GDT: NXT TakeOver: Toronto (10th Auguest 2019)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I ask again.. why would you not go?

Its summer in Toronto. We only get so many opportunities to spend the weekend at the lake. I think its a mistake to do Summer Slam here. Should either do Survivor Series or Wrestlemania, but not Summer Slam.

Plus I am just not a big wrestling fan. I am extremely casual and TBH I mostly just pay attention to laugh at it.

I am tempted though. When I had the WWE Network the NXT PPVs were always far and away the best content, like confusingly good because everything else sucked so much.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Its summer in Toronto. We only get so many opportunities to spend the weekend at the lake. I think its a mistake to do Summer Slam here. Should either do Survivor Series or Wrestlemania, but not Summer Slam.

Plus I am just not a big wrestling fan. I am extremely casual and TBH I mostly just pay attention to laugh at it.

I am tempted though. When I had the WWE Network the NXT PPVs were always far and away the best content, like confusingly good because everything else sucked so much.
Actually a nice take from an outsider's perspective of Toronto. I didn't know that. Touche.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Actually a nice take from an outsider's perspective of Toronto. I didn't know that. Touche.

There are areas of the downtown not far from the ACC that are practically a ghost town on summer weekends.

I'm sitting here hovering my mouse over a $50 ticket with a pretty good sightline. :scared:

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

I'm excited for Takeover Boston next year, but the only thing is I have no family or friends who watch wrestling and I won't be able to drive. So it might take some bribery to get someone to take me.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Lowest price I see on StubHub right now is $16.05 for a ticket in the balcony. It's almost worth it just to get a souvenir.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I got last minute tickets in the 100 section for $22 USD on the Game Time app. Originally in the 300 section but they upgraded the tickets at no extra cost. A little worried about its legitimacy, but if it's legitimate, Game Time is awesome. It would be ny first NXT show.

Tickets on there are going for $5 in the 300 section.

Hope I'm not getting screwed.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I got last minute tickets in the 100 section for $22 USD on the Game Time app. Originally in the 300 section but they upgraded the tickets at no extra cost. A little worried about its legitimacy, but if it's legitimate, Game Time is awesome. It would be ny first NXT show.

Tickets on there are going for $5 in the 300 section.

Hope I'm not getting screwed.

I've used Gametime for Jays tickets as well as concert tickets. Never had any issues. :yo:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ask mom and dad if they can pass you their phone for a few hours so you can uber yourself safely back home.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Io/Kairi was originally planned for this show until Kairi was called up according to a source Alvarez says is pretty close to the situation in NXT when he talked about why they taped shows so many weeks in advance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Io/Kairi was originally planned for this show until Kairi was called up according to a source Alvarez says is pretty close to the situation in NXT when he talked about why they taped shows so many weeks in advance.

Dave was talking about Kairi since the previous autumn, but the same with Candice.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
do summerslam pls :)

that card delivers. you know even when youre not sure, nxt always delivers, but the card is actually good so im hyped.
UE with all the belts?
I think so, time they do something else with Velveteen, though I most obviously wouldn't be upset if he kept the belt. Whatever will keep him rolling to the top is cool with me and that's probably what it would take to avoid becoming stale.

What's good with Ciampa now? That matters toward the overall scope of the current NXT, esp with Gargano whether anyone likes it or not.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think so, time they do something else with Velveteen, though I most obviously wouldn't be upset if he kept the belt. Whatever will keep him rolling to the top is cool with me and that's probably what it would take to avoid becoming stale.

What's good with Ciampa now? That matters toward the overall scope of the current NXT, esp with Gargano whether anyone likes it or not.
images
How dare you suggest I lose my North American Championship Title. I will hold on to this belt as long as I feel like it and I will let someone else have it when I choose to let them have it.

...and Stale? ::laughs:: There is nothing stale about me and that's why you and everyone else loves the Dream.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And he was always going to have the surgery, but the injury wasn't supposed to be a 14-month injury. Probably like a 4-6 month injury

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
images
How dare you suggest I lose my North American Championship Title. I will hold on to this belt as long as I feel like it and I will let someone else have it when I choose to let them have it.

...and Stale? ::laughs:: There is nothing stale about me and that's why you and everyone else loves the Dream.
Not here Dream...too many people will have no idea what you're talking about...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad