Offered a trade Holtby for Fleury?

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
I'm a caps fan so naturally I would want Holtby, but I have had Fleury the past few seasons and he has done really well for me.

Naturally, I hate rooting for the pens/Fleury to get wins to help my fantasy team so not sure if I should take this trade. I do think Holtby will bounce back and the caps D has a lot more depth then it has had for 10+ years. Also, not sure how the Pens blue line is looking this year.

Please keep in mind that this is a point value league:
3 points-Assist
5 points-Win
3 points-Shutout
.2 points-save
-1 point for each goal against
.25 points for each PIM

What should I do? Should I trade Fleury away for Holtby? I believe the pens/Fleury will have more wins, but believe Holtby's SV% and GAA will be better than Fleury's.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
It's a points league so it doesn't count GAA or Save %. Grubauer is a threat to take the job. Who's Taking Fleurys job? No one in sight. Do it no question

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Who is your other goalie?

At this point, I agree that Fleury has more value, and i'd probably keep him. With Trotz and his system in Washington, along with the improvements on your blue line, i consider Holtby one of the sleepers this year if you're drafting a goalie late. But i don't see his upside being higher than Fleury.

Plus, with Trotz in town, will Holtby be facing as much shots in his system than they did under Oates? Just another thing to consider.

Good luck with your pool!

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
IMO, Holtby is the better goalie, but Fleury's value is a lot higher.

So I'd ask for Holtby +

And I don't think your trading partner would haggle at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad