Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Canucks absolutely owned the Oilers in the 2nd half of the game.
They completely neutralized McDavid in this game. He was a non factor and if you can do that to McDavid then you have a much much better chance of beating the Oilers. Thats exactly what the Canucks did and the refs helped.
Then there was Mr $9.25M...what a joke Darnell Nurse is. He should be the best dman on the ice most of the time instead he is a liability. The Canucks absolutely dominated the Nurse pairing.
The Oilers highest paid pairing.
Nurse should feel ashamed everytime he gets paid.

The Oilers also didnt create enough in this game. The Canucks didnt even get good goaltending in this game. The Oiler had what...one shot in the 3rd period?
That is brutal.
That should have been an automatic win with a 3 goal lead instead the boys choked in the big moment.
They can recover from this but there is no candy coating this loss...it is a devastating loss.

At this point in time I wouldnt be surprised if the Oilers have to be wondering if they can even beat the Canucks.
Now we find out how much instestinal fortitude this team has because the pressure is squarely on them for game 2. Lose that game after choking on this game and the series will be in serious jeopardy.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
+/- is a trash stat but this really says it all

1715230989510.png

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Inexcusably play by the whole club the last 2 periods but with how much Nucks got in scoring chances no way that should be 5 GA. To put this in perspective Nucks scored only 13 goals in 6 games all of round one. They blow 5 by Stewed Skinner.
I won’t deny that but the oilers probably shouldn’t have had more than 2 either.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Worst goalie remaining in playoffs. What a waste of McDrai having this clown as our starter.

That said would have been nice for McDavid to even show up in this game.

This game gives a glimpse of what this club looks like without Drai. (even though he returned very clear he was struggling)
A center like McLeod had the chance to step up but he shit his pants.

Did you see McLeod with the chance for a free hit on a defenceman in the first period. He touched him with his forearm. Had his chance late in the third... again bitched out big time.

What a waste of a roster space. Least physical player in the NHL.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Foegele and PK were great. Not much else.
Didn't like Kane at all.. he was a step behind mentally and physically.. McDavid looks hurt ..played with 0 confidence

Reactions: Macheteops

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Lots not to like about this game. The team stopped working after the fourth goal and Skinner was awful the last two periods. What I found concerning even before the collapse was the forwards had no interest going in front of the Vancouver net and engaging with the Canucks d men. It brought back memories of the Vegas series.

Getting back to Skinner. It looked like he went off the rails after the first goal. He took the bad penalty a few moments later, looked rattled on that pk and never recovered. I don’t know what to make of this guy. He looked like he was in charge in the first period but as we’ve seen so many times it only takes one bad break to throw him off his game. He recovered after his bad game against LA but that team had nothing compared to what Vancouver has. Once again, he better be on a short leash after what we saw tonight.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
That's the maddest I've ever been watching a game. I have lost complete faith in the team after that performance.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It's only game 1, I'm not panicking yet. Calgary bent us over two years ago in game 1.

But the boys need to wake up. You cannot sit back like that on a quick strike team like a Vancouver. Hopefully they learn that lesson.
The funny thing is the "quick strike" Canucks scored on 4 low percentage goals outside of the lucky 1st goal bounce off the boards.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is exactly the type of game that the Oilers needed to lose. Up 4-1 through half the game and then no intensity, battle, or pride for the rest of the game.

The Oilers needed a kick in the ass, and this was it. They're not playing the Kings anymore.
If the Oilers needed to blow a 4-1 lead to give them a kick in the butt in the midst of a playoff series then the problems are WAY deeper than I ever imagined.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Nurse, Ceci, and goaltending are the weak spots of the team? Who could've predicted? Also shout out to a completely shit offensive performance, the Nucks goalie played as bad as Skinner and they managed to make him look okay by not shooting.

I’ve been f***ing mad at this team before, and I’ve been f***ing mad at this team for not shooting before, but the choice to stand around and look for a cross slot pass instead of shooting with the goalie pulled may have sent my blood pressure to levels never seen before.

Just so typical for this group. Put yourself in a bad spot, but have 2 mins with the goalie pulled to tie? Why shoot? Why even be ready to shoot? In Connor’s case, why bother to put your stick on the ice when you’re in a prime shooting position?

YOU JUST SCORED TWO GIFT GOALS ON A SHIT GOALIE. SHOOT. THE. f***ING. PUCK.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I dont think he would have played the third if he was going to straight up be out for a long time
He played the third due to how absolutely dismal the club looked without him. i.e. lost. That was one of the worst periods of the season which is saying something. If Nuge scored or anybody at all beared down other than Hyman than Drai doesn't play the rest of the game. Concerns me that we lost AND we had injured Drai out there with something that was clearly bothering him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad