Confirmed with Link: NYR trade F Cole Schneider to NSH for F Connor Brickley

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
Gordie Clark and Andy Brickley are both University of New Hampshire alumni, and they were both teammates in the minor leagues during 1980s / 90s....

Pretty much an AHL trade, but it's really funny that Brickley played with a couple of former Wolfpack players in college and then throughout his AHL career he's played with many former Wolfpack. Maybe it's just a coincidence.....

Reactions: Blurt Vision

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Two-way grinder that has more NHL experience than Schneider. UFA at seasons end. Has a bit more value, IMO, as a throw in for something bigger than Schneider, albeit a very small value. Massachusetts connection. It doesn't really matter except for Hartford.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Gordie Clark and Andy Brickley are both University of New Hampshire alumni, and they were both teammates in the minor leagues during 1980s / 90s....

Pretty much an AHL trade, but it's really funny that Brickley played with a couple of former Wolfpack players in college and then throughout his AHL career he's played with many former Wolfpack. Maybe it's just a coincidence.....
actually, Connor is Andy's nephew as Andy has stated that several times on NESN when Boston played Florida and Florida spent 2015/16 as the affiliate in Portland.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Andy Brickley's brother was a guy named Quintin who had a short pro career. His nephew is Daniel who plays in the Kings organization. His cousin is Craig, who played NCAA in the 70s. He has two first cousins, once removed: Brendan, who plays NCAA DIII, and this guy Connor. This is per Elite Prospects.

Certainly seems like a downgrade. I suspect Schneider wanted a new opportunity or didn't like the current Hartford staff or something. I know it's odd that he'd then end up on a playoff team with even less opportunity, but who knows. I can't really see any other reason to make the deal.

Actually, the only other reason I could see for this deal to be made is if the Rangers anticipate having another prospect or two in Hartford (or a young NHL player?) and want to open up some space. I mean it could even just be that they want guys like Gettinger, Meskanen, Gropp, etc. that are already there getting more time.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Andy Brickley's brother was a guy named Quintin who had a short pro career. His nephew is Daniel who plays in the Kings organization. His cousin is Craig, who played NCAA in the 70s. He has two first cousins, once removed: Brendan, who plays NCAA DIII, and this guy Connor. This is per Elite Prospects.

Certainly seems like a downgrade. I suspect Schneider wanted a new opportunity or didn't like the current Hartford staff or something. I know it's odd that he'd then end up on a playoff team with even less opportunity, but who knows. I can't really see any other reason to make the deal.

Actually, the only other reason I could see for this deal to be made is if the Rangers anticipate having another prospect or two in Hartford (or a young NHL player?) and want to open up some space. I mean it could even just be that they want guys like Gettinger, Meskanen, Gropp, etc. that are already there getting more time.

Hadn't even considered this.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I feel like Connor Brickley and Connor Bleakley shouldn't be allowed to play in the same league and in the same generation.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Gorton= GM of the year candidate after this one...

Maybe he was just practicing what it takes to make a trade, you know making sure his office is ready for the massive amounts of trades that should be coming— more like a “hey does everyone remember where to sign your name’s on these trade documents type situation...

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... if the Rangers anticipate having another prospect or two in Hartford (or a young NHL player?) and want to open up some space. I mean it could even just be that they want guys like Gettinger, Meskanen, Gropp, etc. that are already there getting more time.

i think this could easily be why.
so genuine prospects get the top 6 icetime that is being overly taken up by Schneider/Holland/Beleskey

besides the guys 2k2 cites, there is also Lias and Fontaine (lately on the scoresheet) and Lettieri

Maybe Ronning is coming back up.
Maybe Chytil or Howden get shuffled down to HWP for a while (some of you may howl, but IMHO that is overreacting)

anyway, Brickly is new england guy coming home,
both guys were going UFA in summer,
Brickley is less productive but more physical,
and a little younger (not yet 27)
the kind of guy they might re-sign as vet presence for next year

Hockey's Future - Connor Brickley
[ from '15=16m before HF ended
" ...
Talent Analysis
Brickley is a two-way player with a dedicated work ethic. He plays bigger than his size and is strong on the puck and on his skates. Brickley possesses the requisite skills necessary to play at the pro level and made strides in terms of physical development and tactical play during his college career at the University of Vermont. Brickley plays the full length of the ice and plays mostly mistake-free hockey.
Future
Brickley appeared in 23 NHL games with Florida in 2015-16, spending most of the season with the AHL's Portland Pirates. Signed to a two-year contract by the Panthers in 2014 following his college career at Vermont, he would be an unrestricted free agent if not tendered a qualifying offer. Brickley plays a sound two-way game well-suited for a lower line role but no longer projects as the consistent scoring forward envisioned when he was the 50th player taken in the 2010 NHL Draft."

yeah i know some think its silly to bring up 2-3 year old scouting reports, true that is outdated, it is only shared as an easily available data point

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Gorton= GM of the year candidate after this one...

Maybe he was just practicing what it takes to make a trade, you know making sure his office is ready for the massive amounts of trades that should be coming— more like a “hey does everyone remember where to sign your name’s on these trade documents type situation...

Like a bank prenote.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Don’t mean to be condescending, but if you’re giving this minor league pawn trade more than 30 seconds of thought, let alone analysis, you may want to reconsider how you’re investing your time.

Outside of the Schneider family, this is a meaningless transaction.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
FluffyIncomparableHypsilophodon-small.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Don’t mean to be condescending, but if you’re giving this minor league pawn trade more than 30 seconds of thought, let alone analysis, you may want to reconsider how you’re investing your time.

Outside of the Schneider family, this is a meaningless transaction.
Yeah well you are being condescending. :laugh:

What happens in Hartford is important for a number of reasons. If we make a move that weakens Hartford and offers no real upside, that's problematic. Not greatly so, in the grand scheme of thing, but this is after all a prospect board and for most of us feel what happens in Hartford is interesting.

Additionally, as I posited earlier, this could have been a move to free up some space for the younger players to assume more of a role in Hartford. In which case, that would be a good thing.

If you have the time to spend posting on HF, but not even thirty seconds to ponder a seemingly minor transaction that isn't totally without consequence, but DO have the time to write a post criticizing others for doing so, then you have some bizarre priorities and might want to reconsider how you are investing your time. Not to be condescending or anything.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Maybe they think Brickley can fill a bottom 6 role if they gut the team at the deadline?

Had 12 points in 44 games with FLA. Schneider has only played 6 NHL games, maybe they feel like he’s too one dimensional to be of any use on the NHL roster.

No clue just pulling this out of my ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad