Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Kalle Vaisanen signs ELC with the Rangers (3 years, $863.333k AAV; begins 2024-25)

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
These players rarely ever work out so Leafs fans Rangers fans, lower your expectations. It never hurts to have a free asset but he will likely end up being an AHL'r who may get the odd call up.

Great if he becomes more but realistically the odds are against him here.
:sarcasm:

As always, free wallet signing your prospect is never a bad thing!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I like this kid a lot too. Like chmelar, both big kids that play the game the right way with good wheels and good hands and take the body…..
NYR will have 2 very good 3rd line/bottom 6 players if both or 1 can pan out.
I can’t remember the last time I have been this excited about the combo of young NHLers and prospects in our system.
Add them to Perrault/sykora/Othmann/Berard/edstrom/laf/kakko cuylle/ etc
That’s a solid pipeline of cheap youth to draw from

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like this kid a lot too. Like chmelar, both big kids that play the game the right way with good wheels and good hands and take the body…..
NYR will have 2 very good 3rd line/bottom 6 players if both or 1 can pan out.
I can’t remember the last time I have been this excited about the combo of young NHLers and prospects in our system.
Add them to Perrault/sykora/Othmann/Berard/edstrom/laf/kakko cuylle/ etc
That’s a solid pipeline of cheap youth to draw from
I don't think he has anywhere near the wheels of Chmelar.

I have some hope for Chmelar. This guy and Mancini I see almost no chance.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Kinda lame when the annoucement photo has his name spelled the correct the way, then the twitter post itself has no umlauts and just a straight up typo in his last name, lmao.
That's what the "x" stands for in the Twitter profile name. X for cross-eyed.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kinda lame when the annoucement photo has his name spelled the correct way, then the twitter post itself has no umlauts and just a straight up typo in his last name, lmao.
Kinda bizarre that an entity as big as the rangers doesn't perform a 2-second spell check. But disrespecting Finnish names is nothing new for NYR.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't think he has anywhere near the wheels of Chmelar.

I have some hope for Chmelar. This guy and Mancini I see almost no chance.
I agree, don't really see NHL upside in this kid. He's big, physical, good forechecker and there are some flashes of offensive skill here and there but he's kinda sluggish and not consistent enough (although he's generally playing bottom six minutes which doesn't help). Clearly the Rangers still see something in him but at this point he looks like one of those long term projects who couldn't develop enough around those few select tools that got him drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad