Racing: NTT Indycar Series (2021 schedule in post #63)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Stunning news, but maybe not....

Aldo Andretti, the 80 year old twin brother of Mario Andretti passed earlier today....

courtesy Andretti Autosport FB

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Stunning news, but maybe not....

Aldo Andretti, the 80 year old twin brother of Mario Andretti passed earlier today....

courtesy Andretti Autosport FB

It is a reality check when a person loses someone so close. The words ooze sorrow.

Aldo Andretti, Mario’s Twin Brother, Has Died

Racing legend Mario Andretti announced on Twitter today (December 31) that his twin brother Aldo died last night at the age of 80. Mario tweeted, “My loving twin brother, my partner in crime and my faithful best friend every day of my life was called to heaven last night. Half of me went with him. There is no eloquence. I’m shaken to my core.”

In a statement, the Andretti Autosport team said Aldo “passed peacefully with a heart full of love and spirit.”

Aldo was also a racer. The brothers’ first car, a Hudson Hornet, was driven to its first victory by Aldo, not Mario, after Aldo won a coin toss for the honor of driving in its initial race. But the car came back to bite him after a crash at the end of the 1959 season left Aldo in a coma for four days. After racing various sprint cars throughout the 1960s, another bad crash in 1969 left him with multiple broken bones and would be his last race. Shortly after that he went into business with a tire dealership called Andretti Firestone and, later, Andretti Machine & Engineering Co.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark