GDT: NSH @ WSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Can anyone tell me why Lavi broke up Strome and Ovi???
SZMc.gif

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Alright, if that's your opinion that's fine. But there's a reason he's on the 4th line.
Regardless of how I do or don't feel about Mantha, coaching decisions and line pairings don't really speak to player quality. This is the same coach that kept feeding Hagelin minutes all last year and punted Sprong to the moon.

Possibly load management for Strome? Not sure if he played a lot yesterday. Or maybe Lavi felt Kuzys ability to enter the zone on his own would be needed against the Preds defensive scheme.
They were already apart yesterday as well.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Regardless of how I do or don't feel about Mantha, coaching decisions and line pairings don't really speak to player quality. This is the same coach that kept feeding Hagelin minutes all last year and punted Sprong to the moon.

They were already apart yesterday as well.

Fair enough. But the common denominator of Hagelin & Sprong is effort. Hagelin had it but sucked anyways. Sprong didn't have it but had talent. One stayed, one left.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think Mantha just made an easy decision for BMac regarding who stays and who goes with Wilson/Backstrom back in lineup as soon as Sunday.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I think Mantha just made an easy decision for BMac regarding who stays and who goes with Wilson/Backstrom back in lineup as soon as Sunday.
Man, it would be great if he could move Mantha out to land a big upgrade at D. Hell, throw in CMM (since no C spots are opening up for the foreseeable future if 19 is healthy, and Strome signs long term), if that’s part of what it takes to land a Chychrun or Quinn Hughes. Yea, they are LDs - but maybe that allows them to let Orlov walk this offseason.

Our current D-pairs don’t feel tenable for a playoff push down the stretch. Especially with so many tough Metro games left. Too many turnovers in their zone, missed assignments, and bad breakouts. And the extra workload seems to be messing with Orlov’s game. Just depends if they can hold it together until JC74 comes back.

I don’t hate Mantha as much as some - but with the roster crunch, and cheaper guys competing hard and producing - he may be expendable in a trade to strengthen the team in another area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad