OT: Off-Topic Thread - Cherish the people who are close to you-Spoiler warning post 612

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
As we head into the Holiday season let me share my weekend with my Bruins Board family.

I spent the weekend with a dear friend who was diagnosed with Stage 3 throat cancer just a few weeks ago. He was operated on at MGH 2 weeks ago and today he starts chemo :cry:

Right now he can not speak but his medical team is hopeful he will in the future.

So he decided he wanted to do a Bruins weekend with 3 other friends of which I was one. We drove to Montreal, enjoyed poutine and smoked meat - went to game at Centre Bell and at least for a few minutes felt good.

880dzA4.jpg

We cried over poutine and Sunday morning headed for Brooklyn.

905930_10207224704748642_340116047990324800_o.jpg

He INSISTED on paying for everything and as hard as we could to contribute he would not allow it. He has already arranged for the four of us to be at the Classic in Foxborough inside the Putnam Club and hopes he will still be with us to enjoy.

To spend 51 hours with a dear friend and only able to communicate by eye rolls and texts was hard but I know my friend was happy we were there.

I guess what I am saying is - without friends and family we are nothing and don't take anything for granted. :)

Last edited:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Best of luck to your friend, life is short so enjoy your life and live every minute.

It is great you get to spend time together as friendship with great people is a blessing.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Here's to the results of that game being much more to your enjoyment, and to him being around for a long, long time! Seems like a great guy, and so do you, Fenway.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Reading up on the last part of the previous thread: I enjoyed the Breaking Bad ending (clearly in minority), and Catastrophe is great. 6 episodes a series is pretty standard for British TV, though, and usually not more than 3-4 seasons tops. I quite like it, seeing as there are about 10 ^ 18 series you "have to watch", and it helps when they aren't 8 seasons long with 25 episodes per... although in some cases there's obviously enough quality material for American-length type series without thinning out or getting too many "filler"-type episodes.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Is this Steve? I wondered how he was doing? I mention him in my meditation prayer. Keep the Faith my man, you are a great friend

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As we head into the Holiday season let me share my weekend with my Bruins Board family.

I spent the weekend with a dear friend who was diagnosed with Stage 3 throat cancer just a few weeks ago. He was operated on at MGH 2 weeks ago and today he starts chemo :cry:

Right now he can not speak but his medical team is hopeful he will in the future.

So he decided he wanted to do a Bruins weekend with 3 other friends of which I was one. We drove to Montreal, enjoyed poutine and smoked meat - went to game at Centre Bell and at least for a few minutes felt good.

880dzA4.jpg

He INSISTED on paying for everything and as hard as we could to contribute he would not allow it. He has already arranged for the four of us to be at the Classic in Foxborough inside the Putnam Club and hopes he will still be with us to enjoy.

To spend 51 hours with a dear friend and only able to communicate by eye rolls and texts was hard but I know my friend was happy we were there.

I guess what I am saying is - without friends and family we are nothing and don't take anything for granted. :)

Great stuff

Stay positive, I have a friend who in May was diagnosed with Stage 4 throat cancer, he underwent all Radiation and Chemo treatments, two weeks ago, he was cancer free, keep the faith

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006

880dzA4.jpg

Great, great post. From the diagnosis to her departure, it took only six weeks to cancer to take my mother away. As you said so well, don't take ANYTHING for granted. You never know what tomorrow is gonna make of...

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

880dzA4.jpg

No truer words have been spoken.

All the best to you and your friend! :nod:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

880dzA4.jpg

Your friend will be in my prayers. Even though it is Stage 3 he can beat it. It will be long & hard but with the love and help of good friends like yourself he can do it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Is this Steve? I wondered how he was doing? I mention him in my meditation prayer. Keep the Faith my man, you are a great friend

Thank You Kovi :)

Best of luck to your buddy Fenway...You are a true friend

Best wishes Fenway.

No truer words have been spoken.

All the best to you and your friend! :nod:

Your friend will be in my prayers. Even though it is Stage 3 he can beat it. It will be long & hard but with the love and help of good friends like yourself he can do it.

Best of luck to your friend, Fenway.

Spend as much time as you can with him. I'm sure it helps keep his spirits up, which is important when fighting such a battle.

Thanks everybody.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
True words, Fenway. We're all given a window of time here, and it's up to us to make the most of it.

Here's hoping your friend comes through his treatment with flying colours.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Leftovers never fails to disappoint.

It's been incredible this season. I was leery of it at first since last season was pretty much the entire book it was based off of, but the direction they've taken it this year has me hooked. The conversation Kevin has with Nora about Patty being there talking to him was crazy and creepy all rolled into one.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
I wish I could have given everybody who wanted to buy my extra WC tickets some tickets, but I can't and now I feel horrible. I should have just sold them on StubHub.

#peoplepleaser #toonice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad