Proposal: NYI-CGY

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Haha funny thing is you're a Flames fan, Brodie alone gets a 12-20 OA pick, I don't think Calgary would wreck their defense this badly for a 1st even if its a top 10

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
So all in all we give them Brodie and 2 2nds out of the goodness of our hearts? Seems like a good plan. I like this new direction for the team.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
Haha funny thing is you're a Flames fan, Brodie alone gets a 12-20 OA pick, I don't think Calgary would wreck their defense this badly for a 1st even if its a top 10

Flames fan who has watched every game and knows damn right that those two are not worth more than a 2nd each. Brodie is awful defensively and Hamonic is at best a 5th Dmen. Plus i will not forgive this franchise if it just so happens that the Isles win the lottery with out pick

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
So all in all we give them Brodie and 2 2nds out of the goodness of our hearts? Seems like a good plan. I like this new direction for the team.

Well Treliving made a huge mistake. This will go down as the worst trades in franchise history if Islander get Dahlin with out pick

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Travis Hamonic and Tj Brodie for Calgary's first tound pick back
I do not want the struggling Brodie.

I do miss Hamonic, but after a bad final season on LI and a slow start/inconsistent season in Calgary, probably best to move on.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
all things being equal as an Isles fan id love that,but Hamonis is there for a reason. if you traded him to anywhere but winnipeg,( ie closer to home) i seriously doubt he'd report. he loved being an islander. but family is that important to him. his mother as a single parent of 3, since Travis was 9 has earned that respect.

snow traded him out of loyalty to a player he drafted and was a true warrior for us. but his mothers dimentia and travisoverwhelming concern for her was affecting his play. and possibly still does. this is a young man who actively acts as a mentor for fatherless children so its impossible not to feel compassion for his situation

Last edited:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Well Treliving made a huge mistake. This will go down as the worst trades in franchise history if Islander get Dahlin with out pick
Yea just blame Treliving , lol , because it's not like Burke had experience dealing unprotected 1st round picks .

Just wait for the dog and pony show Burke puts on to defend dealing the pick regardless of where it ends up .

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Flames fan who has watched every game and knows damn right that those two are not worth more than a 2nd each. Brodie is awful defensively and Hamonic is at best a 5th Dmen. Plus i will not forgive this franchise if it just so happens that the Isles win the lottery with out pick

Hamonic is a strong shutdown defenseman, top 4(#4), while Brodie is undoubtedly a #3 (good)/#4 (great)

Just a few dmen traded in the last 4 years, Hamonic Hamonic(1st + 2 2nds), Hamilton (1st + 2nd + 3rd I think was the final trade?), Larsson (basically Hamonic)(Taylor Hall), Vatanen (small pluses) for Henrique (bigger pluses), Seth Jones for RyJo, Weber for Subban, Yandle got what 1st + b prospect + a conditional mid (3rd? I think) pick, McDonough got a 1st+ 3rd + 2nd/1st + prospects Howden and Hajek I'm pretty sure?

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
Hamonic is a strong shutdown defenseman, top 4(#4), while Brodie is undoubtedly a #3 (good)/#4 (great)

Just a few dmen traded in the last 4 years, Hamonic Hamonic(1st + 2 2nds), Hamilton (1st + 2nd + 3rd I think was the final trade?), Larsson (basically Hamonic)(Taylor Hall), Vatanen (small pluses) for Henrique (bigger pluses), Seth Jones for RyJo, Weber for Subban, Yandle got what 1st + b prospect + a conditional mid (3rd? I think) pick, McDonough got a 1st+ 3rd + 2nd/1st + prospects Howden and Hajek I'm pretty sure?

So what im getting is Brodie for a 1st and two 2nds. lmfao yeah goodluck with that bud

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
So what im getting is Brodie for a 1st and two 2nds. lmfao yeah goodluck with that bud

No what im saying is that two top 4 dmen would bring back more than 1 single 1st round pick, If we were to deal Brodie, I'd prefer either a Ryjo/Jones or Hall/Larsson type swap for a RHS RW or a late lottery pick (12-20) and maybe a small add like a 3rd or B level prospect, GMBT won't trade Hamonic unless he's getting back what he paid for him, no GM wants to show they lost a trade especially in this type of TRADE basically Flames gifting NYI for "borrowing" Hamonic

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
No what im saying is that two top 4 dmen would bring back more than 1 single 1st round pick, If we were to deal Brodie, I'd prefer either a Ryjo/Jones or Hall/Larsson type swap for a RHS RW or a late lottery pick (12-20) and maybe a small add like a 3rd or B level prospect, GMBT won't trade Hamonic unless he's getting back what he paid for him, no GM wants to show they lost a trade especially in this type of TRADE basically Flames gifting NYI for "borrowing" Hamonic

I really hope so. I personally would be shocked if we got more than a late first for either one of them but im hope im proven wrong. I know one thing though, either one of them is getting traded in the off season

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I really hope so. I personally would be shocked if we got more than a late first for either one of them but im hope im proven wrong. I know one thing though, either one of them is getting traded in the off season

ONE of them, not both, so you don't even bother looking at past trades to make your proposal? Buffalo would make the most sense targetting two top 4 dmen, and i don't think there would be a fair 2 for 2 swap that could be talked about on this trade forum, But why would cCalgary move not 1 but 2 top 4 dmen? We'd have two rooks om the club, 1 who would presumably have to take on a top 4 role because i don't see Kulak stepping up that much, Stone could carry the load but he'd need a great Kylington to make a huge step forward, I think Valimaki needs another year developing minimum, Andersson is a candidate to step up if he excells the first few months, but here's my d lines if we traded both for forwards/high picks,
Gio-Ham
Kylington-Stone
Kulak-Andersson

Andersson/Kylington could get #2PP time, Kulak could step into the PK, I'd prefer the rooks get a couple weeks learning the defensive game at this level before getting PK time.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Hamonic is a very good #3 who could play on the top pairing of a lot of teams in this league. He is worth a hell of a lot more than a 2nd.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Well...it's bound to happen ..I do not remember any unprotected first obtained from a trade that has won the lottery.

I can assure you that if it happens to the Isles from Calgary's pick, there will be no future first round picks traded that won't be unprotected ever again league-wide.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Ouch. Yeah how about we get a coach that lets us play to our strengths before desimating our blue line for a mediocre pick.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Certain Flames fans seem way too motivated on getting "their" pick back, for some weird karmic reason that will realign the planets and bring harmony to all or whatever. As of now, we really need those two top-15 1sts to address holes in our organization, so in terms of looking for some sort of mulligan, it just doesn't seem very likely.

Stop obsessing over making sure to get your pick and only your pick back from the Islanders, and instead try to find a team in the same position you guys were in last year: confident in their team moving forward and willing to give up a 1st rounder+ to add a guy like Brodie to the team.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Even if we miraculously lose every single game to finish the season we wont be under 6th last, so we'd have to miraculously win the lottery from there for NYI to get Dahlin with our pick, as of right now NYI's 1st rounder has a higher chance at winning the lottery, if ours is in the top 5 we obviously lose the trade big time, imo if it was a 1st and 2nd for Hamonic it would of been fair market value, but the Oilers and others were in the Hamonic sweepstakes, Calgary overpaid so Edmonton wouldn't get him, Edmomton's defense would look better with Hamonic and Calgary's defense would look worse.

Reactions: Riseonfire

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Brodie + Stone for Flames 1st + Ho Sang and I’d do it. Might even replace Stone with Fox depending on the pick

Last edited:
Reactions: MoneyHandsMonahan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad