GDT: Oct. 7th: Canucks @ Flames [8:00pm - Sportsnet]

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
On a positive note it will be EXTREMELY difficult to have a worse performance than last night for the remaining 81 games... Get the biggest stinker out of the way early..

What an absolutely dreadful showing. That is the worst hockey I have seen this group play in the past two years combined.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This was the first time in years I turned off a Flames game before it ended. Shocking stuff.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I didn't get to watch the third period but it seemed that defenders realize that the only thing they can do to contain JG is to hook, grab, slash, and cross check. That said, he still got a point.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
As an impartial observer, I thought the Flames just looked like they were trying to be too cute, do too much and were forcing plays. They just need to settle down and tune out the hype and expectations.

As a partial observer (that sounds weird), I completely agree with this. I think Hamilton was especially guilty of trying to do too much.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
On a positive note it will be EXTREMELY difficult to have a worse performance than last night for the remaining 81 games... Get the biggest stinker out of the way early..

What an absolutely dreadful showing. That is the worst hockey I have seen this group play in the past two years combined.

I don't know, I felt game 1 Round 2 was worse... but that was also against a much better team.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
We were all watching the same game, though. Backlund and Frolik were probably our most assertive forwards in the first period.
Yeah I commented specifically on then as a pair of players. If our depth improves over time they could make up the best 3rd line in the league.

In any case I thought they were the least of our problems that game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Haha imagine the suffering if the Nucks whooped the Flames twice in three nights to open the season.

I'm actually worried about it. We haven't actually seen the team play good hockey yet throughout the pre-season. I don't know how realistic it would be for them to just flip a switch between Wednesday and tomorrow.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm actually worried about it. We haven't actually seen the team play good hockey yet throughout the pre-season. I don't know how realistic it would be for them to just flip a switch between Wednesday and tomorrow.

Or perhaps just new batteries? :laugh:

Bob Hartley:
“Last night, our GPS ran out of battery. We were all over the place. Our structure went out the door after 10 minutes.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

To make matters worse after that we play a powerhouse Blues team and a physical Winnipeg team.

We could very easily start the season 0-0-4.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
To make matters worse after that we play a powerhouse Blues team and a physical Winnipeg team.

We could very easily start the season 0-0-4.

My friend offered me a sweetheart deal for good tickets to the Blues game... I said no because we went 0-3 against them last year and played horribly in each of those games. :laugh: :(

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
My friend offered me a sweetheart deal for good tickets to the Blues game... I said no because we went 0-3 against them last year and played horribly in each of those games. :laugh: :(

Awesome! Calgary will probably run a train on StL then.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad