Off-Season Discussion 2023

"Significant Changes" for the Preds this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
images.jpg

Reactions: Preds Partisan

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
1. Forsberg. He’s the only forward who isn’t on an unpaid internship, so he will be blamed for every foul smell in the greater southeast US. “Forsberg underwhelming” needs to just be moved to the free space on the bingo cards. He’s screwed.

2. McDonagh. He’s like 52. At some point we are going to be contractually obliged to start calling him slow.

3. Glass and Novak and Tomasino. Evangelista and Parssinen are still pretty young, but Glass and Tomo have enough games that about halfway through the season we realize they aren’t prospects anymore, and this is just who they are. And Novak is like 27. I plan to get ahead of the curve and start hating on them about Christmas.

4. Carrier and Fabbro have always been lightning rods. Why stop now just because the whole team is bad?

5. Anyone on the fourth line is always fair game. I mean, if they could handle and shoot they’d be higher up the lineup, right? Smith and Sissons are presumably in trouble here, no matter how well they play.

6. Third line is usually exempt if it’s prospects, but on the hot seat if it’s veterans.

Hope that helps!
This is the kind of outstanding analysis that keeps me coming back to this forum!!! Job well done

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We better not give out a stupid contract in UFA.
I think in our situation "stupidity" is tied mostly to "term". We can afford pretty much anything. And Trotz's philosophy seems to be steering in the direction of keeping term short, so that players stay hungry and don't get complacent.

Of course, the worst contracts on UFA Frenzy day are usually dumb money and dumb term. I don't expect any of those, whether from UFAs or trades.

But we might sign a "culture" player to a shorter term deal that still has some pretty high-looking $$$? I hope that's the case anyway.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think in our situation "stupidity" is tied mostly to "term". We can afford pretty much anything. And Trotz's philosophy seems to be steering in the direction of keeping term short, so that players stay hungry and don't get complacent.

Of course, the worst contracts on UFA Frenzy day are usually dumb money and dumb term. I don't expect any of those, whether from UFAs or trades.

But we might sign a "culture" player to a shorter term deal that still has some pretty high-looking $$$? I hope that's the case anyway.
Expensive buyout in the name of "giving our young players opportunities" then blocking their opportunities with a UFA would be stupid to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad