- Adam Pelech
- Alan Quine
- Shane Prince
- Josh Ho-Sang

To NYI:
- Oliver Ekman-Larsen
- Niklas Hjalmarson

================================

If not acceptable, OEL must be part of any deal-so make me an offer...

Reactions: IODCPiper

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Surely you have to know this isn't going to be enough.

Room the quantity that carries little value and it should be painfully obvious that this comes nowhere close.

I'm not even an Islanders fan but this proposal is just gross.

Reactions: THall4

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Surely you have to know this isn't going to be enough. Room the quantity that carries little value and it should be painfully obvious that this comes nowhere close. I'm not even an Islanders fan but this proposal is just gross.

2 first round picks, a consistent 20 goal scorer, and a blue chip prospect? I'll throw in another blue chipper in Dal Colle plus a second rounder in 2019.

Given that this is a strong draft, OEL is highly unlikely to re-sign, and several of those players are coming off contracts, I think it is rather reasonable.

Reactions: IODCPiper

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Way too much quantity and not enough quality. My suggestion would be to put together an offer for OEL only with no more then 3 pieces. Or Hjalmarson only with no more then 2 pieces.

The extras are throw ins coming to the end of their contracts, which would allow ARI to clear some cap space. I like NH but his is already past 30, so him alone isn't getting two #1 picks.

For NH I'll send Nelson and JHS.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
2 first round picks, a consistent 20 goal scorer, and a blue chip prospect? I'll throw in another blue chipper in Dal Colle plus a second rounder in 2019.

Given that this is a strong draft, OEL is highly unlikely to re-sign, and several of those players are coming off contracts, I think it is rather reasonable.
Dal Colle a blue chip prospect? Thanks for the laugh

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think Hjalmarsson and Richardson would be excellent deadline acquisitions for the Islanders - but only if Hjalmarsson says he wants out (which isn't unthinkable, given how the season has gone).

But it sounds like NYI fans want to just go with what they have, and then see if Tavares and Bailey re-sign, rather than giving up any assets and making a playoff push this year.

Reactions: SI90

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

You're asking for a #1D in his early prime, + quality defensive D-man,

These trades need to hurt badly and you're not hurting after this.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Quine and Prince are waiver bait. Take them out. Nelson and Hickey are players I'd rather not have in the deal.

Nelson can score some goals but is very frustrating. He's maybe worth a change of scenery dice roll but I wouldn't trade anything like OEL for him. He's a fine goal scorer but a low energy, big soft player from what I've seen. He also doesn't seem like a very good center. He's an awkward player.

I've never been impressed with Hickey. He was an absolute train wreck the last time I saw him. Strikes me as very mediocre and lucky to be hanging around.

The deal is actually more appealing if you dump those four players out of it. Even then, I wouldnt trade OEL alone for two 1sts, Pelech, and JHS. Especially given that there is a 0% chance Chayka has any interest in Ho-Sang at this point. We just unloaded that Duclair baggage. Ho-Sang seems to be that but 10x worse. We aren't looking to add a guy who's head coach tells the media he's an immature baby.

Pelech is fine but. He'll never be better than Goligoski or Chychrun. That's a 3rd pair guy for us for years then. Not valuable to us.

Replace JHS with Bellows and Pelech with Pulock and that's worth discussing.

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
too many pieces but honestly not a bad haul for the Yotes. But i guess they would want more established players and fewer picks+prospects

Reactions: Heldig

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
To ARI:
- both first round picks in 2018
- Brock Nelson
- Thomas Hickey
- Adam Pelech
- Alan Quine
- Shane Prince
- Josh Ho-Sang

To NYI:
- Oliver Ekman-Larsen
- Niklas Hjalmarson

That's not even close.
Why bother throwing in all those bodies? Only two of them have any significant value and even then, mid-range at best.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
If Tavares re-signs, would NYI be interested in working out a contract extension with OEL and doing a trade for Barzal?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Arizona fans have it worse than any other fan base right now. I feel bad for you guys and what you have to go through on these boards

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Arizona fans have it worse than any other fan base right now. I feel bad for you guys and what you have to go through on these boards
Don't feel bad. Chayka isn't stupid and has made some good trades. Hammer for Murphy was a steal, Raanta/Stepan for DeAngelo/7th was a good move too. If Chayka trades OEL or Hammer, which I highly doubt, the fan base of the trading partner will hate what they have to give up. It won't be parts and picks.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
To ARI:
- both first round picks in 2018
- Brock Nelson
- Thomas Hickey
- Adam Pelech
- Alan Quine
- Shane Prince
- Josh Ho-Sang

To NYI:
- Oliver Ekman-Larsen
- Niklas Hjalmarson

Not a very good package. Don't see Arizona accepting that.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Way too much quantity and not enough quality.

My suggestion would be to put together an offer for OEL only with no more then 3 pieces. Or Hjalmarson only with no more then 2 pieces.

Agreed. Looking like the type of trade fellow Leaf nation members often make. An old expression comes to mind" the team that lands the best player wins the deal".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->