Speculation: NYR schedule this week

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
waiting for the 'other shoe to drop' re NYR's schedule next 7 days...
will NJD actually resume play tomorrow?
Flyers on Thursday?
will NYR schedule be hijacked to fill in for PF at Tahoe?"

Reactions: RangersFan1994

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I heard a few days ago NJD has 19 players in protocol. How will they even ice a team?

Edit: Ok, looks like only 5 players remain on the list now.

Reactions: romba

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
At some point, doesn't the league need to force teams to start forfeiting games if they don't have enough players to ice a team?
Not if there is any possible way to avoid it. The league and its teams are running a business and they need to play games for programming and in some cases to have some fans in the seats.

BTW -Be careful what you wish for. An outbreak on the Rangers could just as easily happen as on other teams and I would think you wouldn't want games forfeited in that case.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Didn't they cancel all of the Devils games before tomorrow a long time ago? I feel like this date has been penciled in for a while. Maybe there was some set number of days before a lot of their guys could get out of protocols (assuming they didn't test positive again).

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I want the Rangers to play tomorrow, and will be pissed when half the team enters covid protocol next week.

This approach is competeley short-sighted. But the right approach. Shoot first (wouldn't this be something for the team), ask questions later.

Reactions: romba and Crease

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yeah that 4 games in 6 days stretch is not too fair when the teams forced not to play get to reschedule and rest in between (as long as they arent really sick, but the majority the team usually isnt).

I know they are trying to fit the games within the season parameters but it would probably be smarter if they extended the season and put the makeup games at the end, given that there could be more fans/gate $ at that time...

But im sure once they get closer to spring/summer theyll be more events filling the arenas... cant win. This whole thing is f***ed. Gotta be happy we have something to watch at all really, even if its 10 games in 15 nights

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
4 games in 6 days might just get Mika's legs moving. Also, i don't wanna hear anyone complain when Georgiev gets the net at some point in there.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
After what happened to the Sabres, if the Rangers start getting sick after playing the NJ Super Spreaders tm we better start talking forfeiting draft picks and fines for that dumpster franchise.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
After what happened to the Sabres, if the Rangers start getting sick after playing the NJ Super Spreaders tm we better start talking forfeiting draft picks and fines for that dumpster franchise.
Just move them to Quebec or something. Why the hell does the NY area have three hockey teams?

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Apparently you don't know how Covid works... smh

They're the safest team to play... they've all had it

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Apparently you don't know how Covid works... smh

They're the safest team to play... they've all had it

I honestly can't tell if this is a joke or not, and I hate this board for making me this way...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I wonder when the Flyers game from yesterday gets rescheduled. Taking a look at the two teams schedules (as well as Knicks and Sixers since they share the teams buildings), it seems like moving the game in Philly from the 24th to the 23rd and playing the rescheduled game at MSG on the 24th makes the most sense though it's packing a ton of games into a short stretch. It seems like it makes the most sense though as you don't want to eat up all the open dates later on in case of more games needing to be rescheduled.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I wonder when the Flyers game from yesterday gets rescheduled. Taking a look at the two teams schedules (as well as Knicks and Sixers since they share the teams buildings), it seems like moving the game in Philly from the 24th to the 23rd and playing the rescheduled game at MSG on the 24th makes the most sense though it's packing a ton of games into a short stretch. It seems like it makes the most sense though as you don't want to eat up all the open dates later on in case of more games needing to be rescheduled.

Its always possible that the rangers use the islanders or devils building to make up a game if the knicks are playing at msg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad