Red Sox/MLB Off Season III - Tom Werner says ownership’s ‘heart and soul is with the Red Sox,’ and the team is not going to be sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Pretty much, yeah.

Even the ones that like the Red Sox' system.

It's all a bunch of mostly meaningless bullcrap.
100% agree. Send me a ranking that has the Red Sox #1 or dead last. I honestly don't care. Just do your job and put a winning product on the field. And stop telling us "it's gonna be awesome" because of prospects.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
100% agree. Send me a ranking that has the Red Sox #1 or dead last. I honestly don't care. Just do your job and put a winning product on the field. And stop telling us "it's gonna be awesome" because of prospects.

Lol….. Your constant postings in here on the subject says otherwise.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
All of this just keeps showing that it is all subjective and does not prove anyone's stance.
Agreed. I think you can look at trends and consensus and get encouraged or discouraged, but let's not read too much into whether they're 9th or 11th or 14th or 17th or 23rd.

Nah, I think it's fine for a team to tell their fans that they're really excited about what they think is going on in their minor league system.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Nah, I think it's fine for a team to tell their fans that they're really excited about what they think is going on in their minor league system.
When would a team tell their fans that their system isn't good? It doesn't mean anything.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much, yeah.

Even the ones that like the Red Sox' system.

It's all a bunch of mostly meaningless bullcrap.
Yes

The ratings are whatever but the actual content is very good in the Law Athletic piece

It’s got lots of good info about prospects all over I’m not flushing it because I don’t like 23

Bloom plan to moi is he projects third base (Devers) SS (Mayer) and first base (Casas) in a good place - and drafted three times and focused on middle infield with second on radar

Story was in bottom 10 % (8) last season in arm strength after a precipitous drop last two seasons in Colorado where he dropped under 20% league average

That’s bad and why he was out there

However the other side of the coin he graded range wise getting to balls and making plays between 92-99% with Red Sox, his sprint speed was outstanding and his hard hit rate last 3 years is high end

He’s an athlete

Cora said what they know he hopes to be back in July

Add the 2 OF prospects as high as 74 on one of the Big 3 prospects rankings that’s good

Yoshida who knows but fangraphs loves him and Casas played against him said he was most impressive and US worried about him more than Suzuki who signed with Cubs

Cora said Greg Soto played in Japan and raved about his bat to ball skills - he’s legit

Storylines are there if you like the Red Sox and prospects - some here to compete some close

Mayer should be in Portland

The pitching is a concern but Houck Bello & Whitlock all young will be surrounded by 3 vets who have won or received Cy Young votes who Cora says are all showing good signs

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
LMFAO. Your multiple posts the last few pages say otherwise, dude.
You really struggle with this. I was mocking the "top system" narrative. I personally don't care where the system is ranked. I want the GM to start doing his job and win games.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Keith Law is probably spot on with his rankings. Have to remember hes not heavily invested in any narrative and doesn't read this board

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Keith Law is probably spot on with his rankings. Have to remember hes not heavily invested in any narrative and doesn't read this board
Yes Keith law is spot on and literally everybody else is wrong, good and unexpected take from you

Ppl can keep poo-pooing the idea of having a strong farm if they want, that’s how they ended up winning their last WS and having the best Sox team in history whether they like it or not

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ppl can keep poo-pooing the idea of having a strong farm if they want, that’s how they ended up winning their last WS and having the best Sox team in history whether they like it or not
Nobody is against have a strong farm system. You just also need to be better than last place finishes while you continue to build it up. You don't get a pass on the major league results. And also don't tell us it's a top system when it isn't. Maybe Keith Law is wrong but it's still not a top system.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How true.

How many highly rated prospects have we seen in the last few years play in Boston and absolutely suck?
None ?

Moncada hasn’t lived up to ranking

Downs hit the 50’s with LA

Going by Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, MLB Network which has Calloa Mayo etc ….ESPN

Law works for Athletic he’s basically Pronman

MLB uses 3 above to determine rankings for a draft pick award if teams put player on opening day roster and they win an Award

Off top of head can’t think of a top 25 Sox prospect bottoming out but gotta be ? Right ?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sox prospects who made mlb top 25 out of 100 annual list since 2014

Bogaerts 2nd overall
Henry Owens 19th overall

Moncada 7th overall
Devers 17 O/A

Benintendi 1st O/A
Moncada 2nd O/A
Devers 13 O/A
Kopech 16 O/A
Margot 23 O/A

Sox were number 1 prospect team and Dombrowski traded Moncada & Kopech for Sale - and 4 prospects including Margot for Kimbrell

Kopech 10th (CWS property)

2019-2021

No top 25 prospects

Mayer 7
Casas 25

Mayer 9
Casas 23

Betts was 62 in 2014 but jumped to Boston after that insane start in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events