WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And your fate would be the same as all the other writers who thought they were taking their dream job, only to have everything they write go to ****. And to think - most WWE writers have years of experience AND are fans AND still cannot get their storylines through ole Vince or the many obstacles in their way.

With no experience, degree, or anything... try an indy program if that's your true passion. Maybe build your way up + try to wrestle.

It's more of something I'd do as a hobby. I'd never want to work under Vince if I were a writer though.

I probably would have pursued it at some point if they didn't require television writing experience.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you're sneaking into Full Sail, you're working for Hunter, though. Not Vince.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think it can work. Would create some intersting story lines where the NXT ladies are upset that someone in the MYC jumped infront of them for the title.

The iconic duo could run with it and be PO'd that they work their butts off in NXT and someone without a contract (kayfabe wise) waltz in and gets the title.

You could have someone like Ruby be supportive but wants her title shot now.

Overall it would be a slap in the face since non of these ladies have worked NXT (a few have been jobbers) while someone like Cross or Riot or Royce have battled Asuka and should be theoretically in line for a title shot. Imagine WWE held a tournament with all the best indy guys and then gave one of them the universal title.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I agree with the general idea of that. There are stories you can do by giving the title to the tournament winner that you can't if you keep it 'in house', and some of those might be worth doing.

I'm not sure if doing a story stemming from that is the best idea, but I don't think they should discarded right away.

From a 'pure sport' side, I think having the winner of the tournament face the winner of an NXT tournament would be best. But depending on other plans it might just not be possible. There are a ton of moving parts with the women right now so it's really hard to know what to do when we don't really know who is even signed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would prefer that the winner of the tournament just gets the title shot. But it does make sense that there is a big prize at the end of the tournament.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Maybe have the winner of the tournament face Moon? or maybe have a #1 contenders match on NXT and then both winners (of the MYC and the NXT #1 contenders face each other for the belt)

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm a big Roderick Strong fan in the ring, but good god he's just a guy thats there. He's just so bland...

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yea the dude can go in the ring for sure. Outside of that, I feel nothing for him. Hate his promos and generally kind of groan when he comes out.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm a big Roderick Strong fan in the ring, but good god he's just a guy thats there. He's just so bland...
I think that's why I really like him. He's the perfect bland babyface.

He's not a fake over the top character, he's just a guy who's great at wrestling. He trains all day, them goes home to his family, before doing all again tomorrow. He's an everyman, not a showman.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The 2017 NXT Combine was earlier this week at the performance center - top three finishers in each event.

10-Yard Reverse Ground Start Sprint

Women:

Ember Moon – 2.25 seconds
Bianca Belair – 2.38 seconds
Liv Morgan/Peyton Royce – 2.44 seconds (Tie)

Men:

Tino Sabbatelli – 1.96 seconds
Montez Ford – 2.13 seconds
Demitrius Bronson – 2.15 seconds

Standing Broad Jump

Women:

Bianca Belair – 8 feet, 7 inches
Jessie Elaban – 8 feet, 6 inches
Ember Moon/Mandy Rose – 8 feet, 1 inch (Tie)

Men:

Montez Ford – 11 feet, 2 inches
Tino Sabbatelli – 10 feet, 3 inches
Babatunde Aiyegbusi/Big Boa – 9 feet, 9 inches (Tie)

Overhead Medicine Ball Toss (10 lb. medicine ball for women, 20 lb. medicine ball for men)

Women:

Bianca Belair – 38 feet, 10 inches
Ember Moon – 35 feet, 8 inches
Rhea Ripley – 35 feet, 7 inches

Men:

Tino Sabbatelli – 51 feet, 10 inches
Babatunde Aiyegbusi – 47 feet, 2 inches
Demitrius Bronson – 45 feet

1,000-Meter Row

Women:

Bianca Belair – 3:29
Reina González – 3:30
Rhea Ripley – 3:43

Men:

Babatunde Aiyegbusi – 2:56
Demitrius Bronson – 2:58
No Way Jose – 3:00

Bench press (Maximum reps, 75 pounds for women, 225 pounds for men)

Women:

Bianca Belair – 51 reps
Rhea Ripley – 46 reps
Reina González – 45 reps

Men:

Otis Dozovic – 46 reps
Lars Sullivan – 40 reps
Wesley Blake/Babatunde Aiyegbusi – 32 reps (Tie)

Trap Bar deadlift (Maximum weight)

Women:

Ember Moon/Bianca Belair – 415 pounds (Tie)
Abbey Laith – 400 pounds
Reina González – 375 pounds

Men:

Otis Dozovic – 775 pounds
Demitrius Bronson – 760 pounds
Fabian Aichner/Eric Bughenhagen – 755 pounds (Tie)

Weighted Chin-Up (Three reps)

Women:

Bianca Belair – 206 pounds
Lacey Evans – 187 pounds
Rhea Ripley – 186 pounds

Men:

Babatunde Aiyegbusi – 398 pounds
Otis Dozovic – 380 pounds
Adrian Jaoude – 379 pounds

Farmer’s carry

Women:

Bianca Belair – 1 minute, 6.4 seconds
Reina González – 1 minute, 7.8 seconds
Billie Kay – 1 minute, 12.8 seconds

Men:

Tino Sabbatelli – 52.8 seconds
Montez Ford – 53.5 seconds
Demitrius Bronson – 54.8 seconds

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
so Bianca Belair is a beast

I watched a highlight clip of the first 4 episodes of the Mae Young Classic on Youtube and she did stand out physically. Great athletic ability, move execution and move set. I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up on the main roster next year already. I go ta "Naomi with even better athletic ability and with actual personality" - vibe from the clip.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not terribly sure what the combine is supposed to accomplish though. They're strong and they're athletic. We kind of already knew that, most of these people wouldn't be there if they weren't.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Not terribly sure what the combine is supposed to accomplish though. They're strong and they're athletic. We kind of already knew that, most of these people wouldn't be there if they weren't.

possibly some way of motivating the slackers

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, it all seems pointless to me too. They've got a bunch of failed real spots guys who are good at doing this kind of thing, and said athletic guys did well. Yay? Only problem is that there's a really really long history of those kind of trainees failing completely when trying to be wrestlers, so it doesn't mean much about anything.

It was probably fun to do, if you like doing boring things, but whatever.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I think that's why I really like him. He's the perfect bland babyface.

He's not a fake over the top character, he's just a guy who's great at wrestling. He trains all day, them goes home to his family, before doing all again tomorrow. He's an everyman, not a showman.

Was never into Strong but his NXT run has really won me over. Gotta give a lot of credit to Roode though. Made him look great in their mini feud and put him over last week.

The question is, is he with the ROH guys or not?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was never into Strong but his NXT run has really won me over. Gotta give a lot of credit to Roode though. Made him look great in their mini feud and put him over last week.

The question is, is he with the ROH guys or not?

I doubt he'd hook up with them. They don't really need him. Dijak however, I think he would.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I doubt he'd hook up with them. They don't really need him. Dijak however, I think he would.

I think with his feud with Roode over that it'd make sense to move him into a feud with the RoH guys. It keeps him in the convo for being in the upper tier of talent in NXT and, more importantly it gives him some storyline direction.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I was against the idea of an RoH faction in general, Cole and reDRagon would be fine but not expanded it.

But then Alvarez said a line that made me change my mind, let Strong join them and make the the new Four Horsemen. I can really get behind that idea, it clicked in my head from being a generic RoH group into an actual faction. It gave them a personality as a group that I didn't see before and I'm really into the idea.

The seeds are there already with Strong not running to save McIntyre last episode, and Nigel has already defended Cole and he can be JJ Dillion.

That being said, there's lots you can do here. And I've got faith in NXT to actually do something good with it all. I'm not going to be disappointed when they fail to live up to my far too high expectations of this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dijak makes more sense bc he would be a newcomer and he would be the giant muscle you typically see in factions. Strong would just kind of be the same as Cole, they're both going for the same thing.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, I can agree with that.

And it's not like you can't do something with a fifth horsemen later anyway, even if it means Pestilence has to retire to make room Pollution. They've many options, which is always a great problem to have.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

But it could make an interesting story line.

I can see a DDP vs NWO thing going on there, and that really helped DDP's career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad