Oakley Visor Keeps Fogging...

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I do once a year, it costs like 30 bucks and they professionally clean it, all my gear feels brand new after
Soak it in the tub with some laundry detergent and borax. Good as new and you don’t have to pay for it or wait for it to be finished by someone else and go to pick it up. To be honest, in 45+ years of playing hockey I’ve never heard of anyone sending their equipment out to get cleaned.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I have to ask…who sends their equipment out to get cleaned?!?!?!
I clean my equipment thoroughly after every use. Disinfectant, air dry, wash laundry, etc. After every 6th use, I fully wash my pads and gloves in the washer then hang dry.

About 10 years ago a friend of mine who is a goaltender got a nasty infection from filthy equipment that needed to be treated in the hospital. It ended up being serious. If you have an open wound or cut and that bacteria from dirty equipment gets inside, it could lead to some scary times. He was in the hospital for three days.

But, no, I've never paid or sent it away to be cleaned. I'm too particular for that.

As for the OP -- when I used to rock a half shield, I would put shampoo on it, clear it with a microfiber, and it would limit the fogging. Now I'm back wearing a full cage after a player on my line lost a couple teeth accidentally. At my age, can't jeopardize the grill or eyes.

Nuckster

May 3, 2023
Hey Guys,

So recently i purchased an Oakley 2.0 visor, this visor comes down pretty far just above my lip. Anyways i am haven nothing but problems with it fogging when i go to the bench. I purchased the AFR solution when i got it and have used it on the front and back with a micro fibre towel since i got it, its not helping at all.

I do sweat a lot and my head does get hot, but previous to this I was using a Bauer RBE V Shield and was using the old dish soap method and it never ever fogged up.

The Oakley only fogs when i go to the bench, once i go back on the ice i cant see anything and then it clears up as I skate.

I am contemplating usiing dish soap on it as it worked for my Bauer however I don't want tio ruin the visor as the clarity is awesome (when it is clear).

Any suggestions ? Anyone used dish/shampoo on their oakley and not experience cracking over a long term?

Thanks,
I bought visor spray at a local hockey shop. At first it wasn't working well because I would spray it on then use a soft towel to spread it around.

One day, I tried to just spray it on (both sides) and didn't use the towel, just allowed it to dry on its own as I was getting changed for my game.

It works extremely well, I guess letting it dry on its own is key.

I've used shampoo before but it doesn't seem to work well and yes, can ruin the coating on certain visors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad