NXT Part 7: TAKEOVER PORTLAND!!!! PPV OF THE YEAR COMING UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
HOLY ****. Are you kidding me?!?! Keith Lee vs. DD. These guys are massive dudes putting on a ****ing show. And I loved how they went from slow/storytelling to moves you wouldn't believe. Keith Lee is a ****ing genius of a wrestler. Both guys were tremendous.

This has to be there for MOTY. That was nuts.

edit: What a ****ing episode of NXT. If you can't find an hour for this episode... idk. Ripley, amazing tag, Io, great interview with the Bruiserweight, and a top 5 MOTY candidate. Give me NXT 24/7.

Amazing match, and this is the one thing NXT will have on Wed nights that AEW won't. Outside of Luchasareus they don't have any hosses. I would love a triple threat of Lee/DD/Priest.

I hope there is a plan for Lee, because he needs to be in main events. They sorta started a story with him with branding himself infinite and his little hype package but then he went on to lose 2 matches in a row clean. I would actually team him and Riddle up and let them win the Dusty Classic and eventually take the tag belts. Right now both of those guys seem to be treading water but they deserve a bigger profile.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're getting there with Lee, especially now with 2 hours coming. In all likelihood, he is turning heel as well

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Credits to somebody on Reddit for noticing this:
Royal Rumble Travel Package will be available Thursday, Sept. 12

Royal Rumble travel package includes tickets to Worlds Collide, on Saturday at the arena, which has traditionally been at Axxes. Nothing for Takeover (although, no RAW/SD either). Have to wonder what that means for the future of Takeover. Separating fully from the Big 4/5 PPVs, outside of WrestleMania, I'd assume?

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Amazing match, and this is the one thing NXT will have on Wed nights that AEW won't. Outside of Luchasareus they don't have any hosses. I would love a triple threat of Lee/DD/Priest.

I hope there is a plan for Lee, because he needs to be in main events. They sorta started a story with him with branding himself infinite and his little hype package but then he went on to lose 2 matches in a row clean. I would actually team him and Riddle up and let them win the Dusty Classic and eventually take the tag belts. Right now both of those guys seem to be treading water but they deserve a bigger profile.

We might be talking years and years down the line, but I hope once Riddle and Lee achieve everything in NXT and are on the verge of heading to the main roster, they get the Black/Ricochet thing and just get put in a tag title match to whoop ass.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
They're getting there with Lee, especially now with 2 hours coming. In all likelihood, he is turning heel as well

I hope so.

I actually thought it would of been interesting to have him turn at last Takeover and join UE.

He could act as the muscle for the group since they are all pretty small guys.

Other option would of been of Dijack to join UE (ROH connection) but he seems to be going somewhere with his feast your eyes gimmick.

I am still unsure how Vince hasn't splooged himself once he saw Lee and fast tracked him to the main roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Credits to somebody on Reddit for noticing this:
Royal Rumble Travel Package will be available Thursday, Sept. 12

Royal Rumble travel package includes tickets to Worlds Collide, on Saturday at the arena, which has traditionally been at Axxes. Nothing for Takeover (although, no RAW/SD either). Have to wonder what that means for the future of Takeover. Separating fully from the Big 4/5 PPVs, outside of WrestleMania, I'd assume?
Houston just didn't do a deal for it. They're doing a full weekend in Boston for Summerslam

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Give Rhea the belt.

Also, I take it this is still airing on the network? Not sure if it's on any special channel here in Canada.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
usa is not on canadian tv. so we cant watch the first hour. the 2nd hour will be live on the network. you can if you have it.
next day(thursday) the first hour will be added to the network aswell. (the full 2h show)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I want Asuka vs Shayna. Asuka isn't doing anything on SDL send her back to NXT.

The hype you could have for that match. The undefeated (in NXT) emperess, vs the Submission magician 2 time NXT champ.

Essentially the 2 most dominate women champs in the history of NXT facing off against each other.

Either Shayna gets the huge rub, or Asuka gets back the title and we can get a ton of great feuds, and Io vs Asuka as well!!!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
usa is not on canadian tv. so we cant watch the first hour. the 2nd hour will be live on the network. you can if you have it.
next day(thursday) the first hour will be added to the network aswell. (the full 2h show)
what a shit show.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Indirect Wednesday night war for me, I'm gonna stay home and watch NXT instead of watching Chris Jericho's band who's in town tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad