Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season VI: It's no longer the off-season, but the thread isn't done yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
You guys shot first. And your mods proved to be corrupt. You reap what you sow, kiddies.

Are you people even watching the games? He grounds out with runners on like every game.
Trying to change the narrative. Grounding out into double plays, which is what you said he did is not the same as ground outs.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
You claimed that he was grounding into double plays.

Except he isn't? I watch the games but even if I didn't, I wouldn't need to. You can google the proof for goodness sakes.
Don't have to. Seen it in person. But, hey, let's Google anyway...

Yep. He's grounded into 6 during spring training...and he's still routinely grounding out with runners on. Shocker, you guys are wrong. AGAIN.

I just don't understand why so many people are lying. Absolutely gob-smacked, in fact. The facts are there. The video is there. I've called it live, at the moment of happening in the game threads. And he's still grounding out a lot. And getting hits, too. Never said he wouldn't, just wish he'd hit it into the air more. If the right word for this bizarre dismissal of facts in favour of defending a player isn't "fan boy", what is?

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Trying to change the narrative.
Good question. Why are you?

"Grounding out into double plays, which is what you said he did is not the same as ground outs."

And you guys said he hasn't grounded into any double plays this year, but he's in fact grounded into 6 during Spring Training. You guys ignored the whole context to focus on the in-season stat.

So who is trying to twist context, huh? Oh, right, because you guys are so quick, so fast to find any reason to thwart me you'll jump on any chance to prove it. Here's a news flash: maybe, you know, stop always being so snarky? I can be friendly, you know. I don't get (much) snark like this in the Maple Leafs threads. Actually kind of shocking THOSE guys are friendlier than you lot...

Last edited:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Don't have to. Seen it in person. But, hey, let's Google anyway...

Yep. He's grounded into 6 during spring training...and he's still routinely grounding out with runners on. Shocker, you guys are wrong. AGAIN.

I just don't understand why so many people are lying. Absolutely gob-smacked, in fact. The facts are there. The video is there. I've called it live, at the moment of happening in the game threads. And he's still grounding out a lot. And getting hits, too. Never said he wouldn't, just wish he'd hit it into the air more. If the right word for this bizarre dismissal of facts in favour of defending a player isn't "fan boy", what is?
You made that prediction after spring training but ok sure let's pretend spring training matters for your REGULAR SEASON predictions.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
You made that prediction after spring training but ok sure let's pretend spring training matters for your REGULAR SEASON predictions.
No, I've been pointing it out since last August, and again at the beginning of spring training: the league has figured out Vladdy has a tendency to get low quality contact on low and away pitches; thus, the sudden uptick in ground outs. And, oh yeah, he was grounding out a ton during his rookie season.

I also said he's too talented to keep doing this and will likely flirt with the home run record someday. See, this fanboy rage is completely unwarranted. I'm just calling it as I see it. There is no ill will here which is why I don't understand where all this snark is coming from. Again, for the third time: you guys shot first.

I see now you're merely ignorant to the facts, not just lying. Okay, I'll forgive you. Let's get back to the game, shall we?

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
No, I've been pointing it out since last August, and again at the beginning of spring training: the league has figured out Vladdy has a tendency to get low quality contact on low and away pitches; thus, the sudden uptick in ground outs. And, oh yeah, he was grounding out a ton during his rookie season.

I also said he's too talented to keep doing this and will likely flirt with the home run record someday. See, this fanboy rage is completely unwarranted. I'm just calling it as I see it. There is no ill will here which is why I don't understand where all this snark is coming from. Again, for the third time: you guys shot first.

I see now you're merely ignorant to the facts, not just lying. Okay, I'll forgive you. Let's get back to the game, shall we?
For the record, not lying.

Was purely basing it off your prediction post to which you had mentioned to someone else.

That's fine if you are including spring training. That's your prerogative obviously.

I'd hardly call it rage though. At least from my pov. Was partially more confused than anything given he had not GIDP this season (specifically the regular season which is what I assumed you were talking about).

Ultimately we are all Jays fans who want the best for the team so all good. My bad for the confusion.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Good question. Why are you?

"Grounding out into double plays, which is what you said he did is not the same as ground outs."

And you guys said he hasn't grounded into any double plays this year, but he's in fact grounded into 6 during Spring Training. You guys ignored the whole context to focus on the in-season stat.

So who is trying to twist context, huh? Oh, right, because you guys are so quick, so fast to find any reason to thwart me you'll jump on any chance to prove it. Here's a news flash: maybe, you know, stop always being so snarky? I can be friendly, you know. I don't get (much) snark like this in the Maple Leafs threads. Actually kind of shocking THOSE guys are friendlier than you lot...

Vlady has grounded into 0 Double Plays this season. He grounded into 20 last year.

I would put zero context on Spring Training. They literally yanked pitchers in the middle of an inning and put them in the next inning if they felt they were getting taxed.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
goal-post-moving.gif

Reactions: Waveburner

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
lol Someone didn't read my list of predictions. Over generalize, much? See, this is why I generally don't respond to replies around here.

Ryu and Gurriel were bad last season, huh? And Vladdy ISN'T hitting into tons of double plays? Also completely ignores my highlighting of individual performances or the fact plenty of angry fanboys argued against what I said...despite my being completely right by the end of the season.
It’s really annoying how much of a special flower you think you are. You really don’t seem to ever even want to have a general discussion. You just like randomly posting about how smart you are with all kinds of predictions you made to your friends. It’s annoying man.

Reactions: Waveburner and MS

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
You claimed that he was grounding into double plays.

Except he isn't? I watch the games but even if I didn't, I wouldn't need to. You can google the proof for goodness sakes.

Not saying some of your other "predictions" haven't been right, but lets not flaunt that one so far.
I don’t think he knows what it stood for it seems.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Excuse me? My very first few posts at this forum got nothing but a series of troll replies. Meanwhile, all I generally ever do is point out I was right about something, yet the vast majority of the responses I get are pure snark. Am I the "worst poster" because I revealed how immature this forum is and you guys are all angry to hear the truth?

You guys shot first. Fact.

Are you people even watching the games? He grounds out with runners on like every game.

"Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative!"

Why are you lying? Am I the only person watching the games? I've literally pointed it out in game threads the very moment he does it.
I don’t think you know what troll replies are. You came in making all these claims about how smart you are with your “predictions” that you made to your buddies. Nothing that could be proven anywhere. But you came in here like you must be respected because of this incredible knowledge of yours. Maybe it’s not every poster in here that’s the issue. Now here me out in this. Maybe just maybe it’s you.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's scary to imagine how dominant Vladdy is going to be when he hits his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad