Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 16th: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
and go.

Also a reminder that Game 4 of the WS will be shown tomorrow at 2pm locally across much of the country (I think it's 1pm PT for BC and obviously the maritimes are going to be a little different in places)

Last edited:

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
What kind of options are available on the market to add to our bullpen?

Jays pursued Grilli and failed so evidently they're willing to add...

Is Frasor still an option for us?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just bought a 15 Game Flex pack. I decided just to go upper deck so 2 tickets to 15 games only cost $240 plus fees. Figure any other game I want to check out, I'll buy on an individual basis and sit closer.

Only thing I'm not thrilled about is that the Home Opener wasn't available in Flex Pack but eh, I'll see if I can get it on an individual basis later.

Also gives me a chance at playoff tickets before the public so that'll come in handy ;)

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
At this point, unless a sweetheart deal comes down the pipe, I wouldn't be against AA waiting to see how the season is playing out before expending any more assets/money. No need to go all in in December when come July a hole surfaces and the ability to acquire that plug to fill the hole is diminished. Hopefully there are internal candidates who will step up that deem filling a perceived hole as unnecessary.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
What about Lyon? Did he sign anywhere yet? I would have loved to have him back.

I would love to bring him back.

I don't want to say that there's uncertainty within the bullpen because there are some quality guys there. But I'm not sold on Brad Lincoln, Luis Perez is coming off an injury and the same with Santos.

So really, what does this bullpen look like??

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
So really, what does this bullpen look like??

It looks like we'll have our usual 2-3 go-to relievers in Janssen, Delabar, and Loup as a loogy. There's lots of depth, and potential in this bullpen, but there's some uncertainty mixed in with that. Having our starters go 6-7-8 innings every game will make it a non issue hopefully. I'm comfortable with what we have. Bullpens are weird animals anyway, hard to predict.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Justice is the only left handed batter in their lineup? Bizarre. I wonder how many are switch.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
for some random reason Jimmy Key was my fav Jay back when I was 10.

He's got interesting arm action coming out of the 2-3 slot. Similar to Loup. Very deceptive. Fun to watch. For whatever reason I didn't remember Key. I was only 5 years old afterall :laugh:, so that probably had something to do with it. The only players I truly remember when I was little were Alomar, Carter and Guzman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad