winnipeg, but Jets sounds good and is easy to type.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Be honest, you made the offer b/c he comes with winning HFNHL play-off experience and you're hoping some of it will rub off :naughty:

Yeah, his new team mates will just love staring that ring.:cry:

But the fact he dabbled as the checking line center on the Stanley Cup champs, yeah, that helped.

Man, it hurts to be reminded of that, though. :rant:

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS*
*previously in the HFNHL

Martin Brodeur 4 x 8,000,000 Montreal
Todd Bertuzzi 2 x 5,000,000 Wasington
Ron Hainsey 4 x 5,000,000 New York Rangers
Johnny Oduya 4 x 4,300,000 Toronto
Karlis Skrastins 2 x 3,200,000 Winnipeg ~~
Steve Sullivan 1 x 3,000,000 Boston
Marco Sturm 2 x 2,800,000 Florida
Radek Dvorak 2 x 2,600,000 Winnipeg
Brian Boucher 4 x 2,000,000 Tampa Bay
Mathieu Garon 1 x 2,000,000 Chicago
Daymond Langkow 2 x 2,000,000 Chicago
Brent Johnson 4 x 2,000,000 Phoenix
Nikolai Khabibulin 2 x 2,000,000 Edmonton
Ian Laperiere 1 x 1,900,000 Tampa Bay
Sean Avery 3 x 1,800,000 St.Louis
Pascal Leclaire 4 x 1,750,000 Carolina
Craig Adams 4 x 1,750,000 Toronto
Jay McKee 4 x 1,500,000 Tampa Bay
Mark Recchi 4 x 1,500,000 Toronto **
Jeff Deslauriers 4 x 1,400,000 Vancouver
Ty Conklin 4 x 1,250,000 Vancouver
Jamal Myers 4 x 1,250,000 Phoenix
Nick Boynton 1 x 1,250,000 Florida
Craig Rivet 4 x 1,200,000 Vancouver
Linus Klasen 2 x 1,200,000 Los Angeles ~~
Boris Valabik 3 x 1,100,000 Winnipeg
Ryan Johnson 1 x 1,100,000 Detroit
Todd White 1 x 1,000,000 Vancouver
Marc-Antoine Pouliot 4 x 1,000,000 New Jersey
Mike Modano 2 x 1,000,000 Buffalo
Brett Carson 3 x 950,000 Washington ***
Jarko Ruutu 2 x 900,000 Carolina
Alexandre Giroux 3 x 850,000 Washington
Brad Lukowich 4 x 850,000 Toronto
Steve Begin 1 x 800,000 Tampa Bay
Troy Brodie 1 x 800,000 Montreal
Tim Kennedy 2 x 750,000 Ottawa
Jordan Henry 2 x 750,000 Los Angeles
Brett Sterling 2 x 750,000 Florida
Matt Climie 3 x 700,000 Buffalo
Steven Zalewski 1 x 700,000 Montreal
Josh Hennessy 3 x 700,000 Edmonton
Tyler Sloan 1 x 666,000 Ottawa
Wade Redden 1 x 650,000 Tampa Bay
Andrew Ebbett 1 x 650,000 Tampa Bay
Brock Trotter 1 x 650,000 Philadelphia
Eric Godard 4 x 600,000 Tampa Bay
Milan Kytnar 1 x 600,000 Minnesota
Cam McIntyre 2 x 600,000 Chicago
Fabian Brunnstrom 1 x 500,000 New York Rangers
Trevor Bruess 3 x 500,000 Edmonton
Jason Strudwick 2 x 500,000 Edmonton

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Please Note: Teams holding the rights to these RFA's MUST REPLY (via email to SimGod or in this thread) by Saturday, July 16, 2011, @ 7 pm (EST) as to whether they match or not. If there is no response by this deadline then the players rights will be transferred.

Cory Schneider PIT 4 3,500,000 Dallas 1st & 3rd Round Pick
David Clarkson COL 2 1,500,000 Chicago 2nd Round Pick
Ryan Wilson DET 4 1,499,999 Montreal 3rd Round Pick
Eric Nystrom DET 4 1,450,000 St. Louis 3rd Round Pick
Matt Gilroy TOR 3 1,000,000 Washington No Compensation
Jack Hillen NJD 2 1,000,000 Philadelphia No Compensation
Dale Wiese NJD 2 1,000,000 Montreal No Compensation

NOTE: I'm going to be posting in pieces. Please be patient.

~~ Signed in Europe?
** Retired?
***Property of Philadelphia?

no Koivu? Drew, were you saying something?

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
is this list final ? If so can one of the SIM gods email me why aplayer I offered didn't sign with me?

It's not even close Zac. The UDFA's aren't ready yet nor are all the guys going to a second round of bidding. I suspect there might have been a few guys caught up in limbo where the highest offer is actually by somebody that had a different player higher on their priority list that needs resolution first, etc, etc. Lots of news and transactions yet to come.

As Matt said it's going to come in blocks.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
It's not even close Zac. The UDFA's aren't ready yet nor are all the guys going to a second round of bidding. I suspect there might have been a few guys caught up in limbo where the highest offer is actually by somebody that had a different player higher on their priority list, etc, etc. Lots of news and transactions yet to come.

This is all the guys that signed other than the odd undrafted guy that only got one offer. Everyone else is going to lottery undrafted guys or a 2nd round of bidding because bids are real close. So the 2nd round of FA should be just as exciting as the first this year. You should expect to see more rumors and speculation for round 2.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
no Koivu? Drew, were you saying something?

Doesn't mean it's anything more than two teams bidding it out with competing $1 offers :sarcasm:

Then again with the ridiculous offers flying around I wouldn't be surprised if there are 2 teams that offered 4 years @ $8M either. Nobody took me up on the bet though ;)

With these signings, despite personally having made a couple of different offers I thought well above market value, I have to admit it looks like I might be shutout with the exception of Ryan Johnson. There were a couple of offers I made (no not Koivu) I thought would were high enough to have been the winning bid outright. With the exception of Oduya those guys haven't announced a signing yet so maybe I'm still in the bidding but don't know how much further I'd be willing to go.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Correct Bertuzzi is actually a Jet. Also Matt Gilroy shouldn't have signed that RFA contract his QO was actually 2.75 mil or something along those lines so that signing is voided. It would have been nice to have a list of the QO offers ahead of time. Hopefully that Gilroy is the only guy with this problem.

Is this actually right? Gillroy received his QO, which retained his RFA rights, but does that mean he can't be signed for less than $2.75M now on the open market? What happens when no team wants to do that? He's blocked from playing in the HFNHL?

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
This is all the guys that signed other than the odd undrafted guy that only got one offer. Everyone else is going to lottery undrafted guys or a 2nd round of bidding because bids are real close. So the 2nd round of FA should be just as exciting as the first this year. You should expect to see more rumors and speculation for round 2.

Ah that is interesting then ... so even a couple of UDFA's I thought might not be on anyone's list have clearly been offered more (I did not offer max money) by multiple teams. Yikes this is looking like a potential bust FA season for the Wings.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

Do we have an ETA on this info? Not trying to rush, just wondering if I should try to get some work done instead of refreshing this page every 4 minutes.

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
Is this actually right? Gillroy received his QO, which retained his RFA rights, but does that mean he can't be signed for less than $2.75M now on the open market? What happens when no team wants to do that? He's blocked from playing in the HFNHL?

He can sign for less than 2.75 M, but it has to make sense for him to do so. A 4 year contract at 1.0 M, is too low given his QO.

Just so everyone knows. You can still bid on an RFA in round 2 of free agency. This applies to Gilroy, Raymond and others.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I really like the result of my free agency so far. Conklin and Brent Johnson would have cost me more than Garon and Bernier will. Langkow will slot in perfectly on either the 2nd or 3rd line. Most likely 3rd line with Talbot and Dowell.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto

He automatically accepts $2.75M one year QO from Toronto. The QO came in at last minute and the agent didn't have time to counter.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
So he is now off the market? Does that mean that 2 of my 4 bids were on players that shouldn't even have been free agents?

He is still RFA and can accept reasonable offer from any team. If he doesn't receive any reasonable offer than he goes back to Toronto at QO amount or can negotiate a long term deal at a discount rate.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
He automatically accepts $2.75M one year QO from Toronto. The QO came in at last minute and the agent didn't have time to counter.

He is still RFA and can accept reasonable offer from any team. If he doesn't receive any reasonable offer than he goes back to Toronto at QO amount or can negotiate a long term deal at a discount rate.

How is he still an RFA if he automatically accepts his QO?

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
It lists the Kings as having signed Jordan Henry (with the NHL Flames), but I actually bid on Jordan Hendry (who plays for the NHL blackhawks).

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
How is he still an RFA if he automatically accepts his QO?

His QO offer still stands and if he doesn't get any reasonable RFA offers than he can take the QO from Toronto or can negotiate a new contract with Toronto.

Brent Burns Beard