Number of 50 Goal Scorers this Year? (2024)

How many 50+ Goal Scorers for the 2023-2024 season?

Votes: 24 48.0%

Votes: 14 28.0%

Votes: 6 12.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Under 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Nearing the All-Star break the following players have probable projections to cross that mark:

Auston Matthews, Sam Reinhart, Nikita Kucherov, David Pastrnak given not only their current totals but historical track record though all are doing above averages obviously.

The next group of players are in the plausible category due in part to their current numbers and teams they are on:

Crosby, Hyman, Panarin, Boeser, MacKinnon, Rantanen

We've had 5 and 4 scorers of this caliber in the past two seasons so the possibility of 10 would be pretty phenomenal however 6+ is looking dare I say more likely than not? Would be interesting to see their last 30 game stretches for sure. I do think under 4 is so unlikely I did not see reasoning to put it as an option.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Voted 7

These 5 will if they remain healthy :

Auston Matthews
Sam Reinhart
Zach Hyman
Nikita Kucherov
David Pastrnak

These are possible too IMO :

Mikko Rantanen
Nathan MacKinnon
Leon Draisaitl
Connor McDavid
Filip Forsberg

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Probably 4 - but I just want to say how much more fun the league is now that scoring is up and we can be excited about having multiple 50 goal scorers again. Lets more fans of teams have fun milestones to cheer for and get excited about.

Reactions: WingsFan95

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Nearing the All-Star break the following players have probable projections to cross that mark:

Auston Matthews, Sam Reinhart, Nikita Kucherov, David Pastrnak given not only their current totals but historical track record though all are doing above averages obviously.

The next group of players are in the plausible category due in part to their current numbers and teams they are on:

Crosby, Hyman, Panarin, Boeser, MacKinnon, Rantanen

We've had 5 and 4 scorers of this caliber in the past two seasons so the possibility of 10 would be pretty phenomenal however 6+ is looking dare I say more likely than not? Would be interesting to see their last 30 game stretches for sure. I do think under 4 is so unlikely I did not see reasoning to put it as an option.

Umm

Reinhart has already surpassed his career season high in goals.
It's not just "above average", he's nearly double his best ever season.

Of the 34 goals he has scored this year, only 13 of them are at even strength.

50% of his goals are on the power play, and that's not likely sustainable for a full season.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
In the sixties era when the schedule was 70 games long, 50 plus goals was done 5 times, 4 by Bobby Hull and one by Boom Boom. Was a rarity then.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Absolutely terrible poll options. Where are the choices under 4? And why on earth are you going up to 10? This is so absurdly skewed.
Overreaction much? It is statistically likely we have at least 4 finish with 50+ goals, if I'm off it will be very close like 48-49 goal finishes. Secondly the poll goes up to 10 where I don't think it's realistic to consider beyond that although I already admitted that would be wild (but plausible).
Umm

Reinhart has already surpassed his career season high in goals.
It's not just "above average", he's nearly double his best ever season.

Of the 34 goals he has scored this year, only 13 of them are at even strength.

50% of his goals are on the power play, and that's not likely sustainable for a full season.
All that said it's not much to assume he can score at least 16 more goals in say 32 games (so I'm even giving him some misses). And yes, Sam Reinhart is the outlier but I was making a general statement.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Overreaction much? It is statistically likely we have at least 4 finish with 50+ goals, if I'm off it will be very close like 48-49 goal finishes. Secondly the poll goes up to 10 where I don't think it's realistic to consider beyond that although I already admitted that would be wild (but plausible).
I think the point poster was trying to make, maybe you could have had one as
“3 or less”.

Reactions: hn777

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
At a similar point last season, we already had eight 30 goal scorers and ended the season with five.

It’s looking like four for this season.

Reactions: Play

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I’m thinking five with Matthews taking the Rocket.

Matthews
Kucherov
Reinhart
Hyman
Mack

Mack is on a horrifying heater and he is Mack.

Reinhart would have to go ice cold to not manage 16 goals in his team’s last 34 games, and Oilers MVP Zach Hyman!?

And good for them.

Some will get 45-49 and fall just short maybe Crosby, Draisaitl, McDavid and Rantanen. Back to the cat christening for you, Mikko.

Last edited:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I'll say 11
Screenshot_20240125_142654_Google.jpg

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Update at Break:

Matthews at 40 (projected 70)
Reinhart at 37 (projected 62)
Hyman at 30 (projected 55)
Pastrnak at 33 (projected 54)
Kucherov at 32 (projected 52)
MacKinnon at 31 (projected 52)
><><><><><><><><><
Panarin at 30 (projected 50)
Boeser at 30 (projected 50)
Crosby at 27 (projected 48)

Rantanen & Petterssen projected for 45

And yeah there's plenty to go and projections could go down but they don't go down for every player as some actually see an uptick towards the end of the season. So if balancing out it IS looking good we see 5+ this year.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Absolutely terrible poll options. Where are the choices under 4? And why on earth are you going up to 10? This is so absurdly skewed.
He still didn’t add any options for under 4. One of the most obnoxious poll creators of this year.

Im not saying I could do what he is doing as a poll creator, and not knocking his work, but when you start ignoring the people that’s a sure sign of your demise as a poll creator

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
Interesting that it allowed me to add an option to an existing poll that was already voted on (I've been around here a long time and no forums allowed you to edit a poll once it was voted on already) but then I realized voting period had ended and yet my new poll option of Under 4 was added.......hilarious?

Anywho I'll gladly eat crow if less than 4 players hit 50 this year, it's just that past several years and current projections are telling us it will be 6+ and it would take quite a bit for it to go so far as under 4.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Will be less than how many currently pacing for it is my guess. I think there are/were 8 pacing for 50. Last year at the same time, there were 9 pacing for 50 and 5 that scored 50.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad