GDT: NXT TAKEOVER: DALLAS -- April 1, 2016 (10 PM ET) live on the WWE Network

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Another great show

I'm ok with the Aries finish as they were clearly highlighting the size difference. They gotta keep Boring looking strong & Aries can't lose his debut.

AA is awesome but I'm pretty shocked they won. I wonder if Revival is getting called up? I thought they'd play up the vet vs rookie angle more & it'd be a long feud. I don't love AA getting straps so early even though I love them as a team. Revival though? They're next level heels. They're so far ahead of every tag team employed by WWE. They're so damn nuanced.

Zayn vs Nakamura ... 5 stars of course,can't add much to what others said. I think Zayn really stood out. If Vince doesn't see him as a star now he's got no shot.

Joe/Finn, great match, great intensity by 2 pros adapting to a crap situation. I don't know where Joe goes from here now. I think they should just call him up Monday.

Bayley/Asuka - hated the finish. Maybe it's a nitpick but it just kills me. How many times do we watch the ref raise the hand to check when it's clear it's a come back. At least raise her hand & check.
The way the match was booked, Bayley fighting from on top. That's not her style & I just felt like she was losing all along.

I hope Bayley isn't going up now.

Roode, can't wait. NXT is just gonna skyrocket to the moon in 2016.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

TVJefmp.gif

I laughed louder than I should have.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bayley/Asuka - hated the finish. Maybe it's a nitpick but it just kills me. How many times do we watch the ref raise the hand to check when it's clear it's a come back. At least raise her hand & check.
The way the match was booked, Bayley fighting from on top. That's not her style & I just felt like she was losing all along.

I hope Bayley isn't going up now.

They did the same thing with Sami Zayn. I actually like that they do it in NXT, because so many times you'd see guys like Cena wake up after being passed out and start Hulking up.

I don't think Bayley is coming up. Thinking about it, I think this goes trilogy. Not that I advocate 50/50 booking and passing the title around, but in fantasy booking I have Bayley winning the title back (or maybe ambiguous finish), and then go 2 out of 3 falls in Brooklyn, which would then be Bayley's last match. A lot of this mainly because there's no one else right now who is plausible to take the title from the other.

Last edited:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
There is a pretty big gap in credibility between Asuka/Bayley and everyone else. Nia Jax can be put in there as the big challenger but she is not on the level to have a NXT women's main event level match. Emma is the closest one but she's just lost to Asuka a couple of times already.

Going to re-watch Zayn-Nakamura this morning since I can't stop thinking about that match.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Going to re-watch Zayn-Nakamura this morning since I can't stop thinking about that match.

Yep, I liked it even more the 2nd watch. Not having the stream lock up on me 3 times is a big help.

What I liked most is how they didn't fall into any of the modern tropes you often see with multiple kicking out of finishers. Counters galore that look natural. And one more small thing: Nakamura selling his tiredness while going to the top rope. Don't see it often enough.

My only critique might be that the slugfest sequence ran a teensy bit long. But what the hell do I know.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I loved that the match seemingly got stiffer after he busted his nose. Just stomping on Sami's head.

Also Sami with the best way to get out of a triangle. Kick him in the head.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
After having finished this event, there's absolutely no contest

Takeover Dallas>>>>>>>>>>Wrestlemania, and it took half the time to watch

This show was so good that I'm gonna have to keep up on Thursdays now

Zayne V Nakamura was the best wrestling match I've seen in years

Though through the whole show I noticed them using terminology that the company has deemed unacceptable "busted open, wrestler" ect.

Does Vince just not even watch NXT? Or does Triple H just have free reign to run it how he pleases? Either way, I find it very encouraging

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
After having finished this event, there's absolutely no contest

Takeover Dallas>>>>>>>>>>Wrestlemania, and it took half the time to watch

This show was so good that I'm gonna have to keep up on Thursdays now

Zayne V Nakamura was the best wrestling match I've seen in years

Though through the whole show I noticed them using terminology that the company has deemed unacceptable "busted open, wrestler" ect.

Does Vince just not even watch NXT? Or does Triple H just have free reign to run it how he pleases? Either way, I find it very encouraging

NXT is all Triple H.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I would have liked the Bayley/Asuka finish a lot more if we didn't see it so much in the past. It was awesome when Owens beat Zayn by decision, but then Rusev did it to Cena, and Taker did it to Brock....it seems like WWE is to scared to let their fan favorites lose clean so they do this to leave an out.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Observer newsletter saying Vince made the decision not to let HHH come out and welcome the crowd at the start of Takeover like he usually does with his "We are NXT" stuff.

Reasons being the obvious one. He thought it would affect crowd reactions at Mania.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Observer newsletter saying Vince made the decision not to let HHH come out and welcome the crowd at the start of Takeover like he usually does with his "We are NXT" stuff.

Reasons being the obvious one. He thought it would affect crowd reactions at Mania.

Hunter had to be pissed about that. His opening in Brooklyn was awesome

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hunter had to be pissed about that. His opening in Brooklyn was awesome

Ya they were speculating that this might of been some of source between that rumored backstage power issues.

Agree I don't believe Hunter was happy with that at all. Especially because he HAD to know he was about to put on the best card of the year.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Ya they were speculating that this might of been some of source between that rumored backstage power issues.

Agree I don't believe Hunter was happy with that at all. Especially because he HAD to know he was about to put on the best card of the year.

You could even argue the business aspect, they could've likely drawn in more casual viewers if a main eventer of Wrestlemania made an appearance. I mean it probably wouldn't of made a huge difference but still that's just more money for the brand

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You could even argue the business aspect, they could've likely drawn in more casual viewers if a main eventer of Wrestlemania made an appearance. I mean it probably wouldn't of made a huge difference but still that's just more money for the brand

I mean it could be a whole lot of hot air, but some jealously and control issues over HHH's run NXT getting all the praise with the potential MOTY and Vince's Mania getting **** on.

You wonder where this goes as this trend continues and the power dynamic/relationship of Vince and HHH evolves. Like I said maybe nothing at all, but maybe there is some poison in the water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad