Recalled/Assigned: Nutivaara, Anderson (Conditioning Loan) sent to Cleveland.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
yes he just got pass by Carlsson and is not waiver eligible like Harrington so he can get easy minutes in ahl better than siting. he's by far the first call up for a D injury

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
According to Porty's article, the club deems him fully healthy. If they planned on keeping him in the AHL to prevent waivers, then that plan is out the door with this recall (needs 2 games). So, we're not going to lose him for nothing.

Does Harrington go on waivers? Or do we put Carlsson to the AHL once he's healthy? or carry 8 D?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Glad to see Nuti recalled. I know some feel Harrington is better; I'm not among them. And unlike the Wild game which saw Torts limit the 6th defenseman to 11+ minutes, I see Torts having the confidence to give Nuti a few more on ice minutes.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Nutivaara > Carlsson > Harrington

The only thing (IMO) Carlsson has over Nutivaara is actual physical size and reach/stick length. Problem is that the dude, at least not yet, hasn't learned to use this size and reach advantage he has on most, to his actual advantage. Quite frankly I think Carlsson could use time in the AHL to work on his skating and get used to the physical play and small ice. I really think the only way Carlsson can prosper in the NHL is if he plays in the mold of a Prout. He needs to focus solely on defense, along with the need to DEVELOP and play with as much of an "edge" as he can. In my opinion, of course.

Nutivaara is just as good or better defensively as Carlsson or Harrington. His vastly superior skating and offensive instincts and ability also seem to mesh much better with Murray, or the 2 other "common" or possible D partners, in Johnson or Werenski, when (not if) Murray moves up a pairing.

I see their future (NHL careers/on CBJ or not) shaking out like this: Gavrikov (def d man) = Nutivaara (off d man) > Carlsson (def d man)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad