OAR has played one big6 team this tournament

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I get it's not Russia's fault and all that, but the fact is the KHL players are there and the NHLers aren't - this means Russia has a vastly superior talent pool to draw from compared to all other countries. Good for them if they win anyway, but it's not the accomplishment it is when NHLers are there.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Everybody knows that but again that's the idiots nhl (Americans and Canadians) to blame. If Russia wins Gold at this Olympics it means they won Gold at the Olympic Games nothing more nothing less...And as you can see stop the whining and excuses it's Germany in the finals, a small hockey national with few top players so stop the whining. This tournament is 100 times more serious and prestigious that any rigged and joke "world" cups aka nhl north america cups that takes place too often.

Clrs

Feb 15, 2010
I get it's not Russia's fault and all that, but the fact is the KHL players are there and the NHLers aren't - this means Russia has a vastly superior talent pool to draw from compared to all other countries. Good for them if they win anyway, but it's not the accomplishment it is when NHLers are there.
Who cares about NHLers? Not allowed to play? Wow. That's sad. Whine in Battman's office now.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Russia will win Gold in the two most prestiguous competitions in the winter games, ladies figure skating and men's ice hockey, a lot to be proud of.

Clrs

Feb 15, 2010
lol its ok you can try again if you want
Ok, I am trying. How about watching your NHL and don't crap in Olympic thread how unimportant Olympic hockey is without NHLers? Personally I don't care about your NHL, I don't watch it and I do care about Olympics. If you don't come, so sit at home and whine whatever you want. We do watch with pleasure.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Ok, I am trying. How about watching your NHL and don't crap in Olympic thread how unimportant Olympic hockey is without NHLers? Personally I don't care about your NHL, I don't watch it and I do care about Olympics. If you don't come, so sit at home and whine whatever you want. We do watch with pleasure.
It's not some arbitrary love for NHLers - the olympics is each country fielding the best roster of athletes from their country for each given event. That's how every other sport and event is handled at the olympics. That's not how hockey is being handled this year, whether you want to admit it or not. It's not an issue of being unimportant necessarily, it's just a plain fact that it's not best on best this time around like it has been in the past and like the olympics exists to facilitate in all other sports.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Canada and USA have a superior talent pool and thus a greater advantage when the NHL is there, does that make a gold they win less of an accomplishment?

No, this only applies when a NA team is disadvantaged, funny that.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Canada and USA have a superior talent pool and thus a greater advantage when the NHL is there, does that make a gold they win less of an accomplishment?

No, this only applies when a NA team is disadvantaged, funny that.
Having a better talent pool because your country produces more talent is the way it works in every event ever. Having a better talent pool because of beurocratic infighting isn't.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
What planet are you on? We’ve played two big 6 teams this tourney (USA, CZE). That’s the exact same amount that Canada, USA, Finland and Sweden have played.
Underrated post. And really should end with "/thread"

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Clrs

Feb 15, 2010
it's just a plain fact that it's not best on best this time around like it has been in the past and like the olympics exists to facilitate in all other sports.
So what? If it's not best on best this time, you prohibid me from watching? I like, you dislike, why should I care what is you like or not?

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

It is not much of a accomplishment when canada wins with NHL refs on home ice etc either.

Reactions: Pouchkine

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
So what? If it's not best on best this time, you prohibid me from watching? I like, you dislike, why should I care what is you like or not?
When did I ever say I prohibit you from watching? You can watch. I've been watching too, I'm just pointing out the fact that KHL players going and NHL players not going gives Russia an advantage. You don't have to care, I'm just discussing the topic of the thread.

It is not much of a accomplishment when canada wins with NHL refs on home ice etc either.

Is there anything to suggest NHL refs are biased toward certain countries? There are plenty of Russian NHL players, including Malkin a 3 time cup winner and Ovechkin, arguably the most popular and advertised player in the league over the past decade.

And the home ice changes all the time, and definitely doesn't have the same effect as baring dozens of a teams best players.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
This Gold would mean much more than all the joke "world" cups you like so much combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad