Confirmed Trade: [NYI/TOR] Pierre Engvall for 2024 3rd round pick

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Appreciate the candor. I really mean this, if The Leafs had somehow found a way to keep their depth players. And they had a lot of quality depth. Kadri, Hyman, Brown, even when they acquired Mcann. They had Matt Martin and gave him away. I could see this team winning the cup. I agree 100% you need your depth players in the playoffs. What could have been I suppose. Sure Engvall could have produced more in the playoffs, but I am not sure this is the reason the Leafs have failed. Maybe the coach could double shift Marner with Engvall, Sorry I don't see Kampf productive even if he played with Marner. But Engvall there is certainly a chance to produce if he played a smidgeon with Marner.

It's not so much that Engvall could have produced more in the playoffs.

It's that could have produced at all.

In 17 playoff games the man doesn't have a single goal

Engvall gave them NOTHING come playoff time.

And considering they lost to both Tampa and Montreal by literally ONE goal that should show you how useless he is.

If he gives them ONE goal they don't lose to Tampa.

If he gives them ONE goal they don't lose to Montreal.

But come playoff time he provides nothing.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Is this thread just non Leafs fans acting like Engvall is amazing and that the Leafs messed up trading him even though they probably didn't know who he was until the trade? And if they did, they thought he was trash? Am I right?

• Haha
Reactions: 1specter

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Surprised there's people talking about Engvall. He's both nothing special and not terrible. Just a guy. Neither team did badly here. Surplus guy goes to team with less depth for fair value.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad