OT: Off-Topic Thread - Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't unfortunately, but it really seems like this is the route we're going down.

I heard back from the other photographer. They were never paid, and can't get in touch, so naturally never provided the pictures. I am so beyond pissed.

The photographer in good faith should provide you with what you ordered then go after the guy who stiffed them. To basically be able to provide your memories to you and not doing it sucks. I guess I may just be a bleeding heart but if that was me I'd feel terrible.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The photographer in good faith should provide you with what you ordered then go after the guy who stiffed them. To basically be able to provide your memories to you and not doing it sucks. I guess I may just be a bleeding heart but if that was me I'd feel terrible.

Well in their defense, they are out of the country until next week, so it was a very quick FB conversation. We'll see what happens on Monday when they are back. And while I agree with you, I do see both sides of the coin. I honestly wouldn't even mind paying them for the pictures, then roasting the main photographer over the coals.

I'm a nice guy, but don't cross me like this, I'll make your life hell.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well in their defense, they are out of the country until next week, so it was a very quick FB conversation. We'll see what happens on Monday when they are back. And while I agree with you, I do see both sides of the coin. I honestly wouldn't even mind paying them for the pictures, then roasting the main photographer over the coals.

I'm a nice guy, but don't cross me like this, I'll make your life hell.

As well you should. Wedding pictures are something you can't replace. I wish you the best with it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
"Borders on arrogant"? Haha, best not comment.

@sooshii I have said this for years - Montreal is a French Philadelphia.

I have been fascinated by the obsession with language in Quebec for decades.

60 Minutes did this piece almost 20 years ago and really nothing has changed

22446971_1799403520089584_1762321256_n.jpg

Reactions: BMC

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I don't unfortunately, but it really seems like this is the route we're going down.

I heard back from the other photographer. They were never paid, and can't get in touch, so naturally never provided the pictures. I am so beyond pissed.

Unfortunately this happens all--ALL the time in the photography world. I actually know photographers who have been the offenders....they just get lazy and don't process the photos.

Did you sign something or was it all verbal? If you signed something I'd try small claims...or at least Better Business Bureau.
If you didnt sign anything, then you may be out of luck :(

Your best bet it to show up at their door and/or continue to call them.

I don't include wedding photography in my photog business; it can be a high caliber disaster. Plus it is a f***-ton of work before, during and after.
Best of luck.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Also, check in with PayPal--they have rules about businesses holding up their end of the contract. I'm not versed in it, but they have a legal dept. which is.

There are also photography registries where you can write reviews. I'd caution against a social media shaming...use the Boston Wedding page and there are a few others. (I can look them up if you decide to go that way)

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Unfortunately this happens all--ALL the time in the photography world. I actually know photographers who have been the offenders....they just get lazy and don't process the photos.

Did you sign something or was it all verbal? If you signed something I'd try small claims...or at least Better Business Bureau.
If you didnt sign anything, then you may be out of luck :(

Your best bet it to show up at their door and/or continue to call them.

I don't include wedding photography in my photog business; it can be a high caliber disaster. Plus it is a ****-ton of work before, during and after.
Best of luck.

Also, check in with PayPal--they have rules about businesses holding up their end of the contract. I'm not versed in it, but they have a legal dept. which is.

There are also photography registries where you can write reviews. I'd caution against a social media shaming...use the Boston Wedding page and there are a few others. (I can look them up if you decide to go that way)

Unfortunately there was never an actual official signed contract. I never thought twice about it until this all started happening, and went looking for it.

That being said, my wife does have a multitude of emails, texts, and FB messages in which the photographer in question gave us a pdf of their service packages, and she responded with the date, amount, and which package we wanted, so at least there's something.

She was planning on getting in touch with PayPal at some point today since it was her account that we used for payment. I'm not holding my breath though, and honestly, it's not even a money thing. I just want my freaking pictures.

And as for the social media stuff, there's a reason I haven't mentioned a name or gender, because it's just not worth it to slam someone like that, especially if there's a legal route/option going on. Emily hasn't even written a review on any of the wedding related sites yet because of that. Like I said in my PM, she's been in contact with 5 or 6 other brides that this has happened to with the same photographer this year. One who had stellar reviews prior to all of this. The whole situation is just bizarre.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wedding planner from Sandals called yesterday, all is set for the big day in March, just bought our ring/band, all documents mailed to Sandals, airfare and hotel all paid for, love these destination weddings, nuthin to do:)....March 8th can`t come fast enough

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You were the only other person that I could think of that might appreciate this kind of humor LOL...it's def not for everyone.

I assume you've seen it already, but if you haven't, you need to find an available stream of the show The League. Kroll and Jason Mantzoukas from Big Mouth are stars of it and it's hilariously twisted.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass

Saw Bruce on Broadway last night. I don't know if I laughed or cried more, but I sure did a lot of both. Last frickin row of the ~900-seat theater (balcony row 2) but I felt pretty smug about the price being 1/10 of the top-priced seats.

View attachment 79167

Sound like it was good. I would go but i could never justify spending what it would cost on tickets

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017

Saw Bruce on Broadway last night. I don't know if I laughed or cried more, but I sure did a lot of both. Last frickin row of the ~900-seat theater (balcony row 2) but I felt pretty smug about the price being 1/10 of the top-priced seats.

View attachment 79167
I saw Bruce at The Centrum waaaay back on Sept. 4 1984. My ticket was $30.

Reactions: sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad