GDT: NXT TAKEOVER: DALLAS -- April 1, 2016 (10 PM ET) live on the WWE Network

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And MCG hit on it... NO spam finishers or anything like that. That is what made the match really cool.

My favorite spot - the kick to the head when Zayn was going to dive through the ropes for the tornado ddt. The timing was INSANE.

S A W F T*

About to watch the Balor/Joe match again, sober... wonder if it's going to make me more peeved at the 9,000x doctor interference.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Everyone is justifiably marking about Nakamura, but I feel Sami isn't getting enough credit - and not just for this match.

No matter who he wrestles, where they are placed on the card and what the result is, Sami Zayn matches are ALWAYS, at worse, MOTN candidates. He gave us memorable matches with Cesaro, Neville, Owens, Joe, Cena and now Nakamura. He will never be as spectacular as Cesaro, as good a talker as Owens, as much of a beast as Joe, the total package that Cena is or the little ball of charisma and stiffness that is Nakamura, but he will ALWAYS help make them look even better. To me, Sami Zayn is the real MVP. He NEVER disappoints. Great storyteller, great technical wrestler, good enough on the mic, charismatic and lovable and, most importantly, steady and reliable. I can't say that I remember a bad Sami Zayn match.

If used properly on the main roster, he should help elevate A LOT of guys. Working with Zayn is a guaranteed show stealer.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
And MCG hit on it... NO spam finishers or anything like that. That is what made the match really cool.

My favorite spot - the kick to the head when Zayn was going to dive through the ropes for the tornado ddt. The timing was INSANE.

My favourite spot as well and not just from a "wow this was a WONDERFUL move" point of view. Storytelling wise, it elevated Nakamura as it shows his ring awarness and his preparation level. Loved it.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Everyone is justifiably marking about Nakamura, but I feel Sami isn't getting enough credit - and not just for this match.

No matter who he wrestles, where they are placed on the card and what the result is, Sami Zayn matches are ALWAYS, at worse, MOTN candidates. He gave us memorable matches with Cesaro, Neville, Owens, Joe, Cena and now Nakamura. He will never be as spectacular as Cesaro, as good a talker as Owens, as much of a beast as Joe, the total package that Cena is or the little ball of charisma and stiffness that is Nakamura, but he will ALWAYS help make them look even better. To me, Sami Zayn is the real MVP. He NEVER disappoints. Great storyteller, great technical wrestler, good enough on the mic, charismatic and lovable and, most importantly, steady and reliable. I can't say that I remember a bad Sami Zayn match.

If used properly on the main roster, he should help elevate A LOT of guys. Working with Zayn is a guaranteed show stealer.

Amen, brother. Amen. It takes two to tango.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
A Japan show has to happen in the summer or over the holidays if they want eyes on it while it's live.
There's going to be a tour in Japan, and the early plans are meant to be (very non-spoiler spoiler, but there might be a build):

[spoil]Jericho vs Nakamura. Which I'm hyped as **** for.[/spoil]

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
About to watch the Balor/Joe match again, sober... wonder if it's going to make me more peeved at the 9,000x doctor interference.
I didn't actually mind the blood stoppages. It didn't ruin anything for me, it just changed how the story ended up being told. Match was still awesome.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agreed with Kimi. Like I said last night. It actually looked like both guys went even harder due to that blood stoppage. I really liked it.

Joe was a ****ing monster last night. I think that was his best performance I've ever seen. True beast.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

My favourite spot was the blue thunder bomb
I mean, first of all, I absolutely love the move
Secondly, Nakamura making it one of the nearest falls all year
And thirdly, the crowd reaction was absolutely amazing from the count, to the gasp, to the ovation afterwards

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If you had to rank Takeovers.... where would you rank this one? I will need a second watch, but I think I love Brooklyn and this one the most. I also enjoyed Respect.

Boy.. I might have to go through all 10 and see which one I love the most.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Agreed with Kimi. Like I said last night. It actually looked like both guys went even harder due to that blood stoppage. I really liked it.

Joe was a ****ing monster last night. I think that was his best performance I've ever seen. True beast.

Kind of gave it a real feel I guess. But yea, it just kept pissing of Joe and Balor and they just picked it up a notch every stoppage. To me it didn't take away at all.

It was just as great as it could have been without the stoppages imo.

S A W F T*

I've read as many reviews of the show that I could find and have yet to see one person complain about anything.

What a show... thank you based haitch.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He speaks English, yes.

There was a video on WWE's channel where he visited the Performance Centre and his English seemed surprisingly good. I'd imagine after years of facing international opponents, he'd picked up the language enough to communicate with them in the ring.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Sounds like Big Dave gonna likely give it a 4.5 based on his review.

Said his only issue was that it didn't have a certain intensity that the best matches he has seen have.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
In Japan, all the moves have the same names as they do in English. So you just all a match like your'd normally call it. Any big sports you need to plan you just do backstage anyway, and there'll be someone who can translate if there are problems.

But yeah, Nakamura has good English.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I have never seen a Shinsuke Nakamura match, and barely even heard of him before the rumours of him signing with WWE a couple of months ago started. Just by reading his name, I assume it was pronounced "Shin-soo-kay", instead of "Shin-skay". But after seeing him last night, I am immediately a fan of his. They did a great job building him up too. I didn't know much about him, but I could tell he was a star.

Also, I was a big Samoa Joe fan around 2006, but I soon became sick of him and the way he portrayed his character. But he has been awesome as this violent heel in NXT.

I really liked the tag title match. Just hated the "you f'd up" chants. I hate when the smarky fans do that. And they do it with so much energy and enthusiasm. It's a big reason as to why I rarely go to wrestling shows live. I'm sure we're all okay and I don't want to offend anyone, but when I go to a show live, I see way too many of the stereotypical wrestling nerd.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I only got to watch the final two championship matches so far, but they were both spectacular, especially Bayley-Asuka

A friend of mine was watching with me, and she usually doesn't care about wresting, but even she got super into that match, those two tore the roof off

S A W F T*

I only got to watch the final two championship matches so far, but they were both spectacular, especially Bayley-Asuka

A friend of mine was watching with me, and she usually doesn't care about wresting, but even she got super into that match, those two tore the roof off

Go watch Nakamura vs. Zayn.... NAO.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Go watch Nakamura vs. Zayn.... NAO.
tumblr_m31zsypT1i1rt73joo1_250.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad