Observations XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Maybe I missed it at some point but did we ever get clarification on what Salo's injury actually was?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe I missed it at some point but did we ever get clarification on what Salo's injury actually was?

Somebody posted a story from a Euro publication I believe that said he had some sort of leg infection unrelated to the original injury which was a hand or something? That's what I remember anyway. Also, something happened on his original conditioning stint.

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
Somebody posted a story from a Euro publication I believe that said he had some sort of leg infection unrelated to the original injury which was a hand or something? That's what I remember anyway. Also, something happened on his original conditioning stint.

Ah, thanks for the info. I know he injured his hand in one of the first games of the season and then had another injury in Milwaukee. It seemed extremely odd that he was out for so long if it wasn't a concussion but I guess an infection could explain it. I would say it seems weird we got nothing from the preds organization if it wasn't for the fact that past history says they would hide a player's hangnail if they could. Even still, why not disclose this at some point. It makes no sense.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He might not play first but they wouldn't have called him up if he wasn't playing. Also, Lavy has sat Fids so he can do that to Cody. No way he sits Watson who's been the best player on the 4th line all the time, kills penalties and is out on the ice protecting the lead in the last minute.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He might not play first but they wouldn't have called him up if he wasn't playing. Also, Lavy has sat Fids so he can do that to Cody. No way he sits Watson who's been the best player on the 4th line all the time, kills penalties and is out on the ice protecting the lead in the last minute.

actually with the roster limits gone they can call him up and let him sit. he couldn't stay in Milwaukee for more then a rehab assignment without being subject to waivers

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Mikka and Cody centered by Austin - who wants to play against that line? Plus, if Mikka has his legs it's another decent PKer - which aside from ours sucking right now Lavy has been trying to limit Fish's time on there and that would help, cause Fids just doesn't have it anymore. Plus, be good to know if Austin can handle some C minutes so if PA shows some spark Lavy could move Smith down to the 4th in the POs.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Mikka and Cody centered by Austin - who wants to play against that line? Plus, if Mikka has his legs it's another decent PKer - which aside from ours sucking right now Lavy has been trying to limit Fish's time on there and that would help, cause Fids just doesn't have it anymore. Plus, be good to know if Austin can handle some C minutes so if PA shows some spark Lavy could move Smith down to the 4th in the POs.

at this point, Watson is not a center. One of those 3 need to sit.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Salo-Sissons-Watson isn't exactly a delight for the opponents. But is that enough? Do they have the talent to not get hemmed in their own zone?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Looks like Salomaki will be scratched tonight as I expected. I do wish Fiala would be put in for Smith.

It should also be noted that Salomaki is still on IR.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Looks like Salomaki will be scratched tonight as I expected. I do wish Fiala would be put in for Smith.

It should also be noted that Salomaki is still on IR.

Yeah, I'd probably bump Smith down to the fourth line to play with Sissons and Watson, then play Fiala at left wing with Fisher and Parenteau. If you have a game where you need another banger in the lineup (and to be fair, the Jets are probably a team where you want that) then you slide McLeod back in and scratch Smith or Fiala.

But then, if I knew what I was talking about, I'd be getting paid to coach hockey, right? :D

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
FYI. Everytime I see you post, I think it's Drake due to that avatar. LOL. I have gotten mixed up in numerous threads.
I've seen him post a few times and thought for a second "I didn't post this." or wondered why I have a Finland flag.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I remember Drake having Subban there but was it the same picture? My apologies if it is the same picture, didn't realize that.

Joshua, Smith has been tried to get going for the past 60 games. The only thing left would be to try him on the 4th line where he again could get it going.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser

Fiddler is hurt and the only left-handed center we have for the PK.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If only thing he can do is win faceoffs he doesn't belong to ice. Having both right-, and left-handed guys to win faceoffs is overrated. The Pens and the Sharks had only left-handed C's when they were in the SC's. Minny has only left-handed C's. So does Chicago.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I remember Drake having Subban there but was it the same picture? My apologies if it is the same picture, didn't realize that.

Joshua, Smith has been tried to get going for the past 60 games. The only thing left would be to try him on the 4th line where he again could get it going.
It's the same picture but no big deal. Great minds.

Last edited:

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Freaking PA on the 2nd line while Fiala sits. :shakehead :shakehead

I'd consider the PAP-Fisher-Smith line the third line. Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson are unquestionably the first line, and I think after that the Wilson-Jarnkrok-Neal line is the next biggest scoring threat.

Last edited:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'd consider the PAP-Fiddler-Smith line the third line. Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson are unquestionably the first line, and I think after that the Wilson-Jarnkrok-Neal line is the next biggest scoring threat.

Fiddler has zero business on this roster. He is by far the worst player on the roster. I'd take Ribeiro over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad