• Nurse/Ceci

Votes: 56 32.6%
  • Cole/Myers

Votes: 116 67.4%

• Total voters

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Would you rather have two UFA's who are off the books or one guy making more than both of them combined while being just as bad for the next 6 seasons? Nurse will cost you 9.25 until 2030, but Myers and Cole will be long gone by then.

I'd take Myers/Cole, they're all bad but Cole has gotten extremely unlucky having like four pucks bounce off of him and into the net.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i don’t really care about the my dad could beat your dad thing happening here but shouldn’t this be nurse/ceci vs either soucy/myers or zadorov/cole?

or are we not talking about actual d pairs and just two guys on each team who make a lot of mistakes?

Reactions: JoeMc and Rowlet

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I guess it really depends, cap flexibility is nice until Cole single handedly loses you a playoff series. But I guess having more cap is a nice consolation prize to winning games. There's no good answer unfortunately.
It's in ridiculous territory now, make that 5 goals to his own net. Silovs slept with his girl?

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
You gotta take the nurse duo because cole will play for you for free once you meet his team in the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Why is everyone talking about contract ? Who would you take right now to win in the playoffs right now? Nurse and Ceci for me
Contracts still matter as both teams are over the cap, that extra 3.5M went to another player. I'll take Myers + Cole + 3.5M to spend on upgrades elsewhere over Nurse/Ceci

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
this should be Myers vs Cole, Cece and Nurse.

Cole signed with the oil in game 2.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Contracts still matter as both teams are over the cap, that extra 3.5M went to another player. I'll take Myers + Cole + 3.5M to spend on upgrades elsewhere over Nurse/Ceci

I think the question was meant to be who is the best pairing, regardless of the contracts, but I could be wrong.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Myers and Cole were good last night. Cole has been good the last two games but has had two really bad deflections resulting in two glad. But otherwise very good and steady.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Myers and Cole were good last night. Cole has been good the last two games but has had two really bad deflections resulting in two glad. But otherwise very good and steady.
What?

Cole lost the game in OT in game 2
Cole once again almost let Edmonton tie the game in game 3

That’s not “very” good

Reactions: Summer Rose

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I don't think Nurse and Ceci have played badly, what great scoring chances have they given up? They play with Oiler forward lines that are creating no offense and cannot sustain much offensive zone time. It was embarrassing seeing Oilers fans blame Ceci and Nurse in game one when Skinner was pure garbage against the Canucks. None of those shots should have gone in. No one should be blaming d-men for those kind of weak goals.

Last edited:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
The salary cap is necessary for business reasons and good for competition, but man, I hate how it has changed the way we talk about hockey. Here we are in the playoff forum and we're mostly talking about cap hits and contracts.
Yep I hate it a lot actually.

I love talking about it but it feels like the players are negative or positive value on cap hit alone

EP for example next year making over 11 I'd he has bad games he won't be as forgiven as this year.

Nurse making his just over 9 constantly gets talked about. Is he overpaid? Yes. Do UFAs get overpaid? Yes.

He signed a bridge and wanted to get paid so he dud. He is a 7.5 million defensemen tasked to do a ton for the Edmonton system.

I picked Nurse/Ceci because Nurse isn't as bad as a lot of people suggest just that his cap hit is way above his punching weight.

Reactions: byrath

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad