OT: Off Topic XXI - It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
@Lucidity Engine you don't receive PMs?

What kind of sound setup do you use when you play games?
I was dicking around with site account settings and probably have it off, my apologies.

Not a setup at all, actually lol. I don't even have an Xbox headset.. let alone a decent one. As far as how I experience the game sound it's just simply through my old decrepit TV.

I just kinda get down casually. Not a lot of stuff I play needs the full immersive stuff. I'm old. XD

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
1000000122.png

Nearly through the Demon Days storyline (at least so far? No idea if it ends with the last release or not.. I'll find out soon though!).

Definitely didn't think I'd ever get back into comics. It's been a really cool experience though.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I was dicking around with site account settings and probably have it off, my apologies.

Not a setup at all, actually lol. I don't even have an Xbox headset.. let alone a decent one. As far as how I experience the game sound it's just simply through my old decrepit TV.

I just kinda get down casually. Not a lot of stuff I play needs the full immersive stuff. I'm old. XD

Ah I see. I was trying to send you a message to ask you a question, but somehow the option to send a private message doesn't pop up.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Man what the heck is going on with the colds or bronchitis or whatever lately? (Not covid) They're brutal.

I've been sick for almost a month and two of those weeks were almost as bad as Covid. I thought I was almost out of the woods even with an annoying nagging cough and now severe vertigo has started settling in. Over a week of antibiotics and it's not down for the count. Non stop meds to the point I can smell and taste it on my breath constantly.

Bleh.

• Wow
Reactions: deleted user

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
@Lucidity Engine basically I was spring cleaning and found some extra Flames swag and a gaming headset and wondered if you'd like to have it. It's literally duplicate stuff that's still really good that I'd like to gift to someone who would appreciate it vs donating it to who knows who that won't appreciate it.

If you're interested, send me a message.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Man what the heck is going on with the colds or bronchitis or whatever lately? (Not covid) They're brutal.

I've been sick for almost a month and two of those weeks were almost as bad as Covid. I thought I was almost out of the woods even with an annoying nagging cough and now severe vertigo has started settling in. Over a week of antibiotics and it's not down for the count. Non stop meds to the point I can smell and taste it on my breath constantly.

Bleh.
Oh that's the RSV, she's a nasty bitch. It's like a cold that goes away, but it doesn't really, then comes back twice as bad.

• Wow
Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Bleh.
Our bodies need to rebuild our immune systems after the Pandemic. With masks, copious amounts of sanitizer... Etc, our body hasn't been getting exposed to the germs we need to maintain our immune systems the way they were before.

Reactions: joescores and Fig

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
@Lucidity Engine basically I was spring cleaning and found some extra Flames swag and a gaming headset and wondered if you'd like to have it. It's literally duplicate stuff that's still really good that I'd like to gift to someone who would appreciate it vs donating it to who knows who that won't appreciate it.

If you're interested, send me a message.
I appreciate that you thought of me being able to utilise it, thank you Fig. I'm good on that front though. There's probably someone out there who will use it way more than I would. It was a really nice thing seeing your gesture today when I came online. Hope you feel better, bud.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

Bleh.
Agreed, new strains. What helped me was to get ill more frequently and my body built a better immune system. This is going back 3 yrs and I am thanking my lil son for picking the germs from nursery biweekly, sharing the goods for a lovely period of time. But it works now- maybe just me, so read with a pinch of salt.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Any of y'all interested in an Astro A30 headset/mixer and Flames WC champ flags?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I might be MIA here soon. My pops has been moved to a palliative care facility and is declining rapidly.... we don't think he'll make it more than a couple weeks.

Mentally I feel I am declining too, it really feels like this was the worst timing for doctors to change my meds and ween me off my SSRIs (antidepressants)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I might be MIA here soon. My pops has been moved to a palliative care facility and is declining rapidly.... we don't think he'll make it more than a couple weeks.

Mentally I feel I am declining too, it really feels like this was the worst timing for doctors to change my meds and ween me off my SSRIs (antidepressants)

Sorry to hear. Wish you the best in this difficult time.

Reactions: Lunatik

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

I know we’ve had our differences over the years. But that sucks. Stay strong dude

Reactions: Lunatik

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Was told this morning Pops has hours... So we're sitting here waiting for the worst to happen

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sorry to hear. Wish you the best in this difficult time.
Thanks Figgy, you're the best. Now finish getting better so no one has to worry about you.
I know we’ve had our differences over the years. But that sucks. Stay strong dude
Thanks man, we may not see eye to eye often, but you've always come across as a decent person which trumps your terrible opinions
Sorry for your loss, man. I'm glad you were able to be there for his final moments and that he was surrounded by loved ones.
Thanks D. Our immediate family (me, my brother, our mom, sister-in-law and nephews spent nearly 12 hours with him yesterday.

My uncle Jim visited for a while, which was big because his wife is super high risk, so he barely goes anywhere because he doesn't want to get her sick.

My Uncle Alvin, Auntie Shirley and cousin Juanita drove back home from Red Deer on shitty highways to see him.

His other 3 siblings couldn't make it, as none are local, his youngest being way up north, his older sister being unable to drive in the dark, and his youngest brother was with his family for his 70th bday. But they all sent messages through Alvin and Shirley.

My nephews though... I'm so proud of those little f***ers. Whenever any one of us got overwhelmed they want around hugging us, especially my mom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad