Confirmed with Link: [NYI/MIN] Cal Clutterbuck + 2013 3rd for Nino Niederreiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Not sure how I feel about this initially, just knowing Nino really didn't develop well on Long Island, but considering Clutterbucks marginal value has the potential to be an absolute steel.

Nino is still really young...rushed into NHL his first year but had a good year last year.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Loved Nino in his draft year but his lack of progress is disappointing. He's getting a fresh start and if he bounces back to form, this could be a steal.

It's no secret I thought Clutter was overrated, especially the last couple years he stalled and regressed in terms of his play.

I also think it's a huge bust potential for Nino essentially becoming another James Sheppard, Benoit Pouliot type who's just unable to bring it at the NHL level.

BUT I love that Fletcher rolled the dice with a potential top six scoring winger rather than say a 2nd and an AHL'er.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Congrats, nino has a lot of upside but was fustrated by his lack of playing time in the nhl. I think he was mishandled a bit by the isles. Best of luck with him

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Congrats on fleecing us!

What can we expect from Clutterbuck?

A motor that doesn't stop, and shots high glove side if he can get it on net. Can't pass for crap, but has good speed. Opposition fans claim foul on hits, but his hits are clean overall, he just finishes most checks...though his hit rate has slowed the past two years.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I was disappointed when we couldn't get Nino in 2010. Interesting to see how he does with us and where he slots in next season.

Did not expect that much for Clutter and 3rd.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Still a great deal. Absolutely just what the Wild need, an agile skilled offensive contributer.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
We just got a 5th overall pick from just 3 years ago for a 3/4th liner and a third. Although I wish we would've kept 70 and given them 81. Great deal for the Wild.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Nino was excelent at this years WC. (Where the swiss finished 2nd) He´s not yet a bust.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No but Chuck Fletcher is probably a bad GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad