Off-Season Discussion 2023

"Significant Changes" for the Preds this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
2C22D2FC-27B2-42F4-B389-7EEAFF3FFC01.jpeg

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Trade Ryan McD. Trade Saros.

You can keep Josi and forsberg. Go full rebuild otherwise.

It honestly makes no sense to do otherwise at this situation unless you are acquiring a skilled forward via trade.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Trade Ryan McD. Trade Saros.

You can keep Josi and forsberg. Go full rebuild otherwise.

It honestly makes no sense to do otherwise at this situation unless you are acquiring a skilled forward via trade.
Trotz loves everything about McD, he’s made that very clear in his interviews. McD is the kind of player Trotz wants around to help mentor and mold the young players.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Trotz loves everything about McD, he’s made that very clear in his interviews. McD is the kind of player Trotz wants around to help mentor and mold the young players.
Ekholm is too. We traded him for a ransom. McD is in a different situation, I get it. I also like him as a player and prefer to keep him, but not if we are rebuilding.

If you are going to buy out our 1st/2nd best forward, with tons of cap room, then you are signaling rebuild. IF you are going half measures after that, extremely flawed judgement.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Ekholm is too. We traded him for a ransom. McD is in a different situation, I get it. I also like him as a player and prefer to keep him, but not if we are rebuilding.

If you are going to buy out our 1st/2nd best forward, with tons of cap room, then you are signaling rebuild. IF you are going half measures after that, extremely flawed judgement.
Buying out Duchene is a culture move nothing more, nothing less

Reactions: Scoresberg

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
With Trotz cleaning house and clearly going for a youth movement I wonder what Josi's reaction will be? He turned 33 last month. Clearly the Preds aren't planning on competing for cups the next few seasons. Will Josi want out to go somewhere where he gets a chance at a cup or does he fancy captaining a team he spent his whole career with until retirement?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Best case scenario, where does our contending window start? I'd like to see a few perspectives.
Better asked after tomorrow or the few days after probably. As stands, with no further major additions or subtractions...I'm not seeing a natural progression to one. If all our young guys pan out and keep developing, the point at which they could make us a contender coincides with Josi and McDonagh being done.

I have to think there are more moves coming. If we have traded off/bought out what we have over the last 6-12 months+, but are not moving Saros, Trotz is actually keeping us right in the mushy middle.

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
So who the heck is going to be the whipping boy this upcoming season????
1. Forsberg. He’s the only forward who isn’t on an unpaid internship, so he will be blamed for every foul smell in the greater southeast US. “Forsberg underwhelming” needs to just be moved to the free space on the bingo cards. He’s screwed.

2. McDonagh. He’s like 52. At some point we are going to be contractually obliged to start calling him slow.

3. Glass and Novak and Tomasino. Evangelista and Parssinen are still pretty young, but Glass and Tomo have enough games that about halfway through the season we realize they aren’t prospects anymore, and this is just who they are. And Novak is like 27. I plan to get ahead of the curve and start hating on them about Christmas.

4. Carrier and Fabbro have always been lightning rods. Why stop now just because the whole team is bad?

5. Anyone on the fourth line is always fair game. I mean, if they could handle and shoot they’d be higher up the lineup, right? Smith and Sissons are presumably in trouble here, no matter how well they play.

6. Third line is usually exempt if it’s prospects, but on the hot seat if it’s veterans.

Hope that helps!

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
1. Forsberg. He’s the only forward who isn’t on an unpaid internship, so he will be blamed for every foul smell in the greater southeast US. “Forsberg underwhelming” needs to just be moved to the free space on the bingo cards. He’s screwed.

2. McDonagh. He’s like 52. At some point we are going to be contractually obliged to start calling him slow.

3. Glass and Novak and Tomasino. Evangelista and Parssinen are still pretty young, but Glass and Tomo have enough games that about halfway through the season we realize they aren’t prospects anymore, and this is just who they are. And Novak is like 27. I plan to get ahead of the curve and start hating on them about Christmas.

4. Carrier and Fabbro have always been lightning rods. Why stop now just because the whole team is bad?

5. Anyone on the fourth line is always fair game. I mean, if they could handle and shoot they’d be higher up the lineup, right? Smith and Sissons are presumably in trouble here, no matter how well they play.

6. Third line is usually exempt if it’s prospects, but on the hot seat if it’s veterans.

Hope that helps!
You forgot Brunette. As in, "I told you we should have hired Karl Taylor instead of Brunette."

Reactions: Edgework

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If they added a pick to that I could get on board. They either need to find a package they like or work out something for a targeted player they like and I suppose that could be Byfield.
I know they are looking for solid 4th line types as well so would add in Trenin if they were willing for it to be a more neutral cap exchange...and would definitely then expect an extra piece of at least moderate value.

Then you go with Lankinen/Askarov and see what the kid can do.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I know they are looking for solid 4th line types as well so would add in Trenin if they were willing for it to be a more neutral cap exchange...and would definitely then expect an extra piece of at least moderate value.

Then you go with Lankinen/Askarov and see what the kid can do.
I'd rather go Lankinen and replacement level back up. I think Askarov needs full games in Milwaukee and then you can start a transition next year depending on how he's developed. He needs to mature in his decision making. He plays to fast and reckless at this stage.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'd rather go Lankinen and replacement level back up. I think Askarov needs full games in Milwaukee and then you can start a transition next year depending on how he's developed. He needs to mature in his decision making. He plays to fast and reckless at this stage.
Well, we could sign another Dave Rittich (or Lankinen I suppose) type that we could always shove off to the AHL if Askarov looks ready to play at the NHL level.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Better asked after tomorrow or the few days after probably. As stands, with no further major additions or subtractions...I'm not seeing a natural progression to one. If all our young guys pan out and keep developing, the point at which they could make us a contender coincides with Josi and McDonagh being done.

I have to think there are more moves coming. If we have traded off/bought out what we have over the last 6-12 months+, but are not moving Saros, Trotz is actually keeping us right in the mushy middle.
My confidence that Trotz can blow a nice hole in the bottom of the ship continues to increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad