Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
hated that play live. Looks even worse on replay, as Nurse had an open short pass option where we could have skated that puck out. Instead he does this attempted weak bank off the boards. Like even if it gets through the 2 nucks it’s still going to get picked up and turned right back into our zone .

He does this all the time and you can see him telegraphing it when he’s playing like shit.

When he attempts to make passing plays out of the D zone standing still he is about the worst defenseman imaginable because his make rate on those passes is probably about 10% at best.

Someone needs to drill into his head “when you get the puck you start skating before you even think of passing.” When he plays feet first he either shortens the distance on his pass or is close enough to the red line to just dump it. The standing pass is basically an auto turnover.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The shots were deceiving. It was a low energy game, very poorly played by both teams. What were the high danger scoring chances? Not very high for either team I bet. Shots are a fairly meaningless stat without context.

If you saw domination out there then I'd have to vehemently disagree with that. Vancouver outplayed them in the 3rd but it wasn't a domination.
"domination" may be a strong word but they were clearly the better team after the 1st...McDavid was completely shut down and Lindholm was torching the Nurse-Ceci pairing every shift

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
If this is the standard of reffing for this round we are screwed. The let them play mentality goes against how we are built. Hopefully that was just another Hurt feelings Kozari game and the other officials are better.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Everyone had the oil had huge favourites . I am not as sold on the team as I still see the same issues that buried them in the past. Skinner was bad and not winning with that goaltending. But… the rest of the team was garbage and nurse/ ceci were a huge issue again. They still may win this series but this was a really immature loss sgain

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Defence was actually pretty good in the 3rd. They gave up 1 HD scoring chance, the problem is Skinner let in 3 goals off that.

Yeah we didn't really give up all that much tbh.

A lot of basically f***ing nothing chances, even in the second. After the second Hyman goal we have basically no excuse to lose.

Losing basically required our goaltender to score on himself twice and then give up two other softies.

That's what's frustrating - the Canucks beat themselves in this game, and then we raced back to out do them beating themselves. They came out with the jitters and shit the bed in the moment, all we had to do was not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
"domination" may be a strong word but they were clearly the better team after the 1st...McDavid was completely shut down and Lindholm was torching the Nurse-Ceci pairing every shift
Yeah, they were better but that was one of the dullest playoff games I've ever seen from two teams. I don't know if it had to do with rust or whatnot but it was a terrible game from both teams.

Reactions: Oilhawks and nabob

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
The Oilers did what I feared the most. The score was flattering this time. But that was the same piece of shit game they've put together the last 2 years after winning a series.

9-6 Flames
8-6 Avalanche
6-4 Vegas
5-4 Vancouver.. and a VERY VERY Flattering score imo.

I know everyone is picking on Skinner, Nurse, Ceci.

I say Bull f***ing shit.

This was a team result. They were for the most part ALL awful. And it came from their leadership. McDavid was a no show. Maybe not in effort. But in execution and focus. Seriously he handled the puck like a f***ing grenade tonight. Worst playoff game I may ever have seen from him. Sorry but if I'm being frank the team kind of emulates him.

They'll likely figure it out and make a series out of this and hopefully win. But my faith in a cup took a big hit tonight. I don't believe you can win this trophy tip toe'ing into series. I've harped on it all year. I was happy to see a change in game 1 of L.A where they came out SERIOUS and ready for business. Then this egg was laid and now I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I'm just hoping it's not the same old team that can't deal with success, needs to be punched in the face to realize there's a fight going on.

An Immature game from the Oilers tonight.

Nurse, Ceci, Skinner were just the ones left with the most egg on their faces after egg fight was over.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Oilers did what I feared the most. The score was flattering this time. But that was the same piece of shit game they've put together the last 2 years after winning a series.

9-6 Flames
8-6 Avalanche
6-4 Vegas
5-4 Vancouver.. and a VERY VERY Flattering score imo.

I know everyone is picking on Skinner, Nurse, Ceci.

I say Bull f***ing shit.

This was a team result. They were for the most part ALL awful. And it came from their leadership. McDavid was a no show. Maybe not in effort. But in execution and focus. Seriously he handled the puck like a f***ing grenade tonight. Worst playoff game I may ever have seen from him. Sorry but if I'm being frank the team kind of emulates him.

They'll likely figure it out and make a series out of this and hopefully win. But my faith in a cup took a big hit tonight. I don't believe you can win this trophy tip toe'ing into series. I've harped on it all year. I was happy to see a change in game 1 of L.A where they came out SERIOUS and ready for business. Then this egg was laid and now I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I'm just hoping it's not the same old team that can't deal with success, needs to be punched in the face to realize there's a fight going on.

An Immature game from the Oilers tonight.

Nurse, Ceci, Skinner were just the ones left with the most egg on their faces after egg fight was over.
Nurse, Ceci and Skinner have the most egg on their face cause they were the worst players on the ice AND the likelihood of them being much better is pretty low.

We know McDavid will be better. We know most of them will be. This is just the average game from those 3.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
If one values one's sanity, don't read LeBrun's latest article about the impact Chris Tanev is having on the Stars. Bednar is working hard to get MacKinnon away from that match-up (Tanev was 5-0 in GF-GA against Vegas' top two lines across 93 minutes) and we have Ceci losing his match-ups against everyone.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If one values one's sanity, don't read LeBrun's latest article about the impact Chris Tanev is having on the Stars. Bednar is working hard to get MacKinnon away from that match-up (Tanev was 5-0 in GF-GA against Vegas' top two lines across 93 minutes) and we have Ceci losing his match-ups against everyone.
I think that on what 4/5 of the goals Nurse is in the frame looking like an idiot.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Nurse, Ceci and Skinner have the most egg on their face cause they were the worst players on the ice AND the likelihood of them being much better is pretty low.

We know McDavid will be better. We know most of them will be. This is just the average game from those 3.

I disagree. The whole team was AWFUL.

Evander Kane was a 5 alarm DISASTER in his own zone. That guy's passes are a f***ing nightmare.

The rest of the forwards were such utter dog f***ing shit. All that shit rolled down and smeared all over Nurse, Ceci, and Skinner.

You can't win a hockey game barfing the puck up and treating it like a hot potatoe. The Oilers looked nervous... like a bunch of rookies playing their first playoff game. This is 4 mother f***ing years in with this core and they played like a bunch of scared bitches.

Reactions: Kerberos

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think that on what 4/5 of the goals Nurse is in the frame looking like an idiot.
Almost as if they’re targeting him.

Only difference is in game 4 of the LA series Skinner was dialed in instead of whatever the hell that performance last night was.
Maybe playing passive hockey against a team that can score isn’t a good idea. The Sharks would’ve won that game with how poor we played.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Same thing I said after game 2 against LA. If Skinner plays like that again the net should be Pickard's. The Oilers played an awful game offensively, but they gave up very little defensively and somehow Skinner spotted them 5.
Yes this. Oilers sucked by no way the bucks should have scored 5 skinner was awful

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Almost as if they’re targeting him.

Maybe playing passive hockey against a team that can score isn’t a good idea. The Sharks would’ve won that game with how poor we played.
Nurse and Ceci saw most of their minutes against the Canucks 3rd line. Ekholm and Bouchard saw mostly top 6.
And even with that Nurse and Ceci were that bad. It’s astonishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad