Player Discussion: Oddset Hockey Games

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Squad will be named next week i think. What players do you guys want to see? Any players from WJC have a chance?

My take.

Carl Söderberg
Calle Järnkrok
Christian Berglund
Fredrik Pettersson
Marcus Nilson
Martin Thörnberg
Jesper Fasth
Joakim Lindström
Jimmie Ericsson
Joel Lundqvist
Simon Hjalmarsson
Oscar Lindberg
Samuel PÃ¥hlsson

Staffan Kronwall
Daniel Fernholm
Mattias Bäckman
Mattias Karlsson
Magnus Nygren
Tobias Viklund
David Petrasek

Pretty hard to choose defencemen.

Goalies...?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Don't want Lindström, he's had enough chances at this level to prove something.

I want to say no thanks to those defensemen aswell, but we're really out of choices. Fantenberg is possible, I guess.

Thörnberg-Söderberg-Arlbrandt
Järnkrok-Mårtensson-Fasth
Lindberg-Lundqvist-Pettersson
Rasmussen-PÃ¥hlsson-Ericsson

Kronwall-Bäckman
Meh

Wesslau
Gustafsson

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lindström
Pettersson
Lindberg
Söderberg
Fasth
Järnkrok
Lundqvist
Ericsson
Ã…slund
Persson
Danielsson
Thörnberg
Andersson
Omark (doubtful, hamstring)

Bäckman
Karlsson
Ahnelöv
Viklund
Jonsson
Fransson
Burström

Gustafsson
Eriksson

Reserves mentioned: Hjalmarsson, Arlbrandt, D. Gunnarsson, Erixon, Nygren, Wesslau.

Kronwall gets a break.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Want these lines.

Thörnberg - Persson - Andersson
Arlbrant - Söderberg - Hjalmarsson
Ericsson - Lindberg - Fasth
Rasmussen - Lundqvist - Pettersson

Extra: Ã…slund and Paulsson.

Fransson - Ahnelöv
Nygren - Bäckman
Viklund - Skogs

Extra: Burström.

Gustavsson (2 games)
Eriksson (1 game)

Last edited:

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping
I can't believe Mårts keeps giving Lindström and Ericsson chances, they were disastrous (especially Ericsson, I felt so bad for Söderberg having to play with him, Ericsson just ruined everything!) at Channel One... It's pretty obvious that Mårts has his favorites *cough* Viklund *cough*.

Too bad Engstrand didn't get a chance, he's statistically the best Swedish goalie in the SEL right now, and has been amazing since he came back from his knee injury. Oh well, hopefully he'll get a shot some time soon! :)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
MÃ¥rts was talking about having more guys for specific roles this time. I struggle to find those on defense. We needed a right-handed PP shot or two, and then he doesn't bring Nygren :facepalm: There's not enough puck movement on this blueline.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
I can't believe Mårts keeps giving Lindström and Ericsson chances, they were disastrous (especially Ericsson, I felt so bad for Söderberg having to play with him, Ericsson just ruined everything!) at Channel One... It's pretty obvious that Mårts has his favorites *cough* Viklund *cough*.

Too bad Engstrand didn't get a chance, he's statistically the best Swedish goalie in the SEL right now, and has been amazing since he came back from his knee injury. Oh well, hopefully he'll get a shot some time soon! :)

He's ahead in save%. The other two are ahead in GAA. But it's so close that there really is no difference to talk about.... they all have a save% of 93- something and a GAA bellow 2.00. That's for the whole season of course.

There doesn't appear to be alot of d-men to pick from right now. But we stil shouldn't have a d-man with a +/- of -18 on the team (and for the record, that's the worst number in the SEL!).

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
I can't believe Mårts keeps giving Lindström and Ericsson chances, they were disastrous (especially Ericsson, I felt so bad for Söderberg having to play with him, Ericsson just ruined everything!) at Channel One...
Ericsson had just made a comeback from his injury and basically played one game. ;) Though I do think he should be used on the fourth line and on the PK in the national team like in 10/11.

Apparently this is the first time since the 1950's that there's been 5 Skellefteå-players at the same time in Tre Kronor.
Sadly those selected have all been pretty invisible so far in 2013. :laugh:

Last edited:

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping
Ericsson had just made a comeback from his injury and basically played one game. ;) Though I do think he should be used on the fourth line and on the PK in the national team like in 10/11.

What kind of injury? Had his hockey sense fallen off? Because he was completely lost out there.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
What kind of injury? Had his hockey sense fallen off? Because he was completely lost out there.
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/elitserien/skellefteastjarnans-kamp-mot-klockan/
Please don't mock a guy who played for the sake of my team even though he sometimes was in too much pain to even celebrate a goal. :)
He probably couldn't care less about Tre Kronor though, they should select guys like Möller who has set up a personal goal this year is to earn a spot in TK (though maybe not now as he just came back from an injury as well. ;))

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/elitserien/skellefteastjarnans-kamp-mot-klockan/
Please don't mock a guy who played for the sake of my team even though he sometimes was in too much pain to even celebrate a goal. :)
He probably couldn't care less about Tre Kronor though, they should select guys like Möller who has set up a personal goal this year is to earn a spot in TK (though maybe not now as he just came back from an injury as well. ;))

Oh, everyone who has ever been associated with Vita Pästen deserves to be mocked :p Seriously though, if he was coming back from an injury, he should have thought twice about accepting a spot on the team. I mean, how did he think he would contribute in that shape?
I agree with what you're saying though, those who aren't 100% psyched and grateful for getting to play on the national team should stay the hell away from it and let those with enough passion and will to do it take their spot (like Hävelid and Johansson did, for example).

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Oh, everyone who has ever been associated with Vita Pästen deserves to be mocked :p Seriously though, if he was coming back from an injury, he should have thought twice about accepting a spot on the team. I mean, how did he think he would contribute in that shape?
I agree with what you're saying though, those who aren't 100% psyched and grateful for getting to play on the national team should stay the hell away from it and let those with enough passion and will to do it take their spot (like Hävelid and Johansson did, for example).
Playing with Tre Kronor is far less exhausting than Stefan Thomsons workouts during breaks. ;)
Nah, Jimmie has his eyes set on the SM-gold nowadays and might not value the national team as high as he once did, but he's not one to turn down a spot so easily. As that's what he had to do the entire last season he probably felt he couldn't say no yet again once he finally started playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad