OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Saw him in Providence back in 2000.We were in the balcony. The smoke was so thick by the mid point of the show you could no longer see the stage.

We're on the floor so hopefully the smoke will, in fact, rise. :crossfing

Reactions: Aja

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I've never had a Gansett. What are they like? How do they compare to a Pabst? I like Sierra Nevada.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I've never had a Gansett. What are they like? How do they compare to a Pabst? I like Sierra Nevada.

Its ok. I can drink PBRs all day every day. Gansetts give me a headache the next day. So I usually stick with the PBRs, Belgian ale or india pale ale.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Roger Waters was waaaaaay too political for me. It was like a 2.5 hour political ad about how awful the world is, how awful Trunp is, and basically how awful we are as Americans for letting the world go to shit.

Disappointed is an understatement.

Reactions: Chief Nine

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Roger Waters was waaaaaay too political for me. It was like a 2.5 hour political ad about how awful the world is, how awful Trunp is, and basically how awful we are as Americans for letting the world go to shit.

Disappointed is an understatement.

The fact that it's allowed for entertainers or athletes to hold us hostage while they demonstrate or politicize is total and utter bull**** especially since we pay good money for it. I want my sports and entertainment to be STRESS FREE. That's why I'm there.

Reactions: BMC

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Ugh... Sorry you wasted some hard-earned dinero for that.

Luckily my aunt picked up the tab, so it wasn't my dinero.

Sorry mods, didn't mean to venture down a political path. Just sharing that the show was more politics than entertainment.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
In non-political concert news...

Why are men so creepy?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
because they are men. 40 yo plus concert men may be the creepiest.

Like, I'm very clearly married. For an Irish girl I talk with my hands a lot and have a giant f***ing diamond on my finger. My aunt, who I was with, was talking about my wedding like it happened yesterday, all night long.

You cannot have my phone number. Why you gotta be a creep bro?

Reactions: JRull86

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Like, I'm very clearly married. For an Irish girl I talk with my hands a lot and have a giant ****ing diamond on my finger. My aunt, who I was with, was talking about my wedding like it happened yesterday, all night long.

Men are are very determined as well, and most of us sadly don't respect boundaries a lot of the time. In his demented mind since he didn't see your husband there he may have thought you were not happy. Men are generally idiots. Also, men for the most part are useless. But you also look good girl so he gave it a shot :)

I will say I still need therapy from the Guns and Roses concert and seeing all those 40-50 year old women getting drunk for the first time in probably a decade, wearing (or trying to wear) their daughters clothes. I have never been more hit on, fallen on, spilled beer on in my life.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Men are are very determined as well, and most of us sadly don't respect boundaries a lot of the time. In his demented mind since he didn't see your husband there he may have thought you were not happy. Men are generally idiots. Also, men for the most part are useless. But you also look good girl so he gave it a shot :)

I will say I still need therapy from the Guns and Roses concert and seeing all those 40-50 year old women getting drunk for the first time in probably a decade, wearing (or trying to wear) their daughters clothes. I have never been more hit on, fallen on, spilled beer on in my life.

You say this like it's a bad thing and like you didn't enjoy every second of it...

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Like, I'm very clearly married. For an Irish girl I talk with my hands a lot and have a giant ****ing diamond on my finger. My aunt, who I was with, was talking about my wedding like it happened yesterday, all night long.

In over 1/3 of marriages, one or both partners admit to cheating.

https://www.trustify.info/blog/infidelity-statistics-2017

Given how many people probably cheat, but won't admit it, I'd venture to guess the real number is probably over 50%.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
because they are men. 40 yo plus concert men may be the creepiest.

I beat someone up at a Deftones show in college because they were being a creep and the girl clearly wanted nothing to do with the guy, and he wouldn't leave her alone. I don't let that shit fly.

I'm glad more artists are calling people out in the crowd when they see it happening now too.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I beat someone up at a Deftones show in college because they were being a creep and the girl clearly wanted nothing to do with the guy, and he wouldn't leave her alone. I don't let that shit fly.

I'm glad more artists are calling people out in the crowd when they see it happening now too.

Same happened to me in my early 20's, dude was eyeballing my wife up and down, told him to turn around and he said something I'm sure he regretted when he woke up lol.

My daughter is 24 and says it's pretty bad with geezers at all these young hangouts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad