Observations XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wonder what the schedule will be like? Assuming we play the other 7 teams in our division 8 times each... 4 home and 4 away... but will they do the games in blocks to cut down on travel and interactions and all that? All that and then playoffs within the division afterwards could be pretty intense. I wonder if a few players like Olivier and Lewington stand better chances of making the taxi squad than they otherwise might have, due to the anticipated wars?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Chris Johnston is saying the teams will be required to carry at least 3 goalies at all times between the regular roster and taxi squad.

IMO if there is no AHL season, we carry Connor Ingram on the TS and get him the practice time and possible games in case of injury/illness.

However, if there is an AHL season, we carry Kasimir Kaskisuo on the TS and let Ingram get the starters load in Milwaukee.

Reactions: Scoresberg

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Chris Johnston is saying the teams will be required to carry at least 3 goalies at all times between the regular roster and taxi squad.

IMO if there is no AHL season, we carry Connor Ingram on the TS and get him the practice time and possible games in case of injury/illness.

However, if there is an AHL season, we carry Kasimir Kaskisuo on the TS and let Ingram get the starters load in Milwaukee.
Agreed. If there is an AHL season, he needs to be playing and getting lots of starts. If not, it’s best that he practices with the team with the occasional start

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
We lose playing St. Louis and Minnesota and pick back up up Columbus and Detroit. Wow, St. Louis and Chicago will not get to play each other. That is one crazy looking map of Divisions unless you are in the East. Everyone else is screwed travel wise. Well hey, Hockey is back and that is all that matters!!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I would love this. Canadian teams would be time zone screwed but I kind of feel like Bruce Willis on this. Welcome to the party, pal!

It's pie in the sky stuff, but honestly for Canadians, keeping an all-Canada division and dealing with the time zones and travel might be worth it to have a guaranteed spot in the conference finals every season and an easier path to the Cup.

Reactions: bdub24 and LCPreds

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
St. Louis is geographically the closest to us of anybody. So it's weird and sad that they aren't in our division. I am thinking I'd actually rather have them than Dallas, say. They lost Pietrangelo and won't have Tarasenko. Keeping St.Louis wouldn't have been as bad as most people might be thinking.

Reactions: triggrman

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
We lose playing St. Louis and Minnesota and pick back up up Columbus and Detroit. Wow, St. Louis and Chicago will not get to play each other. That is one crazy looking map of Divisions unless you are in the East. Everyone else is screwed travel wise. Well hey, Hockey is back and that is all that matters!!

Zero games against St Louis, Minnesota and Winnipeg. Going to be very strange

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
No 9 or 930 starts will be a nice bonus. I think the divisions worked out about as well as possible for the Preds. I could see us finishing anywhere from 2nd to 7th in that division...

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Ep2enq-XcAELbfQ

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Plus Dallas will have 5,000 fans in the building cheering them on? Well, it's probably not really a factor. But a slightly different dynamic than some of the empty buildings. If it goes ahead like that, anyway.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
It's pie in the sky stuff, but honestly for Canadians, keeping an all-Canada division and dealing with the time zones and travel might be worth it to have a guaranteed spot in the conference finals every season and an easier path to the Cup.
Yeah since that is what they all got used to.... most of those banners are older than me in those Canadian rafters. More NHL welfare for Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad