Proposal: NYR & MON

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
No on every level from the Rangers. Don't see the value of the 3rd and 9th being worth Hayes in the deal. I'd much rather they trade both Spooner and Namestnikov withe 9th to move up to 6th or 7th if somebody they like falls.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Rangers may not like it but I think 3rd will be harder to get than that. Tkachuk or Zadina are prime prospects and with Montreal saying they're going to rebuild I can't see them dropping back for Hayes.

Montreal will at best move to 5th/6th to take the Finnish centre. Only move I can see happening with 3rd overall.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Way too much for the Rangers to pay, and I doubt Montreal would risk dropping that far and missing out on Kotkaniemi (assuming all the rumors are true).

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
No on every level from the Rangers. Don't see the value of the 3rd and 9th being worth Hayes in the deal. I'd much rather they trade both Spooner and Namestnikov withe 9th to move up to 6th or 7th if somebody they like falls.

Problem for Montreal is Hayes may be a 2C, but he isn't a 1C, and is the value differential between Hayes and Danault (who is our best [defensive first] 2C right now) really big enough to justify dropping from Tkachuk/Zadina territory down to Wahlstrom? I don't think so --- but I think that this trade ultimately boils down to preference for each team.

I think the Habs are best off drafting Zadina, and then shopping him to the team that drafts Kotkaniemi later.

Neilstrong218

Mar 29, 2018
Way too much for the Rangers to pay, and I doubt Montreal would risk dropping that far and missing out on Kotkaniemi (assuming all the rumors are true).
Agree
2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
If the rumors are true and Zadina falls out of the top-3, I could see the Rangers trying to trade up and pay less, but I don't see this working.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Both teams say no. Hayes doesn't change anything for MTL and that is a big drop that would likely lose them who they want.

There also isn't that big of a need at 3 for the Rags that they would want to give up Hayes.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
What the **** is up with every Rangers fan wanting to get rid of Hayes? You DO realize that our only proven center besides Hayes is Zibanejad, right? Can we please not ruin Chytil's development by shoehorning him in as a 2c until we're sure he's ready for that kind of responsibility?

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
What the **** is up with every Rangers fan wanting to get rid of Hayes? You DO realize that our only proven center besides Hayes is Zibanejad, right? Can we please not ruin Chytil's development by shoehorning him in as a 2c until we're sure he's ready for that kind of responsibility?
I'm going off the report that the Rangers are listening to offers on him. It's not unreasonable.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Agreed this is really bad for the Rangers. Kotkaniemi might better than Kevin Hayes some day, but Hayes is a quality #2C today. Getting a high level defensive prospect on top of that put the value in Montreal's favor considerably.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
To NYR: Montreal's 2018 first round pick (3OA)
To Montreal: NYR's 2018 first round pick (9OA), & Kevin Hayes
Pass as a Habs fan. I'm still clinching to the hope that they draft the best player available which is easily Zadina. Quite a drop after the top 3.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think Montreal drops that low. I think if Rangers want #3, they have to make 2 deals. 1 with wings / Arizona to swap picks, the other swapping with Montreal. That's 2 smaller deals, but more assets from the Rangers. Only way I see us getting to #3.

Bobee

Jan 28, 2017
T-R
Problem for Montreal is Hayes may be a 2C, but he isn't a 1C, and is the value differential between Hayes and Danault (who is our best [defensive first] 2C right now) really big enough to justify dropping from Tkachuk/Zadina territory down to Wahlstrom? I don't think so --- but I think that this trade ultimately boils down to preference for each team.

I think the Habs are best off drafting Zadina, and then shopping him to the team that drafts Kotkaniemi later.

F*** no! The way MB is shopping we'll end up givinng Zadina + Gallagher for Kotkaniemi.

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Think we already had this proposal before and both Montreal and Ranger fans were not interested. Yes it has been stated that Gorton is getting calls on Hayes. That means Hayes in getting offers that is more then what is considered ‘fair value’ for him so people should just stop guessing.
As a Ranger fan I have zero interest in trading Hayes so if any trade is made it better get a ton of “is the other GM crazy for giving that up for Hayes” kind of reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad