OT: Off-Topic Thread - 2018 - It's summertime summertime sum sum summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Ahem

o.jpg
The historic plaque - seems a little out of place, but - whoah - pretty interesting history there. Hope it worked out better for you than for some!

• The Desert Inn: The Desert Inn, at Yee Haw Junction on U.S. 441 at Highway 60 is connected with a number of ghost stories. According to “Ghostly Legends and Haunted Folklore,” by Greg Jenkins, Yeehaw Junction started out as a resting stop for cattle drives and a depot for Flagler’s East Coast Railway. The upstairs of the building served as a bordello. After the bordello closed, the inn provided lodging for weary travelers. Over the years, there were many deaths connected to the area including bar fights that turned into shootouts and automobile accident victims who were taken to the inn for shelter and who died before medical help arrived. Incidents include furniture apparently moving by itself, doors opening and closing and the sound of someone pacing upstairs when no one is up there — and the door to the upstairs is padlocked.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
They may have disconnected you to do the repairs elsewhere. I had it happen last time (read: last week).

Of course now that my wife made me get a standby generator, we did not lose power. Well, better safe than sorry.
Nope. Trees did a slow droop onto the lines a few blocks away. That put us into another hotel for the next 24 hours and way behind on the epic journey to Kentucky.

We made it though.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Look outside, beautiful sunshine....birds singing....let the dogs out and it's ****ing 25 degrees. Make it stop, please.
I feel bad. I left for work, and I texted my wife and told her it was sunny out, so she should walk the dog. I "forgot" to tell her it was 20 degrees out.

I'll be in trouble when I get home.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad