Confirmed Trade: [NYI/OTT] Braydon Coburn for 2022 7th round pick

Abradolf Lincler

Emancipating your inferior genes
Nov 16, 2011
NC
Look at that stacked team he had. Missing the finals was a failure. He should have been fired.

The Islanders were stacked compared to Tampa?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Thrasymachus

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
i completely understand your comment and believe this is what NHL GMs are thinking too. I dont understand how a GM doesnt believe their season is over tho, if you are in the playoffs and have enough injuries that you are playing Coburn. If it gets to that point your team is eliminated and just doesnt know it yet. Also understand a 7th round pick does not matter.
You can say that about any team. If one of your top 6 goes down and Coburn has to play full time, yes, your season is probably done. But as a depth guy that MAYBE sees a couple games, you could do much worse

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
a 7th? Basically a waiver claim for a guy who's probably not gonna play anyway. Meh, depth for us.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Welcome to the team, Braydon. Now go sit over there and watch. We'll call you if we need you.

Hey #16 down on the end ! Can you stand up so Braydon can sit . You’ve been sitting for years now . Sit on the floor if you have to .

Reactions: Chardo

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Did Lou trade for Coburn as a player Scout or 7th D man foreseeing a potential match up against TB in the final 4? If it is for the former, or both, this is a macro level genius level of Managing. Coburn spent 6 full seasons with TB. I am sure he knows all the moves of TB's players. Any other GM, maybe not. Lou? You never know.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Did Lou trade for Coburn as a player Scout or 7th D man foreseeing a potential match up against TB in the final 4? If it is for the former, or both, this is a macro level genius level of Managing. Coburn spent 6 full seasons with TB. I am sure he knows all the moves of TB's players. Any other GM, maybe not. Lou? You never know.

Yah those Tampa players probably spent years going right around him at practice making him look terrible. Now they get to do it in an NHL playoff series :naughty:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yah those Tampa players probably spent years going right around him at practice making him look terrible. Now they get to do it in an NHL playoff series :naughty:
Or what better scout to have than a player that has watched, played and practiced with them for over 6 years? This type of knowledge is more in depth than sending a pro scout to scout TB playoff games. And why not both? It may mean nothing, it may mean something. If you are not a GM that is looking for an edge, you are probably not a very good GM. It's all about getting an edge to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad