Off Season Trade Thread vol. X - He's gone edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I would do naked cartwheels if we somehow ended up with Matt Read in this deal.

tumblr_inline_mx75a81mdW1ry3wkt.gif

VVS

Nov 22, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I can't believe acquiring a $4 million player like Lecavalier hinges on salary being retained. :facepalm:

For a guy well past his prime, with a contract for another 4 years it makes perfect sense.

We would be doing them a favour taking him off their team.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I can see it now:
1. Murray gets $, prospect and Lecavalier for next to nothing
2. Next year Ryan signs in Philly
3. Fuhr craps all over Murray for getting played and allowing Philly to get cap room to sign Ryan.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Lecavalier interest picked up by Flyers media personality (Comcast Sportsnet Insider)...

Tim Panaccio @tpanotchCSN
Lecavalier to OTT? Sens want Flyers 2 pick up salary and want something else for taking him off their hands ... #vinnysagacontinues

Wiercioch + Greening 2nd for Lecavalier 50% off + Read

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm surprised we'd want someone who is over the age of 30 with 4 years left on their contract.

Maybe the salary could be next year and the next one after that equal to his total bonuses left about $2.5M instead of this year. I hope it's Condra who goes to Philly he would cost them less in money back to help their cap this year and also in term he really isn't needed anymore. I still value Greening more he would be easier to trade later if need be.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I can see it now:
1. Murray gets $, prospect and Lecavalier for next to nothing
2. Next year Ryan signs in Philly
3. Fuhr craps all over Murray for getting played and allowing Philly to get cap room to sign Ryan.

:laugh::laugh:

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
The fact that Philly always gets robbed makes me somewhat hopeful for this trade

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Sigh, we always seem to go out and get "big name" guys after losing one of our top players

I think Melnyk believes names like Kovalev and Lecavalier will bring fans to the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad