Pre-Game Talk: NYR vs SJS on 10/23/17 @ 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I still don’t understand what the plan is with DeAngelo. If he’s good enough to play, either trade Holden or send down Kampfer? Or if he’s not, send him to Hartford so he gets to play...
I think we’re waiting to see how we look over the next few games, along with how kids are doing in Hartford, before pulling the trigger on a move. The LD market is bottlenecked right now because of Vegas

Reactions: Revel and SnowFort

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
It`s very hard to predict result in this game. We struggle with inconsistency from one period to next while we look like a much different team sometimes in both energy and quality of performance. And I don`t know why we seldom play 60 min. games with AV - too much energy usage in the first 20 min. or too little hard to balance I guess the whole game.
i dont think any team really plays a 60 minute game, the rangers often only play 20 though

Reactions: will1066

JD361992

Section 227
Sep 9, 2015
NJ
Very interested to see Joakim Ryan on the Sharks. A local Jersey guy from Rumson who played for CBA (Christian Brothers Academy). Very weird to see guys I know from high school making it but also happy for NJ hockey. LGR

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

R21hg5.gif

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Very interested to see Joakim Ryan on the Sharks. A local Jersey guy from Rumson who played for CBA (Christian Brothers Academy). Very weird to see guys I know from high school making it but also happy for NJ hockey. LGR
Lots of talent coming out of Jersey lately. Off the top of my head...Johnny Hockey, Anthony DeAngelo, TVR, JVR, and Bobby Ryan. Those are the recent ones I can think of, anyway. Good to see.

Reactions: Blueshirt Special

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still don’t understand what the plan is with DeAngelo. If he’s good enough to play, either trade Holden or send down Kampfer? Or if he’s not, send him to Hartford so he gets to play...

Gorton needs to be firm with AV. Tell him he needs to play over Holden.

If AV refuses, sack him. He already is on thin ice.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think we’re waiting to see how we look over the next few games, along with how kids are doing in Hartford, before pulling the trigger on a move. The LD market is bottlenecked right now because of Vegas

I don't think there's a market.

I've been reading Tampa's forum following G's progress, and they also are convinced they are going to trade Sustr once the market calms down.

I think every fan base has this irrational idea that somehow another team is going to trade for their problems.

Holden should not play, unless there's an injury. I'd say go with 7D, but I don't want him taking any PT from DeAngelo. What I think I'd do is dress 12F, 6D, but only play 11F, and if for some reason we need another forward during the course of a game, Carey can go into the lineup. Thats often what they do in other leagues, they have a young guy in the lineup, maybe they play 2-3 minutes per game, maybe they don't see the ice.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't think there's a market.

I've been reading Tampa's forum following G's progress, and they also are convinced they are going to trade Sustr once the market calms down.

I think every fan base has this irrational idea that somehow another team is going to trade for their problems.

Holden should not play, unless there's an injury. I'd say go with 7D, but I don't want him taking any PT from DeAngelo. What I think I'd do is dress 12F, 6D, but only play 11F, and if for some reason we need another forward during the course of a game, Carey can go into the lineup. Thats often what they do in other leagues, they have a young guy in the lineup, maybe they play 2-3 minutes per game, maybe they don't see the ice.
There is always a market for dmen as the season progresses. Young players cool off, injuries happen, etc.

I’ve said multiple times that the 6 dmen that should be in the lineup are McD, Shatty, Staal, Skjei, Smith, and ADA. We’ve even been agreeing on the forward lines lately :laugh:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
OK, we won a game yesterday. If we win today, it's called "two in a row". And if we win again tomorrow, it's called a "winning streak"... It has happened before!

R21hg5.gif

One of my favorite movies of all time.

Cerrano = Nash
Willie M H = Grabner
Dorn = Staal
Taylor = Lundqvist
Wild Thing Vaughn = Kreider

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This SJ team is quite beatable. This Rangers team can win if they play how they did in the last 1st period we saw. They can't stop moving their legs and stop pressing. We see that once they do they can't get out of it. They need to keep it going.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm driving in to see this one. What's a good time to head into NYC to make it on time? Live 30 min. N/W of NYC, and usually take the GW.

Depends on how bad the GW traffic is tonight during rush hour. Doors to MSG open at 6pm, warmups at 6:30 sharp, so i'd leave at 4pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad