Post-Game Talk: NYR @ WSH | 10/18/19 | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
One thing is certain. Sending Panik to LTIR (not Kempny) saves all the cap space that was banked during Lewington's illustrious career (tm)

Reactions: Calicaps

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Please bring us up to speed on what the actual bet is because it doesn't exactly seem concrete
Siege should be sent down once Kempny comes back. Technically he doesnt like to lose if Siege isnt sent down but isn't playing (sitting in press box).

Circumstances of Siege's injury are really untimely.

If Siege is on the ice tonight with Kempny its a clear win for me. All other situations are semantics because Kempny was up all this time actually and nobody dared to send Siege down. So I won 8 games ago.

But I don't mind

Jun 15, 2007
Siege should be sent down once Kempny comes back. Technically he doesnt like to lose if Siege isnt sent down but isn't playing (sitting in press box).

Circumstances of Siege's injury are really untimely.

If Siege is on the ice tonight with Kempny its a clear win for me. All other situations are semantics because Kempny was up all this time actually and nobody dared to send Siege down. So I won 8 games ago.

But I don't mind
Not a smart bet. I don't even rate Siege that high but it's very clear the coach does.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It doesn't seem like they are going to break up the Orlov-Jensen pairing, so Siegenthaler (and not Ferhervary) playing in with Carlson makes sense for a game or so until Kempny is back up to the first pairing.

Edit: oops, hive corrected me below. I actually didnt even notice until now :blush:. Its a crazy time of year between work, school, Nats and Caps (and ... Skins)

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It doesn't seem like they are going to break up the Orlov-Jensen pairing, so Siegenthaler (and not Ferhervary) playing in with Carlson makes sense for a game or so until Kempny is back up to the first pairing.
They had Orlov-Gudas skating together last game. This is an Orlov-Jensen re-union.

Reactions: tenken00

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think they hope Kempny-Gudas is Czech connection with added chemistry. Also less load on Kempny. Totally fine if MK ends up with Carlson later in the game. No risks.

PS: Cant consider Siegenthaler's mandatory 2 minutes as a risk. Its a built-in feature.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think they hope Kempny-Gudas is Czech connection with added chemistry. Also less load on Kempny. Totally fine if MK ends up with Carlson later in the game. No risks.

PS: Cant consider Siegenthaler's mandatory 2 minutes as a risk. Its a built-in feature.

Have the 2 played together in international games?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Unless Siegenthaler can't move I would bet he will play. He has to see the writing on the wall......

What writing, specifically? Seems clear that Fever is going to leapfrog Siegs in short order, but Siegs may still have a place here depending on what Gudas does as a UFA next year. I could see a Siegs/Fever 5/6 next year.

Bottom line is, gotta love our defensive depth, gives us options moving forward despite the cap crunch. Who knows exactly where/when AA fits in, and then there is Stanley Cup winner Djoos in Hershey.

Reactions: Calicaps

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What writing, specifically? Seems clear that Fever is going to leapfrog Siegs in short order, but Siegs may still have a place here depending on what Gudas does as a UFA next year. I could see a Siegs/Fever 5/6 next year.

Bottom line is, gotta love our defensive depth, gives us options moving forward despite the cap crunch. Who knows exactly where/when AA fits in, and then there is Stanley Cup winner Djoos in Hershey.

Carlson
Orlov
Gudas
Jensen
Kempny
Fehrevary

Next season, it will be one of the Hershey boys replacing Gudas.

That is the writing.

Maybe Seig sticks around as a six/seven but I don't see it with the way he is playing. I'm thinking he ends up like Bowey.

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Carlson
Orlov
Gudas
Jensen
Kempny
Fehrevary

Next season, it will be one of the Hershey boys replacing Gudas.

That is the writing.

Maybe Seig sticks around as a six/seven but I don't see it with the way he is playing.
They could find a UFA replacement for Gudas if he isn't back. Pretty solid RD UFA class. Pietrangelo, Schultz, Barrie, Green, Bogosian, Vatanen, Ceci, Braun, Tanev and Hamonic on top of Gudas

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They could find a UFA replacement for Gudas if he isn't back. Pretty solid RD UFA class. Pietrangelo, Schultz, Barrie, Green, Bogosian, Vatanen, Ceci, Braun, Tanev and Hamonic on top of Gudas

They won't have the money after they re-sign Backstrom.

They have 15 guys signed and 17 mil in projected cap space, of which Backstrom is gonna take at least 8 to 9 of.

And honestly I'm good with a kid coming up next season, that's why they were drafted and developed here.

Jun 15, 2007
They won't have the money after they re-sign Backstrom.

They have 15 guys signed and 17 mil in projected cap space, of which Backstrom is gonna take at least 8 to 9 of.

And honestly I'm good with a kid coming up next season, that's why they were drafted and developed here.
We'll actually have a lot of money because Holtby's money will be free.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I honestly wouldn't mind a 1 or 2 year Mike Green retirement deal. Bring him home to finish out his career so he can retire a Capital. He and his wife still own a home in the area and spend their summers there. Depends on where he sees his career trajectory going, and if he still wants to play past age 35/36.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The Semin and Green mentions are making me nostalgic...

young-guns.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad