OT: NYG GM Gettleman inspired by Lamoriello on what it means to be a team.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Those not familiar the Giants GM Gettleman has been battling cancer and is currently on Chemo. He’s in high spirits and it’s great to see him doing well.

I thought it was awesome that he mentioned Lamoriello and the islanders on about what it means to be a team. As a giants fan and die hard isles fan his really pumped me up. Awesome to see That others believe no one player is above the team.
Gettleman mentions isles and Lamoriello at around the 2:08 mark

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Nice shoutout.

I liked Lou's 'congrats to John on his individual success' because that's all it was in the end.

I know people are sour in this day and age on Martin, Komarov etc.

But if you listen to any interview with a player those guys still matter. I was just listening to Lucic talk about the Bruins on Barstool's Spittin Chicklets and Joel Edmundson as well and they praise guys like Upshall, Thornton, Hnidy etc (Recchi, Savard and Z too) but you forget sometimes about the team and the culture. Losing Okposo, Nielsen, Hammer, Martin saw some culture lost and nobody stepped up. Two years in a row of underachieving and that's culture from GM down to Bridgeport and everything in between.

Get the team back and on the same page.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad