Proposal: NYI CHI deal

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
NYI only has 21 players signed with less than $4 million left in cap space plus Matthew Barzal is still unsigned so they need help

How about this?

Casey Cizikas at $3.35 million for one more year, a 2022 2nd(better of NYI or COL picks) and a 2021 4th
For
Nick Seeler at $725,000 for one more year and a 2021 7th

I believe it's save NYI another $2.75 million and still leave CHI with about $3 million to sign Strome

What ya think?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I have no idea what the market is for ~$2.6M. We don't need Cizikas (unless we trade Strome), so the whole deal rides on the pick. It won't be Colorado's. The Isles' pick will probably be mid-round, at best. So, ~#46 or worse. I'd like to think we could do better, but who knows?

On second thought, the Isles can bury Seeler, so that would enable them to free up the full $3.35M.

Last edited:

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
For maybe the first time in my life, I think the Hawks actually have too many centers.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Do the Islanders not have their 2nd round pick for this year? I don't think the Hawks would care so much about a pick 2 years away. I think the trade works if it's a 2021 2nd and a 2022 4th.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
Islanders say no
Agreed, pretty much everyone considers him the best 4th line center in the league, and obviously especially the Islanders. Their team strategy is really built around that 4th line winning battles and matching up, so (it's weird to say), but getting rid of their very expensive 4th line center is going to be really far down their list of hopeful outcomes.

Of course, they very badly need to shed salary, but if they're throwing a 2nd and a 4th in, I think they'll have takers on significantly less important players to them like Komorov and Hickey. Obviously they'd love to shed Ladd or Boychuk, but that's going to take a lot more sweetener.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I mean Cizikas is like 800 billion times better than Kampf so I don't think that's the problem.

Carpenter
Shaw (if healthy)
Kampf
Wallmark
Janmark
Smith

They've all played center at different points in their careers.
Adding a $3.35M 4th line center makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad