Confirmed with Link: [NYR/LA] Lias Andersson for 60th overall 2020

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's true...and I think the bottom 6 (I see Lias as 3rd line LW or C) has lacked a player that has both 60 grade sandpaper + skill in like forever. The bottom 6 players either
had 1 or the other - or neither!! Futa called him 'nasty'

I would love to see the all Sweden line:

Kempe Andersson Grundstrom

or

Fagemo Andersson Grundstrom

Grundstrom is off to a great start in SHL. (higher points per game than Fagemo and Andersson, btw) Putting up great numbers. Recall when Grundstrom had goals in each of his first 2 games? (pretty sure..or 2 in 3 games)
He was playing with Kempe. They had pretty good chemistry. Then they changed the other winger, I think...then Carl had a bad shift or 2 and never again got a great chance
with consistent limemates. (and yet may have been the best player with the Reign - except when Vilardi played again) Give Carl a real shot and with Kempe and Andersson,
Please!

2020-21
1.png
IF Björklöven
HockeyAllsvenskan10268124
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Man, either one of those is a realistic NHL 3rd line, that's fantastic. Nice and gritty too.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Grundstrom is off to a great start in SHL. (higher points per game than Fagemo and Andersson, btw) Putting up great numbers.

2020-21
1.png
IF Björklöven
HockeyAllsvenskan10268124
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Grundstrom, like Fagemo, is in the Allsvenskan league, which is Sweden's equivalent of the AHL.

Only Bjornfot, Andersson, and Grans are in the SHL.

Sodergran, Fagemo, and Grundstrom are in Allsvenskan.

In Finland, Nousiainen and Moverare are in Liiga (highest level in Finland). Simontaival and Markkanen are in the minors (Mestis). Jämsen is in juniors

Token

May 15, 2019
Grundstrom, like Fagemo, is in the Allsvenskan league, which is Sweden's equivalent of the AHL.
Except SHL teams can relegate to Allsvenskan and vice versa.

I don’t think SHL and Allsvenskan are as far apart as NHL and AHL.

it’s more of a top-14 NHL teams vs. bottom-17 NHL teams.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Grundström has been okay, but I think below expectations. He should stick out at this level but he doesn't, at least not yet.

Might not be completely fair to him as he is more of a complementary type of player and not a dynamic scorer but I'd like to see more assertiveness and determination in his play.

Reactions: BlackMetalED

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Karjala Cup

Lias Andersson stats

vs. Czech, 0+0=0, o PIM
TOI 18.11
FaceOffs 7 w - 14 L (33,3 %)
1 shot (saved)

vs. RussiaU20, 0+0=0, 0 PIM
TOI 15.49
FaceOffs 9 W - 9 L (50 %)
0+0=0, o PIM
1 shot (wide)

vs. Finland, 0+0=0, o PIM
TOI 13.14
FaceOffs 3 W - 9 L (25%)
1 shot (blocked)

3 GP 0+0=0, 0 PIM, +/- 0
TOI/GP 15.44 (TOI 47.14)
1 SOG

Team Sweden didn't have a good tournament and Lias Andersson didn't impress me at all. He didn't got SH-time, but got PP-time (PP2). Made a couple good, smart passes, but was mostly pretty invisible. Defensively OK. I didn't notice nastiness/sandpaper/grit/a net front presence in his game and that was a really big disappoinment.

Sorry, but I just doesn't know what his role could be in the NHL. Top 6 player, scorer? He is now 22 years old and in my mind is worrisome, that he could't score any points against very average/below average teams (Czech, Russia U20, Finland). He couldn't score in the AHL and he is not a big scorer in Sweden (Elitserien).

Bottom 6 player, defensively responsible forward? Does he accept that role? I really hope so, because I don't belive, that he will ever be a top 6 player in the NHL. I really liked him, when he was younger (WJC 17, WJC 18), but maybye he is one of these players, who is not capable of taking the next step.

If I have to choose between Lias Andersson and Yegor Sokolov (Ottawa's 2nd round pick, #61) I would definitely take Sokolov. But if I have to choose between Lias Anderson and Alex Laferriere (Kings 3rd round pick, #83) I would take Andersson.

Reactions: BigBrown

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Karjala Cup

Lias Andersson stats

vs. Czech, 0+0=0, o PIM
TOI 18.11
FaceOffs 7 w - 14 L (33,3 %)
1 shot (saved)

vs. RussiaU20, 0+0=0, 0 PIM
TOI 15.49
FaceOffs 9 W - 9 L (50 %)
0+0=0, o PIM
1 shot (wide)

vs. Finland, 0+0=0, o PIM
TOI 13.14
FaceOffs 3 W - 9 L (25%)
1 shot (blocked)

3 GP 0+0=0, 0 PIM, +/- 0
TOI/GP 15.44 (TOI 47.14)
1 SOG

Team Sweden didn't have a good tournament and Lias Andersson didn't impress me at all. He didn't got SH-time, but got PP-time (PP2). Made a couple good, smart passes, but was mostly pretty invisible. Defensively OK. I didn't notice nastiness/sandpaper/grit/a net front presence in his game and that was a really big disappoinment.

Sorry, but I just doesn't know what his role could be in the NHL. Top 6 player, scorer? He is now 22 years old and in my mind is worrisome, that he could't score any points against very average/below average teams (Czech, Russia U20, Finland). He couldn't score in the AHL and he is not a big scorer in Sweden (Elitserien).

Bottom 6 player, defensively responsible forward? Does he accept that role? I really hope so, because I don't belive, that he will ever be a top 6 player in the NHL. I really liked him, when he was younger (WJC 17, WJC 18), but maybye he is one of these players, who is not capable of taking the next step.

If I have to choose between Lias Andersson and Yegor Sokolov (Ottawa's 2nd round pick, #61) I would definitely take Sokolov. But if I have to choose between Lias Anderson and Alex Laferriere (Kings 3rd round pick, #83) I would take Andersson.

The bigger question is whether Andersson is better than anyone taken before Simontaival at 66.

60. Cuylle
61. Sokolov
62. Goncalves
63. Sobrango
64. Niemela
65. Hunt
66. Simontaival

Lots of other guys I liked in the third though. Cormier, Poirier, Daws, Viro, Jurmo. We’ll see.

Andersson has six points in eight games with HV-71 though. A three game sample size isn’t too alarming.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
He had a disappointing Karjala Cup, as did the whole team. Team Sweden has finished in last place four out of the last five years so it's a returning theme. Winning and scoring is certainly preferable to losing and not scoring, but it's essentially an exhibition game tournament so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The bigger question is whether Andersson is better than anyone taken before Simontaival at 66.

60. Cuylle
61. Sokolov
62. Goncalves
63. Sobrango
64. Niemela
65. Hunt
66. Simontaival

Lots of other guys I liked in the third though. Cormier, Poirier, Daws, Viro, Jurmo. We’ll see.

Andersson has six points in eight games with HV-71 though. A three game sample size isn’t too alarming.

I was really high on Niemela and was a little grumpy we missed him..but even so, if the Kings staff was this high on LA that they're still chasing him around a few years later and can get him for a 3rd, it's not really unlike a guy re-entering the draft. I think they've earned our trust on these calls. Look at how we feel about Madden, which is a similar situation (minus the stories)--LA was high enough on him before that he was still a target in trade.

I definitely put more stock in that then yet another tournament, god the reactions to these things are getting insufferable. Edit: not the reactions, but the projections based on the tournament.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
dude over at @TheDraftAnalyst (happens to be a ranger fan too) says LA was "slow as shit and ineffective as shit" as a ranger. Dude is pretty spot on about most things he talks about hockey wise.

Hopefully this works out for the kings.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
dude over at @TheDraftAnalyst (happens to be a ranger fan too) says LA was "slow as shit and ineffective as shit" as a ranger. Dude is pretty spot on about most things he talks about hockey wise.

Hopefully this works out for the kings.

They're always going to look at it through the lens of the #7 OA pick.

Lias could go on to be a 20-20-40 guy and they'd crap on him and technically probably not be wrong from their perspective. But he's a 3rd round pick from ours. I have faith in Yanetti, our structure/support systems, leadership, and his likely depth role. And he brings a presence within 10ft of the net which is a nice diverse skillset from some of our other prospects who are flying around with high skill and speed.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
They're always going to look at it through the lens of the #7 OA pick.

Lias could go on to be a 20-20-40 guy and they'd crap on him and technically probably not be wrong from their perspective. But he's a 3rd round pick from ours. I have faith in Yanetti, our structure/support systems, leadership, and his likely depth role. And he brings a presence within 10ft of the net which is a nice diverse skillset from some of our other prospects who are flying around with high skill and speed.

Trevor Lewis is a good example. Disappointing for a first round pick because he wasn’t flashy, but 674 NHL games and two Stanley Cups is no joke! If Andersson matches Lewis’ career, I would still be ecstatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00