OAs for 2023-2024

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Nothing happening in Peterborough yet.......

5 left: Lockhart RW, Simpson G, Gauvreau D, Mayer D, and Dubois C

GM Mike Oke is in a tough spot because he's probably not getting competitive offers on the top guys......Mayer, Simpson, Lockhart.
Top teams probably want to wait and see what they have first and then make deals closer to the deadline to upgrade their OA situation.
Oke has to hope that some team doesn't want to compete in an auction for Mayer or Simpson come deadline time and makes a decent offer now to get the guy they want.
At this point he will have to part with at least one of these 5 guys. by September 28th to get down to 4 OAs and even then can only dress 3 OAs per game up until the deadline.

The Petes will not want an OA in return as part of a trade, so that limits the number of trade partners.
So, who has an open OA spot leading up to September 28th?
Western conference teams would be the preferred trading partners, so I'll list those first.

LONDON
McCue, Max LW

MacKinnon, Ethan D

SSM
D'Intino, Jordan LW
Sirizzotti, Brenden RW

FLINT
Giroux, Zacharie C
Dann, Nolan RW

ERIE
Bressette, Brett LW
Johnston, Owain D

KINGSTON
Holmes, Jacob D
Callens, Maddox LW

BRANTFORD/HAMILTON
Sherk, Lawson C
Drobac, Matteo G

OTTAWA
Beck, Jack LW
Donoso, Max G

GUELPH......will likely upgrade but not likely until the deadline
Hislop, Brayden D

Bowman, Braeden RW
Romeo, Chandler D

KITCHENER
Martin, Mitchell LW
Sop, Matthew LW
Motew, Simon D

SARNIA
Gaudreau, Benjamin G

Sikic, Marko RW
Way, Cooper C

MISSY
Sharpe, Chas D
Del Monte, Ryan C
Schwindt, Kai LW

NIAGARA
Humphrey, Ryan LW

Federkow, Connor D

Sobolev, Daniil D

OSHAWA
Stewart, Thomas D
Rolofs, Stuart LW
Tarasevich, Nikita RW

Some teams have more than 3 OAs and are looking to deal their extra OA, flooding the market a bit.

NORTH BAY
Christopoulos, Paul D
Ertel, Justin LW

Zito, Pasquale C
Arnsby, Liam C

OWEN SOUND
Lawrence, Kaleb LW
Sedley, Sam D
Burroughs, Ethan RW
Goure, Deni C

SAGINAW
Loukus, Dean RW
Mancini, Roberto D
Codd, Davis RW
Hache, Braden D

SUDBURY
Anania, Andre D
Toure, Djibril D
McCallum, Landon RW
Larmand, Ethan C

WINDSOR
Jodoin, James D
Peer, Oliver RW
Maillet, Jacob C
Christopoulos, Alex RW

Reactions: Mata

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Nothing happening in Peterborough yet.......

5 left: Lockhart RW, Simpson G, Gauvreau D, Mayer D, and Dubois C

GM Mike Oke is in a tough spot because he's probably not getting competitive offers on the top guys......Mayer, Simpson, Lockhart.
Top teams probably want to wait and see what they have first and then make deals closer to the deadline to upgrade their OA situation.
Oke has to hope that some team doesn't want to compete in an auction for Mayer or Simpson come deadline time and makes a decent offer now to get the guy they want.
At this point he will have to part with at least one of these 5 guys. by September 28th to get down to 4 OAs and even then can only dress 3 OAs per game up until the deadline.

The Petes will not want an OA in return as part of a trade, so that limits the number of trade partners.
So, who has an open OA spot leading up to September 28th?
Western conference teams would be the preferred trading partners, so I'll list those first.

LONDON
McCue, Max LW
MacKinnon, Ethan D

SSM
D'Intino, Jordan LW
Sirizzotti, Brenden RW

FLINT
Giroux, Zacharie C
Dann, Nolan RW

ERIE
Bressette, Brett LW
Johnston, Owain D

KINGSTON
Holmes, Jacob D
Callens, Maddox LW

BRANTFORD/HAMILTON
Sherk, Lawson C
Drobac, Matteo G

OTTAWA
Beck, Jack LW
Donoso, Max G

GUELPH......will likely upgrade but not likely until the deadline
Hislop, Brayden D
Bowman, Braeden RW
Romeo, Chandler D

KITCHENER
Martin, Mitchell LW
Sop, Matthew LW
Motew, Simon D

SARNIA
Gaudreau, Benjamin G
Sikic, Marko RW
Way, Cooper C

MISSY
Sharpe, Chas D
Del Monte, Ryan C
Schwindt, Kai LW

NIAGARA
Humphrey, Ryan LW

Federkow, Connor D

Sobolev, Daniil D

OSHAWA
Stewart, Thomas D
Rolofs, Stuart LW
Tarasevich, Nikita RW

Some teams have more than 3 OAs and are looking to deal their extra OA, flooding the market a bit.

NORTH BAY
Christopoulos, Paul D
Ertel, Justin LW
Zito, Pasquale C
Arnsby, Liam C

OWEN SOUND
Lawrence, Kaleb LW
Sedley, Sam D
Burroughs, Ethan RW
Goure, Deni C

SAGINAW
Loukus, Dean RW
Mancini, Roberto D
Codd, Davis RW
Hache, Braden D

SUDBURY
Anania, Andre D
Toure, Djibril D
McCallum, Landon RW
Larmand, Ethan C

WINDSOR
Jodoin, James D
Peer, Oliver RW
Maillet, Jacob C
Christopoulos, Alex RW
Mike Oke will likely not trade Connor Lockhart unless both Tucker Robertson and JR Avon return or he gets an offer for him that is to good to turn down. He will likely trade Michael Simpson and Sam Mayer. I expect at minimum a 2nd and either a 3rd or 4th round draft picks for Michael Simpson and at minimum two, 3rd round draft picks or a 3rd and a 4th round draft picks for Sam Mayer. I would think that if he doesn’t get competitive offers for Simpson and Mayer he would keep them to start the season and go with them and Connor Lockhart as our three overages players. Then see what he can get for them at the deadline. There is no point trading them for mid range draft picks. I am not sure if the Petes will have an issue trading them for a good return. Both Barrie and North Bay were able to get a good return for the overage fees players they have traded. Neither of those two players have the OHL Championship Series or Memorial Cup experience our players have. Oke is likely not trading any of of our overages until he is sure they are returning and will not trade those that have not at pro camps until he knows who is returning. If he gets the return that I have suggested and is able to trade Owen Beck for a good young 16 or 17 year old player and two, 2nd, a 3rd and maybe a 4th round draft we have recouped many of the draft picks we traded last season.

onetimeshot

Apr 21, 2023
Reactions: HockeyPops

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I listened to the OHL’s Peterborough Petes 20 in 20 interview with Petes coach, Rob Wilson recently. During this podcast he indicated that Connor Lockart, Sam Mayer and Michael Simpson were going to be a big part of Petes team this coming season which indicates to me that they intend to keep all three to at least start the year.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I listened to the OHL’s Peterborough Petes 20 in 20 interview with Petes coach, Rob Wilson recently. During this podcast he indicated that Connor Lockart, Sam Mayer and Michael Simpson were going to be a big part of Petes team this coming season which indicates to me that they intend to keep all three to at least start the year.
Simpson will be a big part of the Knights team ;)

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Simpson will be a big part of the Knights team ;)
Maybe at the deadline for the right price but it appears for now he is staying in Peterborough for what Rob Wilson said on the Petes edition of the OHL 20 in 20.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Maybe at the deadline for the right price but it appears for now he is staying in Peterborough for what Rob Wilson said on the Petes edition of the OHL 20 in 20.
they need to sell eventually or they will be mediocre for years.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
they need to sell eventually or they will be mediocre for years.
They may only do a partial rebuild this year. I think for sure they will keep Connor Lockhart. They could opt to go with Cam Gauvreau as their overage defenceman and trade Sam Mayer. In regards to Michael Simpson the Petes might keep him as a stablizing presence. Even if they keep all three of Lockhart, Mayer and Simpson I expect they will trade Owen Beck for a young player and draft picks. They could also trade Konnor Smith for a 17 or 18 year old defenceman and draft picks. The Petes only need to acquire three, 2nds, two, 3rds and a couple of 4th round draft picks to mostly restock their draft pick cupboard. They have a very good rookie crop this year with a mix of 16, 17 and 18 year old first year players plus several lesser lights from last year that appear ready for a breakout season so from a roster perspective they have a good nucleus to build on for the future.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
With the trade of Michael Simpson to London the Petes are now down to four overages. They still have Connor Lockhart, Sam Mayer, Cam Gauvreau and Jax Dubois as their overage players. I am starting to think that Peterborough will keep Connor Lockhart, Sam Mayer and Cam Gauvreau as their three overage players. With Mayer and Gauvreau on defence along with Donovan McCoy and Konnor Smith the Petes likely have the strongest defence in the East Division and one of strongest in the conference.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
With the trade of Michael Simpson to London the Petes are now down to four overages. They still have Connor Lockhart, Sam Mayer, Cam Gauvreau and Jax Dubois as their overage players. I am starting to think that Peterborough will keep Connor Lockhart, Sam Mayer and Cam Gauvreau as their three overage players. With Mayer and Gauvreau on defence along with Donovan McCoy and Konnor Smith the Petes likely have the strongest defence in the East Division and one of strongest in the conference.
But Wilson’s 20 in 20 interview said Simpson was going to be a big part of the Petes team this season. :huh:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
But Wilson’s 20 in 20 interview said Simpson was going to be a big part of the Petes team this season. :huh:
Situations change. This is a good deal for the Petes. They get a good 18 year old goaltender and a 3rd round draft pick for an overage goaltender. It allows Peterborough to keep Connor Lockhart and both Sam Mayer and Cam Gauvreau as their overages. When Rob Wilson gave the interview with the 20 in 20 he likely had not received this offer that will help the Petes in goal and allow them to use the overage spots in other areas.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So which high end OA forwards will be on the move or is it stop early to tell?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Situations change. This is a good deal for the Petes. They get a good 18 year old goaltender and a 3rd round draft pick for an overage goaltender. It allows Peterborough to keep Connor Lockhart and both Sam Mayer and Cam Gauvreau as their overages. When Rob Wilson gave the interview with the 20 in 20 he likely had not received this offer that will help the Petes in goal and allow them to use the overage spots in other areas.
i think you read way, way to much into promotional interviews. what is he going to say, we're going to sell most of the guys on the roster?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
OS will very likely have 4 OA available in Guelph tomorrow .
Not sure if they use 4 cards until all 4 have played one game ?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Thanks. I will update the list after the first regular season game. I am not sure that the regular season rosters are complete yet.

Reactions: AUC Regular

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I think the Petes are likely going to go with Connor Lockhart, Sam Mayer and Jax Dubois as their three overages to start the season. Both Lockhart and Mayer are alternate captains and Dubois is off to a great start offensively to start the season with a goal and two assists in the season opener against Kingston and he has scored another goal against Ottawa tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyPops

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Flint now has three overage players with the return of Braeden Kessler. There are now only three teams that room for an overage player. They are Ottawa, Brantford and now Sarnia. Their are three maybe five teams that still have an extra overage player. They are Peterborough, Windsor and Sudbury and maybe Barrie (if Thornton returns) and North Bay (if Zito returns).

Last edited:

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Flint now has three overage players with the return of Braeden Kessler. There are now only three teams that room for an overage player. They are Ottawa, Brantford and now Sarnia. Their are three maybe five teams that still have an extra overage player. They are Peterborough, Windsor and Sudbury and maybe Barrie (if Thornton returns) and North Bay (if Zito returns).

Where did Kavanagh go from BC no longer on the roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad