Confirmed with Link: NYR Sign Morgan Barron to ELC

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If the NCAA season is canceled then he can at least start getting direction and help from the Rangers for prepping for next season (if the AHL season also doesn't happen), so...good move

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If the NCAA season is canceled then he can at least start getting direction and help from the Rangers for prepping for next season (if the AHL season also doesn't happen), so...good move

I wonder if the Rangers will loan any players to EU teams to get them some gametime. I know they can't do it with everyone, but imagine Huska, Hajek, Barron, Miller, Kravtsov and Wall playing quality hockey in Europe instead of sitting at home waiting for the season to start or not. AHL is aiming for Dec 4th. That would be basically 9 months without competitive hockey for these kids

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
As I said in the other thread, I imagine a combination of the Ivy League schools delaying hockey and maybe not even having a season, coupled with the AHL announcing an intended start date, helped compel him to go ahead and sign.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well I look forward to seeing his pro game whenever the AHL reopens.

Heard some very good things about his potential heading into draft day and he has exceeded all expectations. Hopefully he'll be our latest 6th round steal.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I wonder if the Rangers will loan any players to EU teams to get them some gametime. I know they can't do it with everyone, but imagine Huska, Hajek, Barron, Miller, Kravtsov and Wall playing quality hockey in Europe instead of sitting at home waiting for the season to start or not. AHL is aiming for Dec 4th. That would be basically 9 months without competitive hockey for these kids

I think this is much less likely now that it appears that the AHL will have a season. it will be delayed but in line with the NHL season...and 9 months is a long time but really its only a 2 month delay from when the season would have started and when it will start. but ultimately I think decision comes down to how close you think guys are to the NHL. I wouldn't want to send Hajek and Kravtsov over so they can play a few extra month and the trade off is they are lost for the year and can't plan in the NHL....but with guys like Huska or Wall who aren't sniffing the NHL next year anyway I'd be more open...

the other unknown is what happens with canadian juniors and making sure guys like robertson has somewhere to play...

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Scouted him a few years in a row, the difference between him at 14 and him at 17 was unreal. I haven't gotten to see him live since a couple years but people I've talked to say he continues to improve every single year.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
for any who haven't been paying close attention til now
Morgan Barron - 2020-21 - Men's Ice Hockey - Cornell University Athletics

this article referred in a recent tweet by Prospect Park Jess
Morgan Barron Could Be in New York Very Soon – Sportsology
"...Even though he was drafted as a center his play along the wall is so good that wing may be the best way to optimize his offense at the next level. He did take 12 face-offs and won seven of them. He has third-line NHL potential if everything breaks right for him..."

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
One benefit of the pandemic perhaps. Barron indicated he wanted to finish his Cornell career and he also could have then gone the Vesey route as somewhat of a free agent. Instead he needed a place to play this season so the Rangers system became a much better option.

Good opportunity for him as we need bottom six forwards. Even more so if we lose one to the Kraken.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
for any who haven't been paying close attention til now
Morgan Barron - 2020-21 - Men's Ice Hockey - Cornell University Athletics

this article referred in a recent tweet by Prospect Park Jess
Morgan Barron Could Be in New York Very Soon – Sportsology
"...Even though he was drafted as a center his play along the wall is so good that wing may be the best way to optimize his offense at the next level. He did take 12 face-offs and won seven of them. He has third-line NHL potential if everything breaks right for him..."
Third line potential is a reasonable projection for him. If everything breaks right, he could be something more.

Reactions: McSauer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad