Pre-Game Talk: NYR @ CHI 3/8/15 (Sun) 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
IMO Kreider has to be first power play. Next to Brass and Zucc, he's our most efficient forward with the extra man, and nobody's a better power play goal getter than him on our team.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'd be surprised if Hayes doesn't get the Schultz treatment.

I doubt we'll hear anything. Too many fairweather Hawks fans to take notice of who Hayes is. The media also didn't depict him in a negative manner as opposed to Schultz when he signed.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Tell me more about these plots -

is the blue line a running average?

and you want to be in the lower right?

thanks.

it can be hard to keep up.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Tell me more about these plots -

is the blue line a running average?

and you want to be in the lower right?

thanks.

it can be hard to keep up.

The blue line is the rolling average. The Y axis is CA per minute and the X axis is CF per minute. The line going up indicates your CA is going up (bad), and the line going down indicates the opposite (good). The line going right indicates your CF per minute is going up (good), and the line going left is the opposite (bad). It shows that Klein had a REALLY good stretch of both, before he started trending up and left recently, indicating he's getting worse on both sides of the puck.

With Boyle, it indicates his CA rate went down and back up, while his CF rate has been improving all year.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The blue line is the rolling average. The Y axis is CA per minute and the X axis is CF per minute. The line going up indicates your CA is going up (bad), and the line going down indicates the opposite (good). The line going right indicates your CF per minute is going up (good), and the line going left is the opposite (bad). It shows that Klein had a REALLY good stretch of both, before he started trending up and left recently, indicating he's getting worse on both sides of the puck.

With Boyle, it indicates his CA rate went down and back up, while his CF rate has been improving all year.
Pls post link.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Chi needed OT to beat the team where talent comes to dry up last night. Did not see the game, but based on result I'm guessing that was not an impressive effort. Hopefully they continue down the same path tomorrow.

3-1 Rangers, two goals with Brass assists.

On the surface it looks that way, however that wasn't the case. Chicago controlled the game for the most part in periods 1 and 2. And in the 3rd they really turned it on. They flat out dominated. Ben Scrivens was the difference. He was incredible, possibly his best performance of the season. Chicago hit post and had high quality chances but the puck just wasn't bouncing their way and going in. It took a screen by Scrivens own defenseman for Seabrook's slapper to beat him in the 3rd to tie it. But still Chicago was very good. Hossa specifically was awesome, he had great legs in that game. Keith, Hjalmarsson, Rosie, and Seabrook were all solid. Runblad was too in fact. Timmonen's minutes were sheltered, still looks rusty. Shaw is a pest. Saad is a solid player. Vermette played his normal game. Even without Kane this will be a tough matchup. I think Oduya is out. Crawford was solid in net.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Nash needs to be a 40 goal scorer by the end of this game. We've had plenty of time off since detroit and his "injury" time to go back into beast mode.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
DST has started in the US, right? So the game starts at 0:30 CET. Take note European Rangers fans!

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
#NYR PPs today at practice: McDonagh-Yandle, Kreider-Stepan-St. Louis; Boyle-Girardi, Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
— Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) March 7, 2015

Worth a try. Both Mcd and Girardi aren't exactly a great puck possessing dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad