OT: Off-Topic, again.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Alice might do that. He is loved in Milwaukee ever since the Wayne's World movie and we are the Nashville affiliate. He comes to Milwaukee almost every year for a concert.

You can see the clip on YouTube for Mill-e-wah-que.
One of my favorite "non game" memories of Bridgestone is Alice singing School's Out on the bandstage with Vince Gill. He was introduced as Vince's golfing buddy. There is a picture that shows on the Jumbotron of him in Predators gold.

Went to the Springsteen concert in Columbus on Monday night. I've been to Ohio two times in the last two weeks, one fewer time than I'd been there in my life, I think. I'm starting to recognize roads and stuff.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
One of my favorite "non game" memories of Bridgestone is Alice singing School's Out on the bandstage with Vince Gill. He was introduced as Vince's golfing buddy. There is a picture that shows on the Jumbotron of him in Predators gold.

Went to the Springsteen concert in Columbus on Monday night. I've been to Ohio two times in the last two weeks, one fewer time than I'd been there in my life, I think. I'm starting to recognize roads and stuff.
You were likely one of the youngest people there.....

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You were likely one of the youngest people there.....
I wish but I was definitely middle of the demographic. I'm not the Springsteen fan (Mr Adz is) though I do like the concerts. Since I don't care what's next on the set list I watched the crowd. Most people there were between 55 and 80. Everyone there save a few kids being brought with their parents or maybe grandparents looked identical: t-shirt or polo covered with plaid shirt, blue jeans, longish hair (now gray or dyed, not particularly shiny) but think we're cool. Observation: walkers do NOT add to the cool factor but canes are permissible except for Hurrycanes) We are not our parents' version of old people (nary a hint of pastel polyester) but we're still old. I found it amusing to see a packed arena full of olds doing all the concert moves we used to do as teens: the above the head clapping, the arm waving, and even smelled the evidence of someone sneaking in a little weed.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I wish but I was definitely middle of the demographic. I'm not the Springsteen fan (Mr Adz is) though I do like the concerts. Since I don't care what's next on the set list I watched the crowd. Most people there were between 55 and 80. Everyone there save a few kids being brought with their parents or maybe grandparents looked identical: t-shirt or polo covered with plaid shirt, blue jeans, longish hair (now gray or dyed, not particularly shiny) but think we're cool. Observation: walkers do NOT add to the cool factor but canes are permissible except for Hurrycanes) We are not our parents' version of old people (nary a hint of pastel polyester) but we're still old. I found it amusing to see a packed arena full of olds doing all the concert moves we used to do as teens: the above the head clapping, the arm waving, and even smelled the evidence of someone sneaking in a little weed.
Oh I was talking bout the state, not the concert.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh I was talking bout the state, not the concert.
Ahem.
trouble.gif

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've been to Ohio two times in the last two weeks, one fewer time than I'd been there in my life, I think. I'm starting to recognize roads and stuff.
Meanwhile I'm almost to the point where I can navigate the I-65/I-40/I-24/I-everything merges and splits without resorting to a GPS. Almost.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I found the state quite attractive and welcoming -- we went to a McDonald's and a White Castle (we are not foodies, ha!) and the workers were just so nice!

My bestie from HS lives outside of Dayton/Kettering so we planned to join him for the eclipse back in 2017 since it was coming near his house. Then we'd planned to go to this concert back in March of 2023 and actually got up there and spent time together before it was canceled. This was my second visit to Nationwide Arena--first time was for a Preds game. I was impressed both times.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I found the state quite attractive and welcoming -- we went to a McDonald's and a White Castle (we are not foodies, ha!) and the workers were just so nice!

My bestie from HS lives outside of Dayton/Kettering so we planned to join him for the eclipse back in 2017 since it was coming near his house. Then we'd planned to go to this concert back in March of 2023 and actually got up there and spent time together before it was canceled. This was my second visit to Nationwide Arena--first time was for a Preds game. I was impressed both times.
White Castle is headquartered here, so it's arguably appropriate; them and Wendy's. Also, glad y'all enjoyed the visits. :)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Speaking of Ohio, and I don't know if its all over the state or just a Tri-State area thing, but they have apparently started selling Heiner's bread here in Tennessee. My wife who grew up in Ironton, OH is happy as she can be.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Is anyone familiar with this "Sky Lounge" place at Bridgestone? I've seen a few references to it recently but no idea what it actually is. Might go scope the area tonight.

"Located on the 4th level outside section 315, will look to provide guests with all-inclusive food and bev options, lounge style seating, and a full-size LED screen so you don't miss any of the action."

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Is anyone familiar with this "Sky Lounge" place at Bridgestone? I've seen a few references to it recently but no idea what it actually is. Might go scope the area tonight.

"Located on the 4th level outside section 315, will look to provide guests with all-inclusive food and bev options, lounge style seating, and a full-size LED screen so you don't miss any of the action."
I know some of the tickets in the fan zone are labled "Smashville Sky Lounge Bundle" and are about $100 more than a regular ticket up there. I think it includes food and beverage from that lounge maybe?? I am sitting in fan zone tonight (but don't have those bundle tickets) so will try to check it out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad