Confirmed with Link: [NYR/NSH] Cody McLeod for 2020 7th round pick

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
This move is going to get roasted by most of you, but I like it. McLeod is surely a terrible hockey player, but in my opinion this was a different team when he was here and they sorely missed his presence for the last year or whatever he's been gone.

Preds got a lot nastier today. Advanced stats be damned, you need some of this in the lineup.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
McLeod was chirpy when he played against us this year and last; chirped with PK and Watson a lot. Hopefully no drama there

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
This move is going to get roasted by most of you, but I like it. McLeod is surely a terrible hockey player, but in my opinion this was a different team when he was here and they sorely missed his presence for the last year or whatever he's been gone.

Preds got a lot nastier today. Advanced stats be damned, you need some of this in the lineup.
This!

I wish we got someone else for this role (McQuaid!), but I suppose you rather run 12 forwards than 5 defensemen if the tough guy is a reliability.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Weren't a couple posters asking for him back in a GDT a week or two ago? Meh...a 7th is almost literally nothing in my book. Adds some depth and toughness.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Good pick up for regular season stretch. Can plug him in to the bottom 6 when we play a goon squad.

Reactions: Gh24

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I was checking up some latest fights of guys like Clifford, McQuaid, Boyle etc. when I went for my list of who I'd be interested in. One of these guys got beat by McLeod and I thought to myself that he'd be one if he was any better. Apparently Poile didn't care about the skill point of view.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I guess it is more of an environmental thing than anything else? Obviously there is nothing McLeod can do anymore on the ice that helps. You can't even really say he brings toughness or anything, because there is nobody left in the league to fight, and he probably doesn't even get on the ice in the playoffs. But they'll know what he brings to the room, so guessing that he's coming more for that side of things.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I guess it is more of an environmental thing than anything else? Obviously there is nothing McLeod can do anymore on the ice that helps. You can't even really say he brings toughness or anything, because there is nobody left in the league to fight, and he probably doesn't even get on the ice in the playoffs. But they'll know what he brings to the room, so guessing that he's coming more for that side of things.

I agree. Something is different with this team this year aside from injury. Boyle and McCleod sure look like they are coming in for much more than hockey to me.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
If we face the jets in the POs his face polishing skills are worth the 7th rd pick imo ;)
Or Vegas and Reaves. He's gonna play cheap until someone answers. I hate that, but it's the nature and fault of the game. As long as you can get an advantage by playing nasty, it's gonna happen.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

I don't see this logic as making sense. I have a hard time believing the team dynamic was that influenced by McLeod but maybe I'm wrong. We will find out soon enough. Either way it's a throwaway 7th. I'm not going to complain.

I do love Cody's fire.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So Poile has to think that the team is lacking in accountability and veteran presence right? That's the only explanation I've got. The team didn't have the juice in the playoffs last year they had the year prior. They tried to bring in Fisher to fix it last year, maybe McLeod was good at getting guys fired up to play during the Cup run?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
No one actually thinks McCleod is playing in the playoffs, right? He's going to be a regular season plug and a guy that's good to have around the locker room. That's about it.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

what he said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad